Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (28 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Admittedly i don't watch non-Juve games often (the times i do reminds me what a lame side we've become, but that's a different discussion), but do we really think a bench-warmer at Barcelona is going to improve our team drastically? Pjanic has been horrendous at times and his inconsistency is really pissing me off, but how much of an improvement is Arthur over him? Yet again i may disagree with the direction this management is taking in offering a injury-prone Brazilian player, who we clearly had to go after several times to convince him to even consider us, high wages. Just seems like a recipe for disaster yet again.
Completely agree.

Let's be honest Arthur is a flop at Barcelona. He certainly isn't the first player to star in Brazil and flop in Europe.

Using one of our most valuable players (like him or not Pjanic is highly regarded) to get him seems incredibly risky, especially when you factor in his injuries.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Completely agree.

Let's be honest Arthur is a flop at Barcelona. He certainly isn't the first player to star in Brazil and flop in Europe.

Using one of our most valuable players (like him or not Pjanic is highly regarded) to get him seems incredibly risky, especially when you factor in his injuries.
put it this way, nobody else was in for Pjanic or were willing to trade anyone decent. PSG was about the only realistic rumour but it was for paredes who is actually gash.

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
Assuming we will get Arthur, what kind of midfielder should we add next to him and Bentancur.

I mean Castrovilli, Tonali, Pogba, they’re all as different as they could be. I’d say add some muscle to the midfield with Pogba, or somebody with physical characteristics. If we buy Castrovilli we’re going to build a tiki-taka squad, which is nice - but the next midfielder is going to be decisive for how we should play next year.
This, we will need at least one power midfielder to complement Arthur and Bentacur, otherwise it'll get completely overrun. Personally a player like SMS would be a good fit because he also adds height/aerial strength (Ramsey and Arthur will get completely outgunned in the air), but no chance with Lotito..

- - - Updated - - -

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
Completely agree.

Juventus fans say Arthur is shit. Barca fans want to keep him, who to trust? The majority of Barca fans like him and rate him high. I saw not a single Barca fan who wants this trade.

Feb 25, 2020
This, we will need at least one power midfielder to complement Arthur and Bentacur, otherwise it'll get completely overrun. Personally a player like SMS would be a good fit because he also adds height/aerial strength (Ramsey and Arthur will get completely outgunned in the air), but no chance with Lotito..

- - - Updated - - -
There are 2 names that we were linked previously to make that midfield look good:

- Thomas Partey: a tackling and ball-winning workhorse which is a better technical version of Matuidi. Atletico would want trade Costa for him.
- Allan: there are rumours that he want to leave Napoli this summer for the price of 40-50M

Allan/Partey - Bentancur
- - - - - - - - - Arthur- - - - - - - - - -
Sub: Matuidi, Kulusevski, Rabiot or Ramsey. I would prefer Rabiot as other than his attitude, he is decent as a rotational option

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
What about offensive threat from our midfielders from outside the box. I think most teams have figured out that this year we have zero output from outside the box almost, nobody dares to shoot. Back when we still had Pirlo, Pogba, Marchisio and Vidal, clubs had to guess what we're going to do, crowd the middle (avoid long-shots but allow the wings to be open) or vice-versa.

We're so limited to certain patterns and dependent on certain players at the moment. Sarri's approach makes it so easy to defend against.

Jun 16, 2020

- - - Updated - - -
Yep. Signing another dribbler would make us tactically very vulnerable. Khedira should not be trusted and that leaves us with Matuidi, who’s a engine but not a big physical force as they are. All-out attacking teams like Ajax (or Barcelona before) lose momentum if they can’t play their own game. Ajax lost vs Tottenham when they started to play a more physical game with Llorente.

Pogba imo remains a realistic option, but it all depends on if we succeed to sell some players and if he’ll accept a pay cut. But as far as I know he for sure leaves Manchester United this year. Arthur - Bentancur - Pogba looks great.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Yep. Signing another dribbler would make us tactically very vulnerable. Khedira should not be trusted and that leaves us with Matuidi, who’s a engine but not a big physical force as they are. All-out attacking teams like Ajax (or Barcelona before) lose momentum if they can’t play their own game. Ajax lost vs Tottenham when they started to play a more physical game with Llorente.

Pogba imo remains a realistic option, but it all depends on if we succeed to sell some players and if he’ll accept a pay cut. But as far as I know he for sure leaves Manchester United this year. Arthur - Bentancur - Pogba looks great.
Transforming our current trio into this trio will make us have the best midfield in Serie A (even better than Lazio`s who I really rate)
As for Europe - We will have our saying even if Real and Barca are still ahead

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
And pretty young trio in fact.
Yeah but I expect Arthur to ask to leave in a few years (should he succeed here). He is a good player with great potential but he seemingly rates Barcelona as the best club to be in and might want to come back in the future...
Bentancur seems loyal although he is young so who knows...
Pogba - I see him like the Lippi case - left want to come back and if he comes back he`ll be grateful (although there will always be the risk of Real Madrid)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)