Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (96 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Admittedly i don't watch non-Juve games often (the times i do reminds me what a lame side we've become, but that's a different discussion), but do we really think a bench-warmer at Barcelona is going to improve our team drastically? Pjanic has been horrendous at times and his inconsistency is really pissing me off, but how much of an improvement is Arthur over him? Yet again i may disagree with the direction this management is taking in offering a injury-prone Brazilian player, who we clearly had to go after several times to convince him to even consider us, high wages. Just seems like a recipe for disaster yet again.
In terms of the current set up? Arthur is an improvement, but we do need another midfielder to compliment him and Bentancur

Buy on AliExpress.com

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
this spanish journalist close to barcelona still writes that arthur wants to stay and won't leave unless the club shows him the door:

di marzio/sky confirmed that there are talks and the clubs want to reach an agreement. we'll see.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
The whole world seems to think we are getting the better deal here, and i kinda agree.
Well I wouldnt call it getting the better deal but considering our situation its not a bad swap...
Pjanic vs Arthur - Pjanic is currently the better player
Pjanic vs Arthur for Juve - Pjanic lost motivation so Arthur wins

So Barca get a player who is ready and will do very well BUT they might regret it in a few years (they might not as well)
Juve get a young talented player instead of an aging unmotivated player - Sounds like the right thing even if Arthur might get injured and then we kind of replaced Pjanic for nothing...

- - - Updated - - -

this spanish journalist close to barcelona still writes that arthur wants to stay and won't leave unless the club shows him the door:

di marzio/sky confirmed that there are talks and the clubs want to reach an agreement. we'll see.
Well Barca reportedly showing him the door..

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I don't understand the Arthur transfer. Doesn't Juve value the players will? I've always liked that about Juventus(even though it lead to us losing guys like Pogba, Tevez etc). Now we sound like Manchester United who always buy players that don't really want to play for them.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Well I wouldnt call it getting the better deal but considering our situation its not a bad swap...
Pjanic vs Arthur - Pjanic is currently the better player
Pjanic vs Arthur for Juve - Pjanic lost motivation so Arthur wins

So Barca get a player who is ready and will do very well BUT they might regret it in a few years (they might not as well)
Juve get a young talented player instead of an aging unmotivated player - Sounds like the right thing even if Arthur might get injured and then we kind of replaced Pjanic for nothing...

- - - Updated - - -

Well Barca reportedly showing him the door..
We shouldn't necessarily look at who is the better player pound for pound. I think Arthur is a better fit for us than Pjanic is right now. Not sure if Pjanic is really the player Barca need, but then again their recent transfers have raised some eyebrows.

Economically its a win win for everyone and actually allows us to spend money where needed

- - - Updated - - -

Assuming this actually happens, the exchange wouldn't go through until the season officially ends, right?
yes

- - - Updated - - -

We are interested in Fabio Silva from Porto? Anyone knows this forward?
9 matches 1 goal, not really much to say given his limited game time.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
I don't understand the Arthur transfer. Doesn't Juve value the players will? I've always liked that about Juventus(even though it lead to us losing guys like Pogba, Tevez etc). Now we sound like Manchester United who always buy players that don't really want to play for them.
I always thought that was more of an outgoing player thing, but still, I would hope that any player who joins our club plays for the badge with pride. I'm kind of worried that this feeling of being rejected by barca will stay with him next season and affect his play. But then again it may be a motivating factor :boh:

Jun 16, 2020
Assuming we will get Arthur, what kind of midfielder should we add next to him and Bentancur.

I mean Castrovilli, Tonali, Pogba, they’re all as different as they could be. I’d say add some muscle to the midfield with Pogba, or somebody with physical characteristics. If we buy Castrovilli we’re going to build a tiki-taka squad, which is nice - but the next midfielder is going to be decisive for how we should play next year.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Bentancur
Arthur-----Ramsey​

Juve midfield 2020-21

So average
A very delicate midfield, very realistic esp in Italy

- - - Updated - - -

I'd try to avoid that sinking ship best as i could. Alba, Messi, Busquets, Pique, Suarez - basically that whole core is +32yr and in 2-3 years when they're 35+, what do they have left when Coutinho lost his motivation, Dembele plays Ps5 and Griezmann can't even cut the starting lineup with the current lineup in his prime. That whole stuff is so fucked up in there that it almost makes me puke. It's like a "let's put a friend team on beer league" and play long as we have fun, them being bestmans in eachothers weddings and prob having video calls daily, when can't see that stupid buck toothed Suarez for 2 hours after practice.
Meanwhile, Real owns half of world's talented younglings

- - - Updated - - -

I really like Jimenez, I've been flaunting his name around for some time now, shame he's 29 but at the right price I'd definitely take him, his over all build up play is very underrated imo and something I feel will suit this current set up. Would I take him over Milik? almost certainly but again the price is everything, hope Mendes can work some magic here.
Sign Jimenez if they accept a player in exchange. Half of Mexico and Mexican Americans will start following us.

Also need to tap other north American markets. Been saying this for yrs. Dortmund, Bayern and, by extension, bundesliga are way ahead in the game.

New, more serious Jimenez links or bit part rumors like before?

Last edited:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Assuming we will get Arthur, what kind of midfielder should we add next to him and Bentancur.

I mean Castrovilli, Tonali, Pogba, they’re all as different as they could be. I’d say add some muscle to the midfield with Pogba, or somebody with physical characteristics. If we buy Castrovilli we’re going to build a tiki-taka squad, which is nice - but the next midfielder is going to be decisive for how we should play next year.
We should go for Pogba and if we cant then go for SMS.
Probability - SMS is far far away while Pogba needs to cut wages + hope Man Utd accept player/s + cash deal.
If we base according to rumors it might be Aouar.
I think Aouar and Arthur together is risky as both are talented but non are WC yet..
And of course we might remain soft..

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006

Any italian coaches employ this style in an effective manner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 90)