Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Two torn ACLs... With our injury record he will be lucky to play 5 games a season..

- - - Updated - - -

Juventus are already working with the entourage of Kessie to attempt a free transfer in the summer.(Corsport)
Kessie is a good player but with his demands it seems way unlikely.
Pogba could come back for his wages due to tax. Im not sure about Pogba`s willing to cut his wages like that though..

Buy on AliExpress.com

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I'm with you but after getting vlahovic sms don't seem so unrealistic. Also im down with blowing our load on him and play 3-5-2.
we always bought players from fiorentina, but i think lotito gonna lotito, whatever happens. unless sms really pushes for a move, i just don't see it happening. that's our only chance. money shouldn't be an issue, he's worth a big investment.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
we always bought players from fiorentina, but i think lotito gonna lotito, whatever happens. unless sms really pushes for a move, i just don't see it happening. that's our only chance. money shouldn't be an issue, he's worth a big investment.
Yeah that's what i was alluding to, maybe he likes living in italy and his buddy dusan sells the move.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I'd rather pay up for SMS than give like €20m to the fat man just to bring in the underperforming Dabho on inflated wages.
I think many members will be pissed because I think Lazio will not only milk us but they will ask and get some of our boys like Fagioli too. They would get the best out of it surely.

But I think Sergej would be simply brilliant here.

Jun 16, 2020
We have to wait and understand what Zakaria will bring us, but I could see us going for Jorginho as we could use a world class regista. I think he would serve us more than SMS.

Zaniolo remains a very interesting player, for the right price I’d sign him. We could field Chiesa - Vlahovic - Zaniolo as attack, I think everyone would love that.

Media has been saying that we’ll get a big signing for the midfield next summer, so let’s see. Might be De Jong aswel.

I wouldn’t say no to SMS but I’m not so keen on him. I think I prefer Jorginho to de Jong and Pogba to SMS, depending on the prices obviously.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
I don’t know how well these new players will perform but it must be said this was probably the biggest turnaround in the club’s history. We were in the shit and nobody expected us to get rid of the dead wood and sign actual promising players.

This management been a mess for the longest time but hats off to them for this mercato.

michel

Mar 25, 2010
I was thinking he was turning 28 in a month, but he turns 27. Which isn’t so bad. But I’ll stick with what I said earlier. We have a surplus of young very talented CMs on our books. I hope we attempt to develop them and see what we have there, spend wisely on a good outside opportunity if it arises, but focus our big spending on positions where our B team and loaned out players are lacking.

- - - Updated - - -

No one is saying don’t sign him if he becomes available for a decent fee. If he becomes a good opportunity, sign him, certainly. But I’d rather not blow our entire budget on him which is obviously what Lotito would ask to sell him, when we have so many positions of need, and we have so many talented, high-potential young mids on our books.
This approach has obviously worked wonderfully for Barca over the past 2 seasons. Fielding their extraordinary youngsters and struggling to get 4th place. I wouldn't want to replicate this here.

There is no way that either Rovella or Fagioli can carry our midfield and be starters for Juventus with as little experience as they have. And also there is no way Max is fielding them on a regular basis either. If you think this is happening you're simply deluding yourself.

Of course I would rather field them than for example Rabiot, but this isn't happening. And if we can buy Pogba/FDJ/SMS type of midfielder I would definitely go for it, our financials permitting.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Zanioli is literally a tank of a player. When he pushes the ball forward there's no way to stop him.

Sure, I do fear for his injury. However, plenty of Roma players returned to their normal after tearing ACL, hopefully Zaniolo is one of them. Signing him (putting injuries aside) would be one of the best transfers in the world surely and I think we have a high chance since he's Italian and it's Serie A).

Thinking of Chiesa - Vlahovic - Zaniolo trio is nothing but a fap fest.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Zanioli is literally a tank of a player. When he pushes the ball forward there's no way to stop him.

Sure, I do fear for his injury. However, plenty of Roma players returned to their normal after tearing ACL, hopefully Zaniolo is one of them. Signing him (putting injuries aside) would be one of the best transfers in the world surely and I think we have a high chance since he's Italian and it's Serie A).

A tank with literally two broken knees that is.

Can't just "put injuries aside" when signing such a player.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Zaniolo is a MUST SIGNING.

Come at me you scared cats. The kid is a rare monstrous talent of technique and physique. There's risk for injury for sure, but can happen to anyone, and plenty of players who had ACL injuries who had fine careers after.

Seeing him now for Roma, it doesn't seem like it effected his explosiveness and physical playstyle.

If roma are foolish enough to consider selling him to us, sign before they regret it. Can play CM, AM, SS and RW. Him with Chiesa, Vlahovic, Dybala would be fun. Be the player we hoped Kulusevski would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)