Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
as things stand we would lose 2 strikers (morata, dybala), have cuadrado, mds, perin and berna, we have zero great lb's, and we'd also need a lw, at least as a backup. also, sms is not happening, lotito would rather shoot him than sell him to agnelli. i also think that de ligt might leave.

rovella, fagioli, lb, lw, cf/ss, cm, bremer, backup goalie, rabiot out, sandro out, and we're talking.
Lol. That's a fine wishlist but you don't actually expect us to do all that in one mercato, right?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Our team is likely going to be young and lacking established players through the transition… but we aren’t wealthy like PSG, ManCity, ManU, etc. Look at the teams who are spending in a more similar style to us? Last couple years Madrid, Chelsea, Liverpool, and others such. They built their teams by being patient with those young, not yet fully established players. We have a few older leaders, like Bonucci, Chiellini, Danilo, etc. Dybala perhaps. Even Locatelli and Chiesa gonna be mid-20s next year. Perhaps that’s just what we need. Although Tuz may need to be patient through a couple years as they get more established at the top level.
We need to get back to winning ways in Serie A. The whole point of this mercato is just that.

We are in transition since last year. Now is the time to up the ante and seriously upgrade the midfield.

Rovella's and Fagioli's aren't going to cut it at this point.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
as things stand we would lose 2 strikers (morata, dybala), have cuadrado, mds, perin and berna, we have zero great lb's, and we'd also need a lw, at least as a backup. also, sms is not happening, lotito would rather shoot him than sell him to agnelli. i also think that de ligt might leave.

rovella, fagioli, lb, lw, cf/ss, cm, bremer, backup goalie, rabiot out, sandro out, and we're talking.
We will renew most of those contracts in February imo. Maybe only Perin will leave and Dybala remains to be seen.

Fagioli will stay on loan, we won’t sign a left winger and we won’t be getting Bremer either. NFI why people think Torino will sell him to us after we fucked them over with the Gatti deal.

I think we’ll look to offload Sandro and Arthur and sign direct replacements for them. Maybe a vice-Vlahovic when Morata leaves.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
- Get Udogie
- Get SMS/De Jong/Jorginho
- Call back Rovella
- Sell AS, Rabiot, Morata, maybe Arthur
- Renew Dybala, Cuad, MdS, Berna, Perin
- Keep MdL

11/10

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
We need to get back to winning ways in Serie A. The whole point of this mercato is just that.

We are in transition since last year. Now is the time to up the ante and seriously upgrade the midfield.

Rovella's and Fagioli's aren't going to cut it at this point.
We won’t know that until we see them in our team. Fagioli is the best CM in Serie B this year according to @DanielSz Marco Verratti ring any bells? Rovella is one of the best U-21 mids in Serie A this year. Ya know, like Barella a few years ago before his Inter move.

We don’t have endless cash to spend. We have a ton of needs. CM, LB, another winger, CB if De Ligt leaves, etc.

Of course we should get back to winning ways as soon as possible, but I’d rather see us go the route of developing the extremely talented young players we have in our B team or out on the loan, than get into another Tootsie style shit galactico attempt.

We’re not that far off winning Serie A again, with Vlahovic in, Chiesa back from injury in 8 months. I’d rather we develop our young players in the positions we have extremely high potential young players, and spend our money in the areas we don’t. Like we did with Vlahovic. And hopefully a LB next.

If we can sign a good starting XI CM for a decent fee on decent wages, great, but I’d rather we weren’t giving a 29 year old Pogba 12-15 mil net/year or spending 80 mil on a 28 year old SMS. The stars of the team we are building are all under 25, Vlahovic, Chiesa, Locatelli, De Ligt if he stays. We have long term sustainable success if we build a young team around them and spend more wisely on older players.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
We won’t know that until we see them in our team. Fagioli is the best CM in Serie B this year according to @DanielSz Marco Verratti ring any bells? Rovella is one of the best U-21 mids in Serie A this year. Ya know, like Barella a few years ago before his Inter move.

We don’t have endless cash to spend. We have a ton of needs. CM, LB, another winger, CB if De Ligt leaves, etc.

Of course we should get back to winning ways as soon as possible, but I’d rather see us go the route of developing the extremely talented young players we have in our B team or out on the loan, than get into another Tootsie style shit galactico attempt.

We’re not that far off winning Serie A again, with Vlahovic in, Chiesa back from injury in 8 months. I’d rather we develop our young players in the positions we have extremely high potential young players, and spend our money in the areas we don’t. Like we did with Vlahovic. And hopefully a LB next.

If we can sign a good starting XI CM for a decent fee on decent wages, great, but I’d rather we weren’t giving a 29 year old Pogba 12-15 mil net/year or spending 80 mil on a 28 year old SMS. The stars of the team we are building are all under 25, Vlahovic, Chiesa, Locatelli, De Ligt if he stays. We have long term sustainable success if we build a young team around them and spend more wisely on older players.
Which SMS is 28?

