Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (31 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
:sergio: :wallbang: And then what? We're going to struggle to offload the other midfielders, and we're stuck with a lot of mediocre mids, an unbalanced midfield in arguably the most important part of the team.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
As a bench option, yes. As a starter, absolutely not. The problem is we have too many mediocre mids, too many ifs and buts in midfield, and no guarantees. We need someone better. Jorginho is as underwhelming and uninspiring as they come.

Jun 16, 2020
As a bench option, yes. As a starter, absolutely not. The problem is we have too many mediocre mids, too many ifs and buts in midfield, and no guarantees. We need someone better. Jorginho is as underwhelming and uninspiring as they come.
Lets think positive; as a bench option he’s a big improvement compared to Khedira, if we loan him he wouldn’t cost anything and that leaves us with some money for a good CM. Jorginho, Rabiot, Ramsey as bench options is solid.

If Jorginho would be our main reinforcement it would be underwhelming indeed.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Lets think positive; as a bench option he’s a big improvement compared to Khedira, if we loan him he wouldn’t cost anything and that leaves us with some money for a good CM. Jorginho, Rabiot, Ramsey as bench options is solid.

If Jorginho would be our main reinforcement it would be underwhelming indeed.
Chelsea paid a lot for him and he is a regular player, although not since the restart, there's no way they would accept this formula especially as we have to take into account his age, he will have no re-sale value by the time we've paid for him, and I still doubt we are even after him any more.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Jorginho is also -no matter how you spin it- the perfect fit for the all-important regista position in a Sarri team.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Juventus are thinking about a formula for Jorginho, similar to the one they used to sign Juan Cuadrado from Chelsea. A loan for a couple of years then a payment to sign him outright. [TS]
Whether true or not, this is something I can see Paratici offering. Such a predator lol. Fresh from his Barca fleecing, seeking another prey in disadvantaged position. Same with Milik.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I really think we want to give to opportunity to rabiot to prove that he can be a starter and he might have until the end of the year cement his place and if he continues to play the way he played the last couple of games I'm all for it.

In which case i see us get jorginho and just rotate, which makes sense since benta can play in the middle as well.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Rabiot is quickly showing dramatic improvements. Something has changed in him and he definitely needs to be given a shot. He was free so its not like its an expensive risk. The guy is lightyears ahead of Matuidi with quick passing and having the ball at his feet.

Apr 29, 2006
Jorginho would cost a lot and has reached his peak. I see him as an incoming Pjanic.

Rabiot's on the rise and should be given the chance, unless his exit opens a more important door - like Pogba. Otherwise it's better to look for an younger midfielder, even 'italiEns' from the loan before own department.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)