Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (55 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Sounds like a very strange narrative... The guy wants to be in top shape coming season... Hence why he's a great option.

There's nothing that connects Di Maria and Ramsey, nothing.
I feel that he won't throw himself into every challenge as his commitment won't go beyond a season and his true focus will be on being fit and ready for the World Cup.

We need someone that's going to play their ass off to bring us trophies and he doesn't seem to have that motivation.

The comparison to Ramsey is only the fact that he prioritises International football over his club not comparing characteristics or injury record.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
I feel that he won't throw himself into every challenge as his commitment won't go beyond a season and his true focus will be on being fit and ready for the World Cup.

We need someone that's going to play their ass off to bring us trophies and he doesn't seem to have that motivation.

The comparison to Ramsey is only the fact that he prioritises International football over his club not comparing characteristics or injury record.
No worries here bro, he is a player who would dive into any challenge anyway. And we can't really compare Wales to Argentine. Di maria who is not playing for his club or will play badly is probably not called up for NT, while Ramsey is seen as NT saviour.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
We discovered Coman/Romero/Kulusevski/Demiral for others to enjoy them and we're linked again with 'experienced' high wage, low sale value players again as if Ramsey was the only mistake. We need a management shakeup.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
We should try for Jesus and Muhammed Salah.
Both would be great but first we need a CM Pogba/SMS and then we can talk about other areas of the team but I doubt we could afford Salah while G.J will probably go to the team that offers him the most (probably EPL)

I`d take Di Maria as a short term solution as you cant buy the whole world in one season...

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
We discovered Coman/Romero/Kulusevski/Demiral for others to enjoy them and we're linked again with 'experienced' high wage, low sale value players again as if Ramsey was the only mistake. We need a management shakeup.
Coman we wanted him to stay but he wanted to leave
Romero is a miss
Kulu is great and I said it even while everyone were bashing him for his performance - He is a very good player with vision but he has two problems which are one footed and his speed.
He just didnt fit to our tactics.
Demiral - He seems like a very good defender but then he makes a mistake that changes his whole rating. I didnt notice any special growth.
Ramsey could have performed better when fit but he needs to be a player to complete the team rather than count on him (This is the only way I can explain his serious drop of quality from Arsenal to Juve).
In hindsight I`d say Ramsey was a terrible signing but it is also because he needs better players so he can just link it up with them. In any case Ramsey is a flop.

- - - Updated - - -

Gabriel Jesus is great now? I swear you guys rate players based on their FIFA ratings
I have no idea about Fifa ratings as it has been years since I last played it. G.J is a very good player. Great doesnt mean best or one of the best in his positions but he would improve us as he has some very good characteristics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)