Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (127 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Orgut and others are so blinded by their Pogba love that they fail to see he had missed 67 matches due to injury over 2019-20, 2020-21, and 2021-22 season so far.

Ramsey, conversely missed 34 matches due to injury over his 3 seasons prior to joining Juventus.

But according to Orgut, Pogba has been nowhere near as injury prone and we should give him that 10 mil/year net. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

:agree:

It’s a joke to defend players not giving a shit for multiple years, half-assing it, not showing any effort of work ethic over entire seasons and saying it’s the coach’s fault or the players they have to play with.

He’s getting paid a fortune to go out there and give his all on the pitch to help his team. And his shit attitude and lazy mentality means he rarely ever does. I hate players like him and Rabiot and the ridiculous excuses given for them not putting in the work. Clowns.
I hope we sign him and you become on of his fanboys

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I hope we sign him and you become on of his fanboys
If we sign him, myself and everyone else who don’t want him will cheer for him to do well, obviously. I don’t want another anchor weighing this team down. I despise Rabiot but still hope he’ll get his shit together. I’m a Juve fan. Not going to hope Pogba fails here just because I think he’s an overrated clown. I’ll hope he finally fulfils at least some of his potential.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Fine, then let's just keep Rabiot.

I don't care how Pogba was years ago and how penalties bloated his stats. I care about performances now. It's not as if he was at United for a year or 2... He's going to be 29 next month. We've seen this before with the Higuain transfer. It's time to buy younger.

De Jong as a regista and pushing up Locatelli is a much better option than this. And if you really want an advanced midfielder, get a hungry one.
I don't mind Rabiot. His attitude and professionalism is not a problem, he is just not good enough. If we can't upgrade on him then keep him just fine.

Not years ago, Pogba has 8 G/A this season with all the injuries. Had 15 G/A last season. Had 5 G/A a year before that in only 1500 minutes. 16G and 13A just the year before.

That is 57 G/A contributions in 3 and a half years. Playing as a holding midfielder as one of the two pivots for the majority of it. Do all of our midfielders combined in this period come close to this? Do you realize how ridiculous it is to say this is not good and almost nobody in the world can hold up to that standard?

Yeah, yeah, stat padding, penalties etc. Take penalties away, a player who is as lazy, doesn't care, toxic, past it etc does not get these numbers. He must be doing SOMETHING right.

So Pogba is not good enough but FDJ at Barca is fine? I would not mind him here, he is a good player, I don't hold the Barca mess against him, but Pogba is much better, and much less expensive.

His injuries are a concern certainly and dealing with Raiola too. But his injuries only started once Solskjaer came. He had players who barely ever missed games like Matić and Martial in the hospital all the time.

It's a risk ofc, but I would take him any day over paying 60+ million for FDJ, Tielemans etc. who have many of the same issues. Forget SMS; that is never happening unless he comes for free. And Pogba > SMS anyways

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I don't mind Rabiot. His attitude and professionalism is not a problem, he is just not good enough. If we can't upgrade on him then keep him just fine.

Not years ago, Pogba has 8 G/A this season with all the injuries. Had 15 G/A last season. Had 5 G/A a year before that in only 1500 minutes. 16G and 13A just the year before.

That is 57 G/A contributions in 3 and a half years. Playing as a holding midfielder as one of the two pivots for the majority of it. Do all of our midfielders combined in this period come close to this? Do you realize how ridiculous it is to say this is not good and almost nobody in the world can hold up to that standard?

Yeah, yeah, stat padding, penalties etc. Take penalties away, a player who is as lazy, doesn't care, toxic, past it etc does not get these numbers. He must be doing SOMETHING right.

So Pogba is not good enough but FDJ at Barca is fine? I would not mind him here, he is a good player, I don't hold the Barca mess against him, but Pogba is much better, and much less expensive.

His injuries are a concern certainly and dealing with Raiola too. But his injuries only started once Solskjaer came. He had players who barely ever missed games like Matić and Martial in the hospital all the time.

It's a risk ofc, but I would take him any day over paying 60+ million for FDJ, Tielemans etc. who have many of the same issues. Forget SMS; that is never happening unless he comes for free. And Pogba > SMS anyways
Dude, how do you not understand it's only going downhill for Pogba from here on out? And it's been going downhill for years including the injuries.

Let's say we buy Frenkie for 60m and he doesn't turn it on, we can easily sell him for 40-50 million in a few years. But no, let's stack another high earner with injury problems who we won't be able to move because he's over 30 years old after one season here.

Also, Frenkie is truly playing out of position at Barca. Kind of like Pogba but he's actually disciplined to try and do what's told. That's what we need; team players, not dabbing stars. It reminds me of the time Tuz was all against Jorginho.

