Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (220 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Why would you replace an old over the hill Higuaín with an old over the hill suarez/Dzeko?

Thats not really helping you on the long term
They are very different players, but what I fail to understand is why is Pirlo saying that he expects the Juve players to put pressure on opponents and get the ball back right after losing possession. How does he expect an attack of Ronaldo, Dybala and Dzeko to play high press?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
They are very different players, but what I fail to understand is why is Pirlo saying that he expects the Juve players to put pressure on opponents and get the ball back right after losing possession. How does he expect an attack of Ronaldo, Dybala and Dzeko to play high press?
I guess that's why all the talks about 343 are here. CR-Dybala-Dzeko won't press wide.

Mar 3, 2014
Inter have reportedly put Christian Eriksen on the market just eight months after his arrival from Tottenham Hotspur https://t.co/dlGnZHs5JO #FCIM #THFC #SerieA https://t.co/r92jjHfKT0
He was a terrible fit. Has anyone ever seen Conte play a formation with a #10? Imagine being a modern manager who prefers to not play with wingers nor a number 10. He had to at Chelsea with Hazard but clearly prefers a front 2. Eriksen should run as fast as he can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 3, 2014
La Liga are desperate for Messi to stay in Spain.
They know they’re done without them. La liga avoided Serie A’s fate because of those two in part (and calciopoli) but Spain was hard hit by euro financial crisis...without Messi and Ronaldo and a growing EPL, la liga is in trouble. And reality is going to hit them hard. La liga has had the same stadium attendance problems as Serie A.

The main difference was this:
-Calciopoli vs govt protection and tax code
-Fortune of 2 generational talents emerging at the same time
-generational talent of Spanish players coinciding with a drought of talent in Italy.

But Spanish talent has dried up compared to 2010...no Messi or Ronaldo, more competition, covid impact, no tax protection...La Liga is in trouble.

Jul 3, 2020
Exactly and I do think Messi is the best football player today and maybe even all time since Im pretty sure Maradona was using drugs and if you want to compare the WC wins - Maradona won it with his hand not some of tight offside call or something like that..
Pele played in Brazil in a different era so too tough to compare.
Ronaldo (Brazilian) would have been the best should he not got that injury...

Back to topic - Even if I rate Messi as the goat - He is way too old to sacrifice someone like Dybala who can win the golden ball in a few years.
Mbappe is a different scenario as Mbappe is also a golden ball winner in a few years and is even younger than Dybala.

I definitely agree with your thinking and we shouldnt just throw our future for a chance to win a CL and then almost immediately we would have to rebuild.

My dream for our future Juventus consist of Dybala Mbappe Haaland and Kulusevski (who just joined but really impressed me at Parma).

and another thing that is pretty funny - Selling the season MVP even when we had a terrible year is just bad business!

Messi in addition to Dybala would be nice but then again it would probably cost us a midfielder who I believe we would be signing (identity unknown for now)
Do you not remember the goal maradona scored 5 minutes after the hand of god? Best goal in WC history?The game ended 2 nil.
I love how the English media can’t get over the hand ball but in reality they had zero chance to win that game. A horrid English side that WC.

Everyone knows Dybala wasn’t really the serie a mvp this season. It’s ok

Jun 16, 2020
He was a terrible fit. Has anyone ever seen Conte play a formation with a #10? Imagine being a modern manager who prefers to not play with wingers nor a number 10. He had to at Chelsea with Hazard but clearly prefers a front 2. Eriksen should run as fast as he can.

It’s really Conte’s mistake imo. Who the hell chooses Gagliardini over Eriksen, while playing with 3 defenders and D’Ambrisio with Young as wingbacks.

Mar 3, 2014
It’s really Conte’s mistake imo. Who the hell chooses Gagliardini over Eriksen, while playing with 3 defenders and D’Ambrisio with Young as wingbacks.
Of course it is but owners should know who the manager is. He’s so inflexible. Allegri is 10x the coach he is. He never complained. He would change formations depending on where deficiencies were...like when he did that hybrid Cuadrado/Barzagli right back solution. All Allegri did was take what was given to him and win...despite increasingly poor moves from management. Conte got an insane amount of investment. Yet he still complains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 205)