Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (62 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Matuidi and Khedira have experience. Id rather have talent. Btw, aouar, Bentancur, and Arthur all have CL experience.

We need those young guys in the midfield to do all the running. The less Ronaldo and Dybala run, the deadlier we are. Things go wrong when one or both have to go further back to get the ball and try to do something.

And we have plenty of experience everywhere else, anyway.

Buy on AliExpress.com

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I really can't understand this fascination we have with Jorginho or even a regista in general. Our best form of the season is coinciding with a "regista" who already has his head at Barcelona and never even comes for the ball. Then we sub him after an hour and put Bentancur there.

So we are clearly playing fine without a regista that makes 150 passes per match.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Barella goes B2B. He's the most defensive of the three but offers that mobility (and they play with two wingers). Ben10 would be closest to that, and that's not his best role.

Ben10-Jorginho-Arthur-Dybala-Ronaldo would be a lot of predictable side passing without any reference in front of low blocks. Easy to beat on the counter too.
No need to sugar coat it. Barella has shit output, he offers nothing extraordinary as a B2B. Arthur is more gifted and will offer more as long as he stays fit.

Predictability does not come from lack of presence of a true #9. It comes from lack of movement and lack of stretching the game enough. Pace is also important.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
No need to sugar coat it. Barella has shit output, he offers nothing extraordinary as a B2B. Arthur is more gifted and will offer more as long as he stays fit.

Predictability does not come from lack of presence of a true #9. It comes from lack of movement and lack of stretching the game enough. Pace is also important.
They're diff players, wasn't saying barella is better.

You're more likely to get less mvmt out of benta-jorginho-arthur and one winger.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
They're diff players, wasn't saying barella is better.

You're more likely to get less mvmt out of benta-jorginho-arthur and one winger.
With Kulu/DC around? It's not like Dybala and CR7 are standing still to get the ball. Everything can be done.

In my preferred midfield there's no Jorginho, I'd put Bentancur as the DM and then throw in some active mezzala. Difficult to say what will be the midfield next season though.

Feb 25, 2020
Bentan-Arthur-SMS is a fucking quality midfield.

A midfielder of Bentancur-Arthur-SMS is fabulous. My 2nd option would be Allan who is planning to leave Napoli this summer due to disagreement with Gattuso.

Juventus & Napoli could eventually find an agreement for the Milik-Bernardeschi exchange. [Sky]

- - - Updated - - -

Agreement between Milik-Juventus. The Bianconeri are offering Rugani as part of a deal to Napoli, who wants Bernardeschi instead. According to Polish press
ADL should give us Milik + cash for Berna who still having 2 years left in his contract. Rugani straight swap for Milik makes more sense if Napoli need replacement for Koulibaly

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
With Kulu/DC around? It's not like Dybala and CR7 are standing still to get the ball. Everything can be done.

In my preferred midfield there's no Jorginho, I'd put Bentancur as the DM and then throw in some active mezzala. Difficult to say what will be the midfield next season though.
Plenty of evidence in past two seasons that some things could be patched but not everything.

We only just recently figured out how to play Dybala and Ronaldo together. Runs into the box from Rabiot and having them play closer together are two things that helped with that. We had to rely on past their best CFs before that.

We have width on only one side of the field and majority of play goes through that side. Take away runs from midfield and we defo become more predictable. And midfield with that trio would be Arsenal level soft.

Agreed on preferred midfield and Ben10's ideal role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 59)