Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (44 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Juventus convinced Arthur by putting a 5-year deal on the table worth 5mln€/season. In the next few days Juventus and Barcelona will have to find an agreement on the two players' value. The distance is not big.(Lucafiorino24)

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Talks ongoing between Juventus and Barcelona in these hours to close the exchange Pjanic - Arthur by the end of the month: work is being done on the “extra money” in favor of Barca as Sarri and Paratici rate him highly. Operation very well underway.(Lucafiorino24)

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Juventus fans say Arthur is shit. Barca fans want to keep him, who to trust? The majority of Barca fans like him and rate him high. I saw not a single Barca fan who wants this trade.
2020: when Barca fans are smarter than Juve ones, esp ones in Tuz and ultras.

Good thing Agnelli is doing something about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Allan :tup: would be great to have a midfielder who has the engine to compensate for our forwards and isn't a complete tard on the ball.
Yeah let's sign 28 yo expensive Allan with no resale value for an aging squad on very high salary and not a younger version of him, great idea.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
And people wonder why he is often injured. Guy is comfortable defending the ball against 3 opponents and being kicked from all sides.
you clearly don't watch much south American football.

- - - Updated - - -

Juventus fans say Arthur is shit. Barca fans want to keep him, who to trust? The majority of Barca fans like him and rate him high. I saw not a single Barca fan who wants this trade.
Sorry but a lot of those so called Juve fans are only saying that because either they have no clue about Arthur, or they are former real madrid fans who think every player at Barca is shit any ways.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
And people wonder why he is often injured. Guy is comfortable defending the ball against 3 opponents and being kicked from all sides.
Here he'll have to release it more quickly. Even CR7 does that more often than last season :D

- - - Updated - - -

@PedroFlu what are your thoughts on this swap?

gremio highlights

- - - Updated - - -

oh, they got it wrong many times :D
In those Barca vids he looks soft. Here he's so much different, lol.

Last edited:

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
@PedroFlu what are your thoughts on this swap?

gremio highlights

- - - Updated - - -

oh, they got it wrong many times :D
Arthur was a machine at Gremio. World class material (explosive, covers a lot of ground, formidable passing).

But since Barcelona, he became soft and too comfortable. On the pitch, lacked aggressiveness and focus. Off the pitch, started hanging out with Neymar, etc.

So, the classic case of a lot of talent x Brazilian mentality.

With that said, honestly, I'm still good with the trade. That's how sick and tired of Pjanic I am. Can't stand him anymore.

Feb 25, 2020
2020:

Yeah let's sign 28 yo expensive Allan with no resale value for an aging squad on very high salary and not a younger version of him, great idea.
Get your fact straight. Allan is earning merely €70,000/week at Napolo. Khedira is earning £130,000/week, Ramsey is earning £225,000/week at Juve. 28 yo is considered as prime time for a player and he could play till 32 at least. Allan contract expires in 2023, and he wants to look for a new challenge. Get rid of Khedira and Ramsey and we have more than enough wage to cover for him.

Atletico would like D.Costa in trade for Party? Man you are crazy if you think that anyone would want Costa.
Even worst when you can sell Party to any team for 40-50mil
More than one time Costa has been mentioned in rumors relating to Chelsea, ManU, Atletico. Ofc everything is just a rumor until the transaction actually happens.

https://www.football-italia.net/153910/douglas-costa-swap-thomas-partey

- - - Updated - - -

Arthur was a machine at Gremio. World class material (explosive, covers a lot of ground, formidable passing).

But since Barcelona, he became soft and too comfortable. On the pitch, lacked aggressiveness and focus. Off the pitch, started hanging out with Neymar, etc.

So, the classic case of a lot of talent x Brazilian mentality.

With that said, honestly, I'm still good with the trade. That's how sick and tired of Pjanic I am. Can't stand him anymore.
Pjanic is an engine running out of fuel. Arthur is not a bad trade but if choosing him or Aouar or Zaniolo, Arthur is clearly the underdog. I dont think we would take more than 1 out of those 3 names

Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yeah that's likely lol, its Portuguese clubs after all. But he is just 17 years old, so might be cheaper then we fear, because of post Corona.
I've seen stories talking about Joao Felix kind of money, but I'm not sure how you can quantify that.

From the little I've seen he's not that "special" kind of player, but maybe a bit special around the penalty area. Time will tell.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Get your fact straight. Allan is earning merely €70,000/week at Napolo. Khedira is earning £130,000/week, Ramsey is earning £225,000/week at Juve. 28 yo is considered as prime time for a player and he could play till 32 at least. Allan contract expires in 2023, and he wants to look for a new challenge. Get rid of Khedira and Ramsey and we have more than enough wage to cover for him.

More than one time Costa has been mentioned in rumors relating to Chelsea, ManU, Atletico. Ofc everything is just a rumor until the transaction actually happens.

https://www.football-italia.net/153910/douglas-costa-swap-thomas-partey

- - - Updated - - -

Pjanic is an engine running out of fuel. Arthur is not a bad trade but if choosing him or Aouar or Zaniolo, Arthur is clearly the underdog. I dont think we would take more than 1 out of those 3 names
Its not that clear.. Aouar is good with potential but I rate Arthur higher.
Zaniolo is very good , Italian and he already familiar with Serie A so yeah I rate Zaniolo higher but I really like Arthur unpredictable passing skills as well
Its Zaniolo Arthur Aouar for me..

Jun 16, 2020
Its not that clear.. Aouar is good with potential but I rate Arthur higher.
Zaniolo is very good , Italian and he already familiar with Serie A so yeah I rate Zaniolo higher but I really like Arthur unpredictable passing skills as well
Its Zaniolo Arthur Aouar for me..
Zaniolo plays as a right wingers. He has the characteristics to perhaps play as a CM, but for now imo it’s a gamble. Nevertheless I’d be very happy with him

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The one thing you can say about this move is that it is another step in rejuvenating the club for some years. Arthur is 23, Pjanic 30. If we could add him to Bentancur and get another player with youth and legs on his side, ideally a third man who can also contribute in all aspects of play, then it creates an eclectic :beppe: kind of midfield with different options and answers.

I don't like this whole thing about having to convince players to come and join Juventus, but I do know how obsessed South Americans can get with Barcelona and Real Madrid, so maybe we shouldn't take it too personally. Plus, if his club are willing to trade him for Pjanic, maybe he should better look elsewhere.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Increasingly positive news for the Arthur-Pjanic exchange. Arthur is open to moving to Juventus, not a definitive 'yes' yet, though. Juve offering more than double his salary, we could have news on Wednesday. Clubs still need to agree a valuation on both players. [Di Marzio]

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Who cares about height?

264d972fc3bae3943d197a0109b43011.jpg

Height is irrelevant. We need midfielders with SKILL.
Irrelevant? I disagree. Beside skill and height aren't exclusive. About the spanish duo, I don't understand the analogy because if you are a beast, it doesn't matter how you are. Garrincha even have two right legs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)