Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
What are your prefered targets?
For the wing? We don't need another one. We already have Di Maria, Chiesa, Kostic, Cuadrado and one of Depay/Werner/Morata coming. That'll suffice for now. I dont have any major preference between the latter 3- ideally Werner maybe, but the cheaper the better, because there are other areas that need reinforcing. I wouldn't complain if Depay came on a free.
We still need a midfielder, a LB, and another CB before we can start thinking of unecessary luxuries like Zaniolo (who I wouldn't take anyway even if we were financially well off). I would take Udogie on a postponed payment if it secured his arrival next year. But sadly we missed the boat because we seem more interested in signing up has-been's like Parepiss who are there to tape over the cracks in this squad, instead of investing in our future. Tottenham snapped him up for something like 18m + 2 in bonuses. That's a steal.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
Great price

- - - Updated - - -

For the wing? We don't need another one. We already have Di Maria, Chiesa, Kostic, Cuadrado and one of Depay/Werner/Morata coming. That'll suffice for now. I dont have any major preference between the latter 3- ideally Werner maybe, but the cheaper the better, because there are other areas that need reinforcing. I wouldn't complain if Depay came on a free.
We still need a midfielder, a LB, and another CB before we can start thinking of unecessary luxuries like Zaniolo (who I wouldn't take anyway even if we were financially well off). I would take Udogie on a postponed payment if it secured his arrival next year. But sadly we missed the boat because we seem more interested in signing up has-been's like Parepiss who are there to tape over the cracks in this squad, instead of investing in our future.
Was expecting something a bit more creative tbh, but thanks for your reply

Last edited:

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Moans about "expensive luxuries" and pretends like Zaniolo isnt one himself. The inconsistency. :lol: He is the epitome of an expensive, unnecessary luxury.

It's hilarious that you think he would actually play a full season here anyway, knowing his history.
Dude, Zaniolo would be a loan payment only this year. Are you slow on purpose?

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
We still need a midfielder, a LB, and another CB before we can start thinking of unecessary luxuries like Zaniolo (who I wouldn't take anyway even if we were financially well off). I would take Udogie on a postponed payment if it secured his arrival next year. But sadly we missed the boat because we seem more interested in signing up has-been's like Parepiss who are there to tape over the cracks in this squad, instead of investing in our future.
So you would take Werner (officially signed back to RBL), Depay (also had an ACL and is not particularly fit or professional for that matter) or Morata who Atletico do not want to sell for less than 30m (which would bring our total lifetime investment in Morata up to 70 fucking million).

Also, have you considered the possibility that the club values Cambiaso as a better prospect and already signed their 'Udogie' and sent him on loan? ofc not

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
Was expecting something a bit more creative tbh, but thanks for your reply
Wdym? You want me to drop names? Well seeing as Udogie is gone I guess there's no point crying over split milk, so I would turn our attention to someone like Raum or Gaya. We're in talks with Valencia over Arthur- if we could throw Gaya into the mix it would be ideal. I heard Valencia were in financial trouble and need to offload some players. Idk how realistic it would be to get him. I wanted Wijndal from AZ Alkmaar too but he's gone to Ajax for only 10m it seems. Honestly, at this point anyone over Sandro will do.

As for the midfield, SMS is obviously the dream, but that doesnt seem feasible. Fabian Ruiz is my top choice and PSG seem to be getting a bargain with that price tag. But again, we are obsessed with this paredes. Fratessi maybe plan B.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
Dude, Zaniolo would be a loan payment only this year. Are you slow on purpose?
Seems like you're the one who's a bit slow. Ive reiterated several times that I dont care if we pay for him this year or next. He is a waste of money. An unecessary luxury. We don't need him now nor never.

Also where are you getting this "it would be a loan payment" from? All of the rumours so far are suggesting that we are presenting offers of 15m or so with players included, which Roma are refusing to accept. Do you just pull any random shit of your arse?

- - - Updated - - -

So you would take Werner (officially signed back to RBL), Depay (also had an ACL and is not particularly fit or professional for that matter) or Morata who Atletico do not want to sell for less than 30m (which would bring our total lifetime investment in Morata up to 70 fucking million).

Also, have you considered the possibility that the club values Cambiaso as a better prospect and already signed their 'Udogie' and sent him on loan? ofc not
Seems like you missed the point. I dont particularly rate any of them that highly. The point was that whoever comes will provide enough depth for the wing for now, and wont cost an arm and a leg like Zaniolo does, thus freeing up some of our budget to spend on more important areas. Read better next time

Last edited:

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
This this this! We really fucked up there.

Allegri will resort to a three man defense because obviously the defense is shit, which is what I thought would happen. Pack it in old man.
Is it not impressive though that even after all these years a combination of no LB and Bonucci is forcing us into a back 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)