But I'm open for other options. Barella cost inter how much? Quality doesn't mean necessarily mean expensive. It can perfectly be an up and coming guy.

PS: SMS beat Pogba stats wise in every one the last 3 seasons (including this one). Every season he had more goals and more asssts as well.

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
In terms of quality I believe that Pogba is better.

The picture might change if we add transfer fee and agent fee and stuff
pogba is one of the most talented mids of the last decade, his ceiling is extremely high. but he very rarely plays true to his abilities, and that's a question of mentally. sergej is overall a much better purchase. (though i always add that lotito probably makes him an impossible target, so there's that too.)

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Dude, how do you not understand it's only going downhill for Pogba from here on out? And it's been going downhill for years including the injuries.

Let's say we buy Frenkie for 60m and he doesn't turn it on, we can easily sell him for 40-50 million in a few years. But no, let's stack another high earner with injury problems who we won't be able to move because he's over 30 years old after one season here.

Also, Frenkie is truly playing out of position at Barca. Kind of like Pogba but he's actually disciplined to try and do what's told. That's what we need; team players, not dabbing stars. It reminds me of the time Tuz was all against Jorginho.

But I'm open for other options. Barella cost inter how much?
Because I can't see the future. He very well may be done, but to your point about resale value - Pogba's marketing appeal will always mean he can be sold for 20m at the very least. That would bring us plusvalenza even if he flops.

FDJ is nowhere near that level of popularity and marketing and in his case I think if he flopped we would struggle with selling him just like with Arthur. Not to mention we already have a better player in Locatelli who is natural in the same position. The cost of a transfer like him or Tielemans plus their wages would be higher than Pogba on free.

Pogba is disciplined to do it too, but asking him to play as DLP is the same as asking Rabiot to do it and then blaming Rabiot for making mistakes there. It's just not his position and role to play what he has ever since the first Mourinho season there. He hasn't played in that advanced midfielder role consistently for years at Utd.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
In terms of quality I believe that Pogba is better.

The picture might change if we add transfer fee and agent fee and stuff
Better 5+ years ago? Sure. Better since then, not even close. Far worse. Overrated, injury prone, clown.

- - - Updated - - -

People talk about Pogba’s teammates bringing him down… ManU had one decent season in the Pogba era. Season 1. When they won Europa. Since then they have gotten progressively worse. Brought in multiple stars and hot young players… and gotten worse. The one constant of that period, Pogba. Players come play with him and then into lazy, indolent, half-assers just like Pogba. So perhaps it’s Pogba infecting teammates with his toxic shit attitude and mentality. And some here think he’s a leader lol

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Because I can't see the future. He very well may be done, but to your point about resale value - Pogba's marketing appeal will always mean he can be sold for 20m at the very least. That would bring us plusvalenza even if he flops.

FDJ is nowhere near that level of popularity and marketing and in his case I think if he flopped we would struggle with selling him just like with Arthur. Not to mention we already have a better player in Locatelli who is natural in the same position. The cost of a transfer like him or Tielemans plus their wages would be higher than Pogba on free.

Pogba is disciplined to do it too, but asking him to play as DLP is the same as asking Rabiot to do it and then blaming Rabiot for making mistakes there. It's just not his position and role to play what he has ever since the first Mourinho season there. He hasn't played in that advanced midfielder role consistently for years at Utd.
Except he's not and it's showing again tonight. He's doing a decent job in keeping possession but is adding very little there. He's so much better as a CM.

If Pogba doesn't perform, we'll have problem ditching him like we've had numerous times in these past years with expensive Bosman transfers... Paratici would make this deal, that alone should be enough to stay away from it.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Except he's not and it's showing again tonight. He's doing a decent job in keeping possession but is adding very little there. He's so much better as a CM.

If Pogba doesn't perform, we'll have problem ditching him like we've had numerous times in these past years with expensive Bosman transfers... Paratici would make this deal, that alone should be enough to stay away from it.
Except he is but he doesn't have anyone to create with. He struggles as the lone creator, he has nobody to combine with. He played the deepest mid 99.9% of the season and is one of our best players consistently.

You cannot compare Rabiot and Ramsey to Pogba's appeal worldwide.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Except he is but he doesn't have anyone to create with. He struggles as the lone creator, he has nobody to combine with. He played the deepest mid 99.9% of the season and is one of our best players consistently.

You cannot compare Rabiot and Ramsey to Pogba's appeal worldwide.
His appeal as a 30 yo will be next to nothing.

And I don't care what Loca has done for 99,9 % of the season. It's 100% clear he's much better as a CM when Arthur actually plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 110)