Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (71 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
There's no room for him here with Vlahovic
You have no idea what you're talking about. They don't even play the same position. Jesus is as eclectic as they come.

Weird that this forum thinks players like Jesus and Rudiger are trash but then think of Zaniolo as some demigod level football talent.

The only concern with Jesus would be his past injury history but I have no doubts that he would be a fine addition to this team.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I'd love that too, but it's unrealistic.

Give me your realistic lineup.
I don't really know what's realistic. Do we have money to splash on a winger in addition to a CM?

I welcome Di Maria as an option if we're being cheap. Otherwise, I don't really know.

And Chiesa is out til 2023 I guess so...

Without Chiesa:
Di Maria-Vlahovic-Cuads

With Chiesa:
Di Maria-Vlahovic-Chiesa

With Rusty as backup?

- - - Updated - - -

You have no idea what you're talking about. They don't even play the same position. Jesus is as eclectic as they come.

Weird that this forum thinks players like Jesus and Rudiger are trash but then think of Zaniolo as some demigod level football talent.

The only concern with Jesus would be his past injury history but I have no doubts that he would be a fine addition to this team.
I don't think Rudiger is trash and don't want Zaniolo so not sure how that relates to my post.

Is Jesus a winger? How would he fit?

- - - Updated - - -

Pick one:
1. Son and Pogba
2. Sergej and Di Maria
First one easily

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
It kind of really is. Does he bring that much to the squad for such wages?
it really isn’t though when you consider there’s no transfer fee. Where else are you gonna find that kind of quality for around 10M? (I’m including the agent fee)

It would allow them to splurge on someone like SMS while still filling other holes . The short term investment also means Soule can go play regularly somewhere else and still have a spot to come back to in a year.

- - - Updated - - -

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Inshallah next month Newcastle will come in for her.

Freeze her out if she refuses to leave.

- - - Updated - - -

Pick one:
1. Son and Pogba
2. Sergej and Di Maria
Option 2 for me. Pogba has been a passenger for too long - he can fuck off to Paris.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't really know what's realistic. Do we have money to splash on a winger in addition to a CM?

I welcome Di Maria as an option if we're being cheap. Otherwise, I don't really know.

And Chiesa is out til 2023 I guess so...

Without Chiesa:
Di Maria-Vlahovic-Cuads

With Chiesa:
Di Maria-Vlahovic-Chiesa

With Rusty as backup?
What about your midfield? :numnum: :b81:

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
it really isn’t though when you consider there’s no transfer fee. Where else are you gonna find that kind of quality for around 10M? (I’m including the agent fee)

It would allow them to splurge on someone like SMS while still filling other holes . The short term investment also means Soule can go play regularly somewhere else and still have a spot to come back to in a year.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the idea of him as a stopgap at 7m wages is expensive considering his age, possibilities of injury, and other risks involved. He probably is the best option for a short-term stopgap available to us but damn does it feel like a waste of 7m wages on our books.

But I agree it probably holds us down for one year to not have to spend money to plug a hole this summer and lets us kick that can down the road to 2023. I'm just one of those people who would prefer to save money on wages rather than get a 34 year old.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I'm just one of those people who would prefer to save money on wages rather than get a 34 year old.
Di Maria isn’t my preference either but I wouldn’t complain if it happened, especially if it’s only for one year. We’re gonna need to acquire multiple attackers this mercato. Raspadori will cost what? 30M? I’m pretty confident that will get done. If they wanted Zaniolo that would be another 30M minimum on top of that. I’d rather just get a short term fix like di Maria and focus on guys like SMS/Pogba

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
SMS-Loca-Zakaria I guess.

A gut feeling has me skeptical on SMS but I suppose he's the best we can aim for right now.

And you?
My midfield would look exactly like yours, with Rovella, Fagioli and McNuggets on the bench. I'd target Fratessi for 2023 and bring back Miretti after his loan spell. I don't think that's going to happen though because we're going to be stuck with either the Malignant Malaise from Saint Maurice or the Sideways Passing Merchant of Goiania.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I feel that he won't throw himself into every challenge as his commitment won't go beyond a season and his true focus will be on being fit and ready for the World Cup.

We need someone that's going to play their ass off to bring us trophies and he doesn't seem to have that motivation.

The comparison to Ramsey is only the fact that he prioritises International football over his club not comparing characteristics or injury record.
Someone who's thriving for to pform plays their ass off. I find it a very strange reasoning on my part. I also see the 1 year thing as a positive. Wouldn't want to sign an oldie like him on a much longer deal. But we need stopgaps because our budget is limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)