Agreed on the big picture btw.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Which SMS is 28?

Agreed on the big picture btw.
I was thinking he was turning 28 in a month, but he turns 27. Which isn’t so bad. But I’ll stick with what I said earlier. We have a surplus of young very talented CMs on our books. I hope we attempt to develop them and see what we have there, spend wisely on a good outside opportunity if it arises, but focus our big spending on positions where our B team and loaned out players are lacking.

- - - Updated - - -

SMS is at 15 G/A in the league and we still have half a season to go. Yeah, please, let’s not sign him if we get the chance lol, some people here…
No one is saying don’t sign him if he becomes available for a decent fee. If he becomes a good opportunity, sign him, certainly. But I’d rather not blow our entire budget on him which is obviously what Lotito would ask to sell him, when we have so many positions of need, and we have so many talented, high-potential young mids on our books.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
Our team is likely going to be young and lacking established players through the transition… but we aren’t wealthy like PSG, ManCity, ManU, etc. Look at the teams who are spending in a more similar style to us? Last couple years Madrid, Chelsea, Liverpool, and others such. They built their teams by being patient with those young, not yet fully established players. We have a few older leaders, like Bonucci, Chiellini, Danilo, etc. Dybala perhaps. Even Locatelli and Chiesa gonna be mid-20s next year. Perhaps that’s just what we need. Although Tuz may need to be patient through a couple years as they get more established at the top level.
I think there’s a focus on younger players, they’re building a new core. That’s why I don’t believe they’re actually serious about someone like Pogba. Also not sure what kind of budget/wage bill they plan to have, established players aren’t cheap. Not like Gravenberch will be cheap, but his wages shouldn’t be an issue at all.

Edit: Gravenberch’s contract ends after next season? Sounds like another :mauri2: operation
We can go young for opportunities but for more established players. Tielemans for instance is 24 and his contract expires in 2023 as well.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Rabiot, Arthur, Sandro, Morata, De Sciglio, Berna out

Renew Perin, Dybala and Cuadrado

Rovella, Fagioli back

Udogie, Bremer, Mazraoui, Zaniolo in (don't see how we spend more than we spent this winter here)

Woj
Danilo-Bremer-De Ligt-Udogie
Zakaria-Locatelli
Zaniolo-Dybala-Chiesa
Vlahović

Perin
Rugani-Bonucci-Chiellini
Mazraoui-McKennie-Rovella-Fagioli-Pellegrini
Kaio-Kean​

The sheer power and speed of that starting 11 would be something I've never seen at Juve.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Lol. That's a fine wishlist but you don't actually expect us to do all that in one mercato, right?
context again. guy said sms, rovella and fagioli is a 10/10 mercato for him. sms is completely unrealistic, we own the other 2, and his scenario won't address obvious issues. how is it a 10/10?

mine is also very hard to complete obviously, but that would be a 10/10 for me. i'm usually happy with a 6/10 which means we didn't get weaker.

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
Bring Rovella in: get rid of Rabiot if possible.

Alex Sandro has to be replaced: this should be done by looking at the best domestic/serie A solution, no need to spend crazy money.

Dybala situation has to be solved: either give him a final contract offer or start to look for replacements (raspadori has been mentioned)

De Ligt: cash in if crazy offers starts arriving.

other than that id say an elite mid would be great: SMS is a pipedream atm but you never know. Wouldnt hate Jorginho here either tbh

Leendiz

Feb 14, 2018
Rabiot, Arthur, Sandro, Morata, De Sciglio, Berna out

Renew Perin, Dybala and Cuadrado

Rovella, Fagioli back

Udogie, Bremer, Mazraoui, Zaniolo in (don't see how we spend more than we spent this winter here)

Woj
Danilo-Bremer-De Ligt-Udogie
Zakaria-Locatelli
Zaniolo-Dybala-Chiesa
Vlahović

Perin
Rugani-Bonucci-Chiellini
Mazraoui-McKennie-Rovella-Fagioli-Pellegrini
Kaio-Kean​

The sheer power and speed of that starting 11 would be something I've never seen at Juve.
Zaniolo ain't the player he was before is injuries I wouldn't waste my time on him he would basically replace Ramsey in the medical room

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
context again. guy said sms, rovella and fagioli is a 10/10 mercato for him. sms is completely unrealistic, we own the other 2, and his scenario won't address obvious issues. how is it a 10/10?

mine is also very hard to complete obviously, but that would be a 10/10 for me. i'm usually happy with a 6/10 which means we didn't get weaker.
I'm with you but after getting vlahovic sms don't seem so unrealistic. Also im down with blowing our load on him and play 3-5-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)