Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (66 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I'm just letting you know how I feel. That mercato gets us nowhere. We won't make a dent in Europe and won't challenge for Serie A with these "reinforcements."
Yeah, I have exactly the same feeling. No bond with this team - from the coach to the players. Well, perhaps except a few.

Unwatchable shit without trophies with the highest wage bill in the league. That's quite an achievement.

Buy on AliExpress.com

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
What did you people think a rebuild was going to be? One window, all problems solved and we go back to CL finals and 10 Scudettos in a row?

Reality is aside from Pogba and the RW that will come soon for everything else you have to wait for sales and you also have to wait for other clubs primary targets to fall through to come to us and ask for our garbage.

You want a left-back? Pellegrini and Sandro are there
You want another midfielder? Arthur, Ramsey, Rabiot are there
You want a striker? Kean is there
You want a CB? Rugani and Demiral are there.

And no, it is not as easy as saying "fuck them, just put them in the stands or gift them for nothing".

I know it's sexy to shit on everything and demand everything all at once, but Arrivabene and Cherubini literally have not put a step wrong since they were put in charge. You don't have to make up your minds about everything now, 2 months before the season starts and almost 3 before the window closes.

They reduced the wage bill for over a 100m already, made tough (and correct) decisions on contract renewals so far (yes, even MDS will play almost for free and be 3rd choice on both sides) and all the players they signed were very good signings. Except maybe Kean but even he is still young and at least you won't make a financial loss for any amount he is sold.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I'm just letting you know how I feel. That mercato gets us nowhere. We won't make a dent in Europe and won't challenge for Serie A with these "reinforcements."
Well in Europe we will need more but for Serie A it should be enough.. We have more quality than our rivals despite our shitty results.
Should Pogba and Berardi and Kostic work - Yeah it should be enough..

Europe - We need a LB CB LW/RW another CM (besides Pogba) and maybe a good attacker to challenge Vlahovic or compliment Vlahovic.
All of this and we could compete although we still arent going to be among the leading candidates although we will have an outside chance..

- - - Updated - - -

common logic. they would like to get some money.
Is he that great - I mean we need great players now and not just a good player. Opportunity or not we need to seriously improve the team.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Spending all our time trying to retain Morata whose best position is filled by a 70M player. Amazing logic.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Also, have to keep in mind most of the leaks come out days if not weeks later after they had initially happened.

Neres just signed for Benfica while he was supposedly a target for us.

Most likely he was mentioned by a Juve executive or agent talking to Juve 15 days ago and then it was leaked now to drive up price for Benfica.

Reporters depend on having information leaked to them, not the other way around. Anyone playing fortune teller is not worth listening to

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Also, have to keep in mind most of the leaks come out days if not weeks later after they had initially happened.

Neres just signed for Benfica while he was supposedly a target for us.

Most likely he was mentioned by a Juve executive or agent talking to Juve 15 days ago and then it was leaked now to drive up price for Benfica.

Reporters depend on having information leaked to them, not the other way around. Anyone playing fortune teller is not worth listening to
Exactly, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 59)