Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (287 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Reports that Allegri is very pissed off with our lack of movement in the market so far.

Can’t say I blame him. Pre-season starts in three weeks, the season starts two weeks earlier than normal due to the World Cup in November and we still haven’t had any movement in terms of sales or attempting to rid ourselves of the massive amount of deadweight we have.

I really think this could be a really bad season coming up for us. Just shitty vibes around this club lately, confusion, lack of ideas, lack of funds seemingly. It doesn’t bode well.
Maybe there really is something to him meeting with Campos :sad:

bartemous

Dec 11, 2010
The market has not even opened yet so it is too early to evaluate the mercato. With that said I think we all get the feeling that not enough is happening.
My hunch so far is that we cannot make as many moves as we would hope and frankly need to without sales. The issue is the years of mismanagement as we have built a team with more unmovable and if not unmovable very unattractive assets in terms of Juve book value and player salary demand. The players we have been linked to also highlight this trying to find quality with minimal investment but not long term quality solutions which naturally are more expensive.
To move away from the weak assets we likely talk about years before the transition is complete. Perhaps one could argue that it is better to take the hit quickly and not prolong our suffering get rid of as many players as possible within the same financial period which will entail a loss, try to manage FFP, and then move on from there.
this Ofc is not without risks in terms of squad quality and depth as well as the financial impact. But it might be the quickest course of action

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Relax, signings they've made so far were good. Plenty of time until August

- - - Updated - - -

Alla Juventus fa comodo che si parli mediaticamente sempre di Di Maria perché così può lavorare sotto traccia per altri calciatori.
Agresti: It suits Juventus that media talks about Di Maria all the time because like this they can then work on other players behind the scenes.

He knows more than he lets on. I hope

Last edited:

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Relax, signings they've made so far were good. Plenty of time until August

- - - Updated - - -

Agresti: It suits Juventus that media talks about Di Maria all the time because like this they can then work on other players behind the scenes.

He knows more than he lets on. I hope
Agreed.

So far this early transfer market has seen activity in the form of loans returning/leaving and contracts expiring.

Incoming:
- Federico Chiesa - 40m

Returning:
- Merih Demiral, on loan at Atalanta (Serie A)
- Rolando Mandragora. on loan at Torino (Serie A)
- Nicolo Rovella, on loan at Genoa (Serie A0
- Nicolo Fagioli, on loan at Cremonese (Serie B)
- Federico Gatti, on loan at Frosinone (Serie B)
- Mohamed Ihattaren, on loan at Ajax (Eredivisie)
- Marko Pjaca, on loan at Torino (Serie A)
- Radu Dragusin, on loan at Salernitana (Serie A)
- Gianluca Frabotta, on loan at Hellas Verona (Serie A)
- Stefano Gori, on loan at Como (Serie B)

Outgoing:
- Douglas Costa, contract expired
- Giorgio Chiellini, contract expired
- Paulo Dybala, contract expired
- Federico Bernardeschi, contract expired
- Alvaro Morata, loan ended

You'd have to think Ihattaren won't be actually returning and will be sold very cheap. Gatti, Fagioli, Rovella, and maybe Frabotta will be fighting for a position on the squad. Demiral, Mandragora, Pjaca, Dragusin, and Gori will be sold. And look at the cleaning of the wage bill. Nearly 40m net wages.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Dragusin is going on loan mate. Ranocchia is also coming back. Frabotta is no even in U23 plans as that guy is useless. He is gonna be sold!
Could be a loan with an obligation or option on Dragusin. Hard to say. I think some within management have already decided he won't be Juve material. He wasn't exactly impressive out on loan.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
I'd rather much take the stealth route and not be an open book about interests in players. Moggi was the best at this, smokescreens all over the place to lure the players we actually wanted. I thought the vlahovic transfer was very much like this, even though it was known we were after a CF, we all thought scamacca or the like would join meanwhile overnight it is a vlahovic done deal. Very much to everyone's surprise.

I can only praise what this current management have done so far...vlahovic and zakaria were good transfers. Dybala and bernadeschi not renewed were the right decisions. Until other confirmed deals or business comes through, we can't be shit canning these guys.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
It’s only mid June and I’m already exhausted reading reports from journos about how the next days, hours, weekends are critical.

Critical to getting retweets and site visits for clicks for ad revenue

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Kostic and Zaniolo - I am ok with that. Fuck Retardi, the overrated Italian Jabroni. Chiesa is a definite starter when he comes back, and Cuads can also be deployed as a winger. I'd like Gabriel Jesus, but we probably aren't going for him.

Forget about any of the Bundesliga or Ligue 1 talents, unless they are on expiring contracts (2023) or aging.

Udogie and Molina for LB and RB respectively, and that would be an almost ideal Mercato. If only we could somehow get SMS.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Udogies buyout price is reported to be €20m.
Molinas buyout price is reported to be €30m.
Since we are chasing both..
Offer €40m + a player (Mandragora, Frabotta, Dragusin, Pjaca etc) should do it.

If done, it will be early in the market: Udinese will need time to reinvest..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 268)