Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (37 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
The fact that you have no problem bringing in a 34 year old Dzeko who makes just slightly less than a 27 year old Morata. The same Morata that Pirlo knows about firsthand. The same Morata that has a history with this club despite only being here for 2 seasons.

But you mention bloated salaries. If Morata's salary is bloated at 27, then how do you explain Dzeko?
Didn't I already agree with you that if Dzeko came he shouldn't make a huge salary?

Dzeko has a lot more goals to his name than Morata and that's what you would get for the short term from him. That's the point Zizinho and I are making. If its a cheap buy and less in salary its a solid fix until a younger more prolific option comes available.

Forget about the history Morata has at Juventus. Would you say he has done enough at A.M. or Chelsea to make a 10m salary?

Buy on AliExpress.com
May 26, 2016
Didn't I already agree with you that if Dzeko came he shouldn't make a huge salary?

Dzeko has a lot more goals to his name than Morata and that's what you would get for the short term from him. That's the point Zizinho and I are making. If its a cheap buy and less in salary its a solid fix until a younger more prolific option comes available.

Forget about the history Morata has at Juventus. Would you say he has done enough at A.M. or Chelsea to make a 10m salary?
its a desperate fix, at least admit that

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
its a desperate fix, at least admit that
I haven't denied it, have I?

We are forcing Higuain out. So yeah, on a short transfer window its a panic fix. But I don't think Milik or a 10m Morata or a 9m Dzeko is smart unless they bring the wages down. I don't want Milik either but we might not have many options.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

To have Dzeko for at least 2 more years is not short term. He will be 36 by the end of his current contract, and if he does come here, his new contract will likely be for longer than 2 years. So let's not forget that. You never see a player get transferred with the same exact contract that he already came with.

Another thing to consider. Morata at 10 million, assuming that he wouldn't lower his salary, with the tax laws in place, could be financially much more advantageous to us than Dzeko at the 9.2 million or whatever contract he agrees to.

May 26, 2016
I haven't denied it, have I?

We are forcing Higuain out. So yeah, on a short transfer window its a panic fix. But I don't think Milik or a 10m Morata or a 9m Dzeko is smart unless they bring the wages down. I don't want Milik either but we might not have many options.
fair enough. I just feel there surely must be a somewhat more exciting player out there for us to target than the ones listed above. Someone promising.

None of the names mentioned in the striker position here that we have been linked to gives any excitement at all. Its really desperate stuff.

Last edited:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
fair enough. I just feel there surely must be a somewhat more exciting player out there for us to target than the ones listed above. Someone promising.

None of the names mentioned here that we have been linked to gives any feels like that.
I think Mark might be right. We are looking for a fix long enough until we can activate Haaland's release clause.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
And @Hustini, I'm going to be honest here. His time at Chelsea was fucking dreadful. There are no two ways about it. The bigger question is why the hell did RM sell him after he scored 20 goals for them in all competitions as a part time player at the age of 24? 2nd most goals scored on a CL winning team. THAT made no sense at all.

May 26, 2016
I think Mark might be right. We are looking for a fix long enough until we can activate Haaland's release clause.
If thats the plan, its a highly risky one. The European Elite is drooling over that kid, and we all know that our financial ballsack stands little chance when measured up against those guys.

Hopefully he loves Cr7 or Dybala or some stuff like that

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Then we are banking on something that is totally out of our control. What if Dortmund sell him for far greater than that, prior to his release clause? What if we activate it, and he doesn't want to be here? That is a lot of variables to consider.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
If thats the plan, its a highly risky one. The European Elite is drooling over that kid, and we all know that our financial ballsack stands little chance when measured up against those guys.

Hopefully he loves Cr7 or Dybala or some stuff like that
No doubt about the risk. I'm wondering if we have our eyes on some younger South American talents or something and maybe too young to bring them. that would be nice

- - - Updated - - -

Then we are banking on something that is totally out of our control. What if Dortmund sell him for far greater than that, prior to his release clause? What if we activate it, and he doesn't want to be here? That is a lot of variables to consider.
I know. I don't disagree. I'm going by what Mark is saying even if he is full of it sometimes :p

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
This is not a given that we get Haaland. We are speaking purely hypotheticals here. It's not good to bet on something we arent entirely sure that it is going to transpire in the future.
Remember back in the day when Diego's sale to Wolfsburg 'guaranteed' Dzeko? Look how that turned out.

May 26, 2016
No doubt about the risk. I'm wondering if we have our eyes on some younger South American talents or something and maybe too young to bring them. that would be nice
yep i think we need to take a chance at some point. Would be nice if our scouts could actually find a hidden gem for once. Cant remember the last time that happened.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
yep i think we need to take a chance at some point. Would be nice if our scouts could actually find a hidden gem for once. Cant remember the last time that happened.
I think anything we do with a striker is going to carry a high amount of risk. If we go for MIlik they will over price plus he hurt both his knees so there is that risk. Then we go with Dzeko and his age carries risk. Then we go with Morata and he seems to be the most "stable" if we can get him to bring his wages down.

I wouldn't mind Zapata. A bit older, but a solid player without any major recent injuries to worry about.

