Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (59 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
My modus operandi in all of this is to obviously push us towards a rebuild, with a young team. A team that we can sustain for the next 4-5 years. So, with that, my opinions are going to clash with a majority of people here, and that's cool. I respect that.

Buy on AliExpress.com

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Why are people obsessed with trivial things like average age? Having experienced veterans is not a bad thing, you ofcourse need young and in prime players to carry the team but there is no damage having experienced subs
It would be beneficial to the upcoming seasons to lay down the framework of younger talent in the first team to play alongside and learn from the veterans currently here. All that wisdom and experience with no one to pass it down to really doesn't set the table for the immediate future. Especially when the club doesn't have a strong homegrown talent track record.

Just my 2 cents

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
We already have more than enough old players on this team. How much experience does a team need?
We really dont. Higuain, Sami are about to leave, perhaps Ramsey as well.

Szczesny (30), Buffon (42), Pinsoglio (30)
Chiellini (36), Bonucci (33), Demiral (22), De Ligt (21), Ruganj (26)
Alex Sandro (29), Danilo (29), Pellegrini (21), De Sciglio (27)
Arthur (24), Bentancur (23), Rabiot (25), Ramsey (29)
Bernardeschi (26), Douglas Costa (30), Cuadrado (32)
Dybala (26), Ronaldo (35)
Bold ones likely to leave as well

Out of eight 30+ olds, 3 are GKs, 2 defenders, a winger (who is leaving probably) and a GOAT striker. Its even less if you look at the starting lineup. Our average age grows significantly due to Buffon, Chiellini and Ronaldo mainly, but i doubt anyone thinks they are a problem somehow

Edit: forgot Kulu whos 20 years old

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Why are people obsessed with trivial things like average age? Having experienced veterans is not a bad thing, you ofcourse need young and in prime players to carry the team but there is no damage having experienced subs
If you are speaking of dzeko then I am in favour but mandzukic is past his use by date

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
What is this Dzeko fetish of yours? Honestly such a underwhelming player to be obsessed over. How is he even close to being what we need?
Targetman that can score with either foot, hold the ball, pass, helpa defend set pieces and has leadership qualities? Yes, so many of his kind out there and so many on our team

- - - Updated - - -

It would be beneficial to the upcoming seasons to lay down the framework of younger talent in the first team to play alongside and learn from the veterans currently here. All that wisdom and experience with no one to pass it down to really doesn't set the table for the immediate future. Especially when the club doesn't have a strong homegrown talent track record.

Just my 2 cents
But look at our current starting lineup and you see we are going there. We need young quality fullbacks and 1-2 mids and we are there. All thats missing is to pay Haalands clause when hes available.

- - - Updated - - -

Cut in and shoot from near halfway line?

What happens when they have to defend?

Danilo as CB. :howler: I actually wanna see that at least once lol.
Bonucci is there to cover for them

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
We really dont. Higuain, Sami are about to leave, perhaps Ramsey as well.

Szczesny (30), Buffon (42), Pinsoglio (30)
Chiellini (36), Bonucci (33), Demiral (22), De Ligt (21), Ruganj (26)
Alex Sandro (29), Danilo (29), Pellegrini (21), De Sciglio (27)
Arthur (24), Bentancur (23), Rabiot (25), Ramsey (29)
Bernardeschi (26), Douglas Costa (30), Cuadrado (32)
Dybala (26), Ronaldo (35)
Bold ones likely to leave as well

Out of eight 30+ olds, 3 are GKs, 2 defenders, a winger (who is leaving probably) and a GOAT striker. Its even less if you look at the starting lineup. Our average age grows significantly due to Buffon, Chiellini and Ronaldo mainly, but i doubt anyone thinks they are a problem somehow

Edit: forgot Kulu whos 20 years old

I'm talking about building blocks. Players that can start for us now, or at worst, next year. You have Dzeko penciled in as a starter. I can't and don't want to see that.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I'm talking about building blocks. Players that can start for us now, or at worst, next year. You have Dzeko penciled in as a starter. I can't and don't want to see that.
I dont actually.
Szczesny
Cuadrado De Ligt Chiellini Alex Sandro
Partey? Bentancur Arthur
Kulusevski
Dybala Ronaldo

This is how i want to see us line up in the big games next season. Having the luxury of a sub like Dzeko though, for 15M? That id take anytime without thinking twice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 54)