Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (36 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Something is wrong IMO as you considered the price of Arthur but disregarded Pjanic's sale price
Arthur may be "worth" 80m but the amount we pay is actually 10m since Pjanic will be sold for 70m.
Im no expert at this but I guess it means something..

Also is it total cost divided by total years?
If it is it may increase costs but allow us to stretch the fair play thing for the summer or am I wrong?
okay, where do i start. if you compare the yearly costs of the players, it contains their amortization and gross wages. i compared these two.
cash flow and balance sheet are two different financial reports. the 10m you're talking about is part of the cash flow, but in the balance sheet (and income statement for that matter), arthur will cost 80m, and his yearly amortization will be based on this number.
it's yearly gross wages + yearly amortization (which is activated value divided by the contract length in years).
it's the pjanic plusvalenza that allows us to better comply with the ffp. if his book value is 17,5m and his sale price is 70m, that's 52,5m capital gain, which helps the club to balance the books hit by corona (and predictable shitty cl revenue). the increased cost might be an issue for the coming seasons.

let's suppose the rumors are accurate, and arthur would cost ~23-24m per seasons. that would make him our 4th most expensive player behind cr, de ligt and higuain, slightly above pre-extension dybala.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
okay, where do i start. if you compare the yearly costs of the players, it contains their amortization and gross wages. i compared these two.
cash flow and balance sheet are two different financial reports. the 10m you're talking about is part of the cash flow, but in the balance sheet (and income statement for that matter), arthur will cost 80m, and his yearly amortization will be based on this number.
it's yearly gross wages + yearly amortization (which is activated value divided by the contract length in years).
it's the pjanic plusvalenza that allows us to better comply with the ffp. if his book value is 17,5m and his sale price is 70m, that's 52,5m capital gain, which helps the club to balance the books hit by corona (and predictable shitty cl revenue). the increased cost might be an issue for the coming seasons.

let's suppose the rumors are accurate, and arthur would cost ~23-24m per seasons. that would make him our 4th most expensive player behind cr, de ligt and higuain, slightly above pre-extension dybala.
Only on the books that is.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Who the fuck actually values pjanic at 80m if it's a straight swap? Why not go ahead and act like Pjanic is 250m and Arthur is 260m? OR, if it matters value both at 10m and 20m, if it creates some stupid football rule book misunderstandings. It's a player swap, that's it.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Lol you all falling for this shit. Arthur doesn't want to come here. He can just wait till next year when the currnet Barca management leaves.
I'd try to avoid that sinking ship best as i could. Alba, Messi, Busquets, Pique, Suarez - basically that whole core is +32yr and in 2-3 years when they're 35+, what do they have left when Coutinho lost his motivation, Dembele plays Ps5 and Griezmann can't even cut the starting lineup with the current lineup in his prime. That whole stuff is so fucked up in there that it almost makes me puke. It's like a "let's put a friend team on beer league" and play long as we have fun, them being bestmans in eachothers weddings and prob having video calls daily, when can't see that stupid buck toothed Suarez for 2 hours after practice.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I'm not excited about Arhtur joining. He's an injury prone pussyfag who doesn't seem willing to fight for his spot. We don't need that kind of mentality here - we already have enough Pussyfags as it is.

If this Lolzilian manages to stay injury free, work hard, and realize his potential - a big IF - then he'd be worth the risk. If he fails, we can hopefully move him and his big contract somewhere else before he turns 28.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Who the fuck actually values pjanic at 80m if it's a straight swap? Why not go ahead and act like Pjanic is 250m and Arthur is 260m? OR, if it matters value both at 10m and 20m, if it creates some stupid football rule book misunderstandings. It's a player swap, that's it.
both clubs need the plusvalenza, so valuations of 10 and 20m wouldn't make sense at all. pjanic's book value is above 10m, we wouldn't have accepted "selling" him below that, because it would have only increased our losses.

250 and 260m would be too heavy on both books via their yearly amortization later.

it's probably some controllers who decided on the optimal valuations. besides roma, barca are now our bbf's (best bookkeeping friends).

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We are interested in Fabio Silva from Porto? Anyone knows this forward?
He's 17 and looks like the end result of an Adam Driver and Jason Segel fusion.

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully, this Arthur deal doesn't lull the idiots into a false sense of security and, believing their work is done, they fail to recruit further upgrades for the midfield.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
That would suck. It's younger, but it's too inconsistent, too many unknown variables, and two of the three players might not even be fit for most of our matches. If management think that constitutes an upgrade, we're fucked!

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
exactly. that's what i tried to explain in the earlier post.

also, pjanic is clearly in the same shoes: he doesn't want to play here anymore. so on paper, arthur is a younger, cheaper alternative with the same shitty motivation. what an upgrade. :baus:

imagine someone like pellegrini (currently on ~2m at roma), who's not an inferior player to current arthur, physically stronger, italian, 100% more motivated too, with a 30m release clause. but we can't get him, because pjanic is practically unsellable, unless we can find a club with the same need for that inflated capital gain and a more or less suitable player to offer in exchange. that's how jj rolls nowadays. pretty embarrassing.
Now all of a sudden Pellegrini is good. There were plenty of people here criticizing the rumors when we were linked to him for the above mentioned 30mln. And I agree with them because obviously he cannot be compared to Arthur who's Barcelona first team player with more than 20 caps in Brazil NT under his belt.

I also don't understand how giving 5mln to Arthur is excessive? Exchaning 30yo worn-out Pjanic for the Brazilian is a very good deal for us in my opinion.

The whole world seems to think we are getting the better deal here, and i kinda agree.
100% agreed.

Oct 23, 2011
Admittedly i don't watch non-Juve games often (the times i do reminds me what a lame side we've become, but that's a different discussion), but do we really think a bench-warmer at Barcelona is going to improve our team drastically? Pjanic has been horrendous at times and his inconsistency is really pissing me off, but how much of an improvement is Arthur over him? Yet again i may disagree with the direction this management is taking in offering a injury-prone Brazilian player, who we clearly had to go after several times to convince him to even consider us, high wages. Just seems like a recipe for disaster yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)