May 26, 2016
I think anything we do with a striker is going to carry a high amount of risk. If we go for MIlik they will over price plus he hurt both his knees so there is that risk. Then we go with Dzeko and his age carries risk. Then we go with Morata and he seems to be the most "stable" if we can get him to bring his wages down.

I wouldn't mind Zapata. A bit older, but a solid player without any major recent injuries to worry about.
I dont know man, none of those names gives me any chill tbh. But i guess your right, its a risk regardless of what we do. Really wish we wouldnt be in this situation but it is what it is. This mercato is stressing me out lol

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...Would be nice if our scouts could actually find a hidden gem for once. Cant remember the last time that happened.
demiral? in my book he qualifies for a hidden gem. some of us fapped on him already, but the rumors and the eventual transfer came out of the blue as he only spent a couple of months at sassuolo and very few expected him to move after half a season.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Thing is, a lot of that can be said about the likes of Higuain or Mandzukic too. Imo this comes down to what player type suits us going forward with Pirlo and what kind of investment you want to make.

1: We suffered a lot this year because we lack creative minds in the midfield but also because Dybala and CR needs to do almost everything themselves offensively. They need someone to make runs, assist, create space and also someone that pressures the backline. A modern striker comes to mind.

Dzeko is the exact opposite of this and requires even more service. This would make our attack even more stale.

2: If you want to invest in the player types of Dzeko you are pretty much choosing a short term solution. Given the age its a very unpredictable choice because you never know HOW fast they actually start to decline. He will be relevant for what 1, 2 years? After that we will be in the same situation as we are now all over again.. You are basically choosing to delay the inevitable problem.

We have to break this cycle at some point.

If its a short term buy and you need someone to nick a goal against Serie A peasants, than sure, go get Dzeko. Imo we should look for something much more sustainable
I don't think so, Higuain is short and not athletic, he doesn't have the height, jumping and strength to play as a targetman and be a threat on crosses. Mandzukic does, but he doesent have the goalscoring and passing ability of Dzeko (he makes up in other ways though). All 3 are different and I would say that Dzeko suits us the best as a backup striker.

Dybala and Ronaldo are scorers 1st and foremost, then they are playmakers after that. That's why Higgy failed to work with them, he needs the ball for himself. Dzeko is basically what you described there, he makes runs, he creates space by keeping the CBs on him, he can hold the ball with his back to the goal, he can pass (14 assists this season). He doesn't press like Mandzu or Cavani so let's say that's his biggest flaw.

Dzeko is old, but he's very fit and in shape. Just watch him this past season. Higuain is younger but is finished already. Why? Because he's a fat fuck. Ronaldo9 declined rapidly for the same reason (injuries aside). Look at Ibra still doing good. Im very confident he has 2 years at his level in him minimum, and that's the kind of contract I'd be willing to give him (2+1). Rumored price being 15M, that's nothing basically, especially if we can include a useless player going their way (Ruganj?)

Serie A peasants? Where were you when the guy carried Roma to a CL semifinal (should have been final, but refs gonna ref) and was scoring every game in the knockouts vs Liverpool and Barcelona? But sure, let's pretend he'd only be useful against Serie A peasants

May 26, 2016
demiral? in my book he qualifies for a hidden gem. some of us fapped on him already, but the rumors and the eventual transfer came out of the blue as he only spent a couple of months at sassuolo and very few expected him to move after half a season.
Youre right, completely forgot about him. Very nice pickup indeed.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I don't think so, Higuain is short and not athletic, he doesn't have the height, jumping and strength to play as a targetman and be a threat on crosses. Mandzukic does, but he doesent have the goalscoring and passing ability of Dzeko (he makes up in other ways though). All 3 are different and I would say that Dzeko suits us the best as a backup striker.

Dybala and Ronaldo are scorers 1st and foremost, then they are playmakers after that. That's why Higgy failed to work with them, he needs the ball for himself. Dzeko is basically what you described there, he makes runs, he creates space by keeping the CBs on him, he can hold the ball with his back to the goal, he can pass (14 assists this season). He doesn't press like Mandzu or Cavani so let's say that's his biggest flaw.

Dzeko is old, but he's very fit and in shape. Just watch him this past season. Higuain is younger but is finished already. Why? Because he's a fat fuck. Ronaldo9 declined rapidly for the same reason (injuries aside). Look at Ibra still doing good. Im very confident he has 2 years at his level in him minimum, and that's the kind of contract I'd be willing to give him (2+1). Rumored price being 15M, that's nothing basically, especially if we can include a useless player going their way (Ruganj?)

Serie A peasants? Where were you when the guy carried Roma to a CL semifinal (should have been final, but refs gonna ref) and was scoring every game in the knockouts vs Liverpool and Barcelona? But sure, let's pretend he'd only be useful against Serie A peasants
ED is 6'4...great target man for our players that can't cross LOLOL

- - - Updated - - -

I dont know man, none of those names gives me any chill tbh. But i guess your right, its a risk regardless of what we do. Really wish we wouldnt be in this situation but it is what it is. This mercato is stressing me out lol
I agree - I think they are looking at Morata as a safe option out of the bunch. Money talks though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)