Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (33 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Mbappe is 21, five years Dybala's junior, so we wouldn't be trading away our future, but building for it.

Messi is 33, and on the decline imho. I also don't think Messi is the GOAT or should even be in the GOAT discussion (kinda how I feel about Lebron). He's a toxic player, a tax evading garden gnome cunt who has consistently failed to deliver for Argentina (0 goals in WC knockout games for Argentina). I don't want Messi, and I don't think both he and Ronaldo can co-exist (possibly the two biggest egos in the game; Messi may affect this aura of humility, but deep down inside he's all about cementing his legacy).

So, to answer your question, it's a FUCK NO. We don't need to sell Dybala to fund Aouar, and we don't need Messi here.

Also, if Messi were to join (less than 3% of that happening - thank fuck for that), we will not win the CL, even with both GOATs of their generation here.

- - - Updated - - -

FC Paleontus

OR

AS Fossilentus

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. Messi has been epic in the CL since 2016.

Humbled by Roma, Liverpool, and more recently that absolute hiding by a YOUNG and HUNGRY Bayern side.

- - - Updated - - -

So, say we go for Chiesa (who's incredibly overrated here) or Boga and splash 40-50 million. What do we do about the FUCKING midfield? No money, AGAIN, and our midfield is STILL nowhere near good enough. Get Aouar first. That should be the priority. Not the tax evading garden gnome cunt. Not another winger. Not a RB. Oh, and get rid of all the garbage that's starting to stink.

- - - Updated - - -

Not Much Perfect @ all. Where is this season's MVP? Muppet level - I'm sorry.

I want to see our attacking options in 2022 featuring Haaland, Dybala, Zaniolo and Kulu. I don't think it's impossible.
Exactly and I do think Messi is the best football player today and maybe even all time since Im pretty sure Maradona was using drugs and if you want to compare the WC wins - Maradona won it with his hand not some of tight offside call or something like that..
Pele played in Brazil in a different era so too tough to compare.
Ronaldo (Brazilian) would have been the best should he not got that injury...

Back to topic - Even if I rate Messi as the goat - He is way too old to sacrifice someone like Dybala who can win the golden ball in a few years.
Mbappe is a different scenario as Mbappe is also a golden ball winner in a few years and is even younger than Dybala.

I definitely agree with your thinking and we shouldnt just throw our future for a chance to win a CL and then almost immediately we would have to rebuild.

My dream for our future Juventus consist of Dybala Mbappe Haaland and Kulusevski (who just joined but really impressed me at Parma).

and another thing that is pretty funny - Selling the season MVP even when we had a terrible year is just bad business!

Messi in addition to Dybala would be nice but then again it would probably cost us a midfielder who I believe we would be signing (identity unknown for now)

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009

- - - Updated - - -
Well, that was quite obvious. We even ditched the stripes on our shirts last year because we didn't want to be associated with Foot Locker employees while making brand for ourselves in the US.

I think we're just a stonesthrow away from doing a cringy campaign: Jj - Black & White Lives Matters

Last edited:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Why would you replace an old over the hill Higuaín with an old over the hill suarez/Dzeko?

Thats not really helping you on the long term
Agree, unless the plan is to use a cheap forward for a season and then get a top forward using Dzeko for one more season as a rotation player.
I must hope that this is the plan otherwise it doesnt make sense.
I think we will sooner or later try for Haaland so maybe this is the reason..

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
The competition for Haaland will be insane

Bayern would need to replace Lewa in a couple of years probably

Madrid would need to replace Benzema as well

You will always have the EPL teams lurking around. Especially him being Norwegian would mean fans/pundits/media would try their best to push him to the PL.

Raiola is our only trump card but I'm not sure if that will be enough in 1-2 years time.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
The competition for Haaland will be insane

Bayern would need to replace Lewa in a couple of years probably

Madrid would need to replace Benzema as well

You will always have the EPL teams lurking around. Especially him being Norwegian would mean fans/pundits/media would try their best to push him to the PL.

Raiola is our only trump card but I'm not sure if that will be enough in 1-2 years time.
I don't get these haaland fantasies. Dortmund will command an insane fee and Bayern/Real are more attractive than us, so if they are in it, they'll get him. Raiola is a cash cow and will only follow the money. We've missed our boat, time to move on.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
I don't get these haaland fantasies. Dortmund will command an insane fee and Bayern/Real are more attractive than us, so if they are in it, they'll get him. Raiola is a cash cow and will only follow the money. We've missed our boat, time to move on.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
According to reports he has release clause 75m € , transfer fee ain't the problem .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Exactly and I do think Messi is the best football player today and maybe even all time since Im pretty sure Maradona was using drugs and if you want to compare the WC wins - Maradona won it with his hand not some of tight offside call or something like that..
Pele played in Brazil in a different era so too tough to compare.
Ronaldo (Brazilian) would have been the best should he not got that injury...

Back to topic - Even if I rate Messi as the goat - He is way too old to sacrifice someone like Dybala who can win the golden ball in a few years.
Mbappe is a different scenario as Mbappe is also a golden ball winner in a few years and is even younger than Dybala.

I definitely agree with your thinking and we shouldnt just throw our future for a chance to win a CL and then almost immediately we would have to rebuild.

My dream for our future Juventus consist of Dybala Mbappe Haaland and Kulusevski (who just joined but really impressed me at Parma).

and another thing that is pretty funny - Selling the season MVP even when we had a terrible year is just bad business!

Messi in addition to Dybala would be nice but then again it would probably cost us a midfielder who I believe we would be signing (identity unknown for now)
:rolleyes:

Sashazulu

Jan 19, 2017
My idea is that we will start with 4 in the back, because we are buying a lot of midfielders . We should have Bentancur, Arthur, Rabiot, Mc Kennie, and at least one more
Locatelli or Aouar or the 2. maybe Ramsey stays, and we are looking for a right back . To me we will play 4 in the back 3 middle and 3 front could be. 4-3-3 , 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-1-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)