Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
That's why Higgy failed to work with them, he needs the ball for himself. Dzeko is basically what you described there, he makes runs, he creates space by keeping the CBs on him, he can hold the ball with his back to the goal, he can pass (14 assists this season).
Disagree here. That all is what Higuain used to really good at too. He isn't at all the static striker that needs to be fed, he's very much involved in the game.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
The fact that you have no problem bringing in a 34 year old Dzeko who makes just slightly less than a 27 year old Morata. The same Morata that Pirlo knows about firsthand. The same Morata that has a history with this club despite only being here for 2 seasons.

But you mention bloated salaries. If Morata's salary is bloated at 27, then how do you explain Dzeko?
Is it slightly less though? On capology.com, Morata makes 21M gross while Dzeko makes 9M gross, more than half less. If it's true, and even with Morata taking a pay cut with the new tax rules in place for him, he could still end up with more gross wages

- - - Updated - - -

Disagree here. That all is what Higuain used to really good at too. He isn't at all the static striker that needs to be fed, he's very much involved in the game.
He needs to drop too deep for the ball because he can't outfight the bigger CBs. Difference with him and Mandzu was night and day

- - - Updated - - -

ED is 6'4...great target man for our players that can't cross LOLOL

- - - Updated - - -

I agree - I think they are looking at Morata as a safe option out of the bunch. Money talks though.
Dzeko scored over 50 goals for his NT. How many players do you think can cross there? Kolasinac? Lulic? (Not even gonna name the ones no one knows lol)

pablo87

Dec 21, 2014
Then we are banking on something that is totally out of our control. What if Dortmund sell him for far greater than that, prior to his release clause? What if we activate it, and he doesn't want to be here? That is a lot of variables to consider.
Don't worry about that, clubs activate clauses when everything is agreed with the player ;)

May 26, 2016
Dybala and Ronaldo are scorers 1st and foremost, then they are playmakers after that. That's why Higgy failed to work with them, he needs the ball for himself. Dzeko is basically what you described there, he makes runs, he creates space by keeping the CBs on him, he can hold the ball with his back to the goal, he can pass (14 assists this season). He doesn't press like Mandzu or Cavani so let's say that's his biggest flaw.
Highly debatable, im talking more about a player like benzema than Dzeko. Just look at how succesfull that partnership with Ronaldo was in RM and it was mainly due to Benzemas ability to play quick and smart passing football and unlock defences with intelligent runs. Im not saying Dzeko isnt capable of doing semi similar things but he is a completely different player and not basically the same.

Dzeko is old, but he's very fit and in shape. Just watch him this past season. Higuain is younger but is finished already. Why? Because he's a fat fuck. Ronaldo9 declined rapidly for the same reason (injuries aside). Look at Ibra still doing good. Im very confident he has 2 years at his level in him minimum, and that's the kind of contract I'd be willing to give him (2+1). Rumored price being 15M, that's nothing basically, especially if we can include a useless player going their way (Ruganj?)
In that sense i agree, short term its an ok fix. But then we are just delaying the problem. Now you seem very certain that he is in good shape and i wont argue with that, and to be in worse shape than Higuain is more or less impossible.

Serie A peasants? Where were you when the guy carried Roma to a CL semifinal (should have been final, but refs gonna ref) and was scoring every game in the knockouts vs Liverpool and Barcelona? But sure, let's pretend he'd only be useful against Serie A peasants
I exaggerated when i said that. He has done very well with Roma, no doubt. However, i dont buy into the "look what he did that season in CL" narrative when it comes to buying players for the future. Players have peaks in their careers offcourse, only natural.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Highly debatable, im talking more about a player like benzema than Dzeko. Just look at how succesfull that partnership with Ronaldo was in RM and it was mainly due to Benzemas ability to play quick and smart passing football and unlock defences with intelligent runs. Im not saying Dzeko isnt capable of doing semi similar things but he is a completely different player and not basically the same.
Edin can play in the 'Benzema role', not on that level obviously, but he has other qualities that are better than Karims, so he can also be useful in other different partnerships and setups. Then again, who is it that can do that for us? I struggle to think of a player available

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Edin can play in the 'Benzema role', not on that level obviously, but he has other qualities that are better than Karims, so he can also be useful in other different partnerships and setups. Then again, who is it that can do that for us? I struggle to think of a player available

You are making completely valid points in your arguments. But the big question is this. If the rest of the squad is not up to CL winning standards, then on what basis can we justify bringing him here?

Wouldn't it be more pragmatic and actually better for us short and long term to bring someone in like Milik (I can't believe I am ACTUALLY saying that) who is still in his prime, and would probably cost less if Bernardeschi went the other way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)