Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (80 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I'm not quoting you because of what you said, but the fact that @Hustini actually liked that post, while only a couple of pages ago, said he would be cool with Morata coming back.

Somebody is off his meds again, and this time it's not me :lol:
That was before I knew he was on a 10m salary or would ask for it here?

No meds. Clean bill of health thank you.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
What are you saying? Gosens is young and very very talented. For the money he's a great move

Gosens is 2 years older, could very well be a product of the Atalanta style of play, and would most likely cost more.

And before we get into that whole "Exchange with Perin" argument. Juve could very well just sell Perin outright, and take that money towards Reguilon.

Reguilon, IMO, is a superior player to Gosens.

- - - Updated - - -

That was before I knew he was on a 10m salary or would ask for it here?

No meds. Clean bill of health thank you.
So in other words, BEFORE you knew about his salary, he wasn't a mediocre bum?

And if there was a player out there who would cut their wages to come here, it's Morata. you know, I know, and everyone else knows that he absolutely loved it here. You don't think he would take a pay cut to come back? He's the one player that I would have the most belief in to do that.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
That is so true. Buzz about is a possible 3 man defense

Then put him as a LWB if need be. If anyone has seen that young man play, he would be able to handle that with no issue. He's amazing going forward. I have no idea why RM would even entertain the thought of selling him, unless they are in worse financial straits than we are.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
And if there was a player out there who would cut their wages to come here, it's Morata. you know, I know, and everyone else knows that he absolutely loved it here. You don't think he would take a pay cut to come back? He's the one player that I would have the most belief in to do that.
How is anyone supposed to know whether or not he would take a pay cut? If he ever has prime years its likely now and who takes a pay cut in their prime years?

May 26, 2016
Targetman that can score with either foot, hold the ball, pass, helpa defend set pieces and has leadership qualities? Yes, so many of his kind out there and so many on our team
Thing is, a lot of that can be said about the likes of Higuain or Mandzukic too. Imo this comes down to what player type suits us going forward with Pirlo and what kind of investment you want to make.

1: We suffered a lot this year because we lack creative minds in the midfield but also because Dybala and CR needs to do almost everything themselves offensively. They need someone to make runs, assist, create space and also someone that pressures the backline. A modern striker comes to mind.

Dzeko is the exact opposite of this and requires even more service. This would make our attack even more stale.

2: If you want to invest in the player types of Dzeko you are pretty much choosing a short term solution. Given the age its a very unpredictable choice because you never know HOW fast they actually start to decline. He will be relevant for what 1, 2 years? After that we will be in the same situation as we are now all over again.. You are basically choosing to delay the inevitable problem.

We have to break this cycle at some point.

If its a short term buy and you need someone to nick a goal against Serie A peasants, than sure, go get Dzeko. Imo we should look for something much more sustainable

Last edited:

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Then put him as a LWB if need be. If anyone has seen that young man play, he would be able to handle that with no issue. He's amazing going forward. I have no idea why RM would even entertain the thought of selling him, unless they are in worse financial straits than we are.
I would tend to believe they are. They have even more dead weight than us

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
So now you are officially off the Morata train now? Cool.
holy shit :lol:

if he magically takes a pay cut to come, no problem. If he wants 10m like he does now, no.

We are trying to bring down the age yes, but we already have bloated salaries. Where are we not seeing eye to eye here?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
holy shit :lol:

if he magically takes a pay cut to come, no problem. If he wants 10m like he does now, no.

We are trying to bring down the age yes, but we already have bloated salaries. Where are we not seeing eye to eye here?

The fact that you have no problem bringing in a 34 year old Dzeko who makes just slightly less than a 27 year old Morata. The same Morata that Pirlo knows about firsthand. The same Morata that has a history with this club despite only being here for 2 seasons.

But you mention bloated salaries. If Morata's salary is bloated at 27, then how do you explain Dzeko?

May 26, 2016
Targetman that can score with either foot, hold the ball, pass, helpa defend set pieces and has leadership qualities? Yes, so many of his kind out there and so many on our team
Thing is, a lot of that can be said about the likes of Higuain or Mandzukic too. Imo this comes down to what player type suits us going forward with Pirlo and what kind of investment you want to make.

1: We suffered a lot this year because we lack creative minds in the midfield but also because Dybala and CR needs to do almost everything themselves offensively. They need someone to make runs, assist, create space and also someone that pressures the backline against tired legs. A modern striker comes to mind. Dzeko is the exact opposite of this and requires even more service. This would make our attack even more stale.

2: If you want to invest in the player types of Dzeko you are pretty much choosing a short term solution. Given the age its a very unpredictable because you never know HOW fast they actually start to decline. He will be relevant for what 1, 2 years? After that we will be in the same situation as we are now all over again. You are basically just delaying the inevitable problem.

We have to break this cycle at some point

Lol this is much better than when he wanted Balotelli. But yeah, paying for Dzeko's transfer fee and high salary makes little sense. Should only be an option if we run out of options.
Desperate times indeed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 74)