Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (47 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2020
Journalist don't know football good as we.

They post random shit all the year.

Don't remember last time someone brought extra good truth news which was not known on every football forum or sport site

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
There are lots of voices saying lots of different things, most of it made up. Ole has been asked many times in press conferences and always reiterated that the player was injured.
I'd surprised he said otherwise. You might be correct but there's no smoke without fire.

You say the price next summer will be lower, but it appears that juventus are only willing to pay a relative pittance this summer anyway. There is no value in united selling for that sort of money, and it would set a bad precedent for united in the market. The feeling around united is that corona has killed any chance of him leaving since no-one can afford him anymore. Most of the noise seems to be coming from the italian media.
There have been plenty examples of such transfers like Kroos to Madrid or Vidal to Bayern. Obviously, they're not 1:1 examples of Pogba situation but quality players in their prime going for relatively low prices.

Don't forget his agent is Raiola who could be the source for Italian outlets.

michel

Mar 25, 2010
Watch this one happen.

Pjanic + MDS for Icardi :D
Honestly, if we are to do a deal with PSG we should be looking at Verratti, I bet he would push for the move as well. Since they will be left with 0 capable right-back after this summer, give them Pjanić + Danilo for Verratti, and they either accept or reject, probably the latter.

Just don't get Icardi, there is no need for him, Haaland's clause becomes active at €75.0m next summer, or the one after that.

Bananaman

May 14, 2020
I'd surprised he said otherwise. You might be correct but there's no smoke without fire.
By ''no smoke without fire'' what you're saying is that the media never make stuff up to sell papers or generate website clicks, sure...:rolleyes2:

There have been plenty examples of such transfers like Kroos to Madrid or Vidal to Bayern. Obviously, they're not 1:1 examples of Pogba situation but quality players in their prime going for relatively low prices.

Don't forget his agent is Raiola who could be the source for Italian outlets.
What do the Vidal and Kroos transfers 5 and 6 years ago have to do with Pogba, you're clutching at straws at this point. A more relevant example would be hazard who cost over £100 million in the last year of his contract a year ago. You're not buying from germany or italy here, this is the premier league.

Jethro

Mar 6, 2018
Honestly, if we are to do a deal with PSG we should be looking at Verratti, I bet he would push for the move as well. Since they will be left with 0 capable right-back after this summer, give them Pjanić + Danilo for Verratti, and they either accept or reject, probably the latter.

Just don't get Icardi, there is no need for him, Haaland's clause becomes active at €75.0m next summer, or the one after that.
:andyandbarcelona:

May 4, 2020
Well if they need RB (PSG) why would they go from younger and better Verratti to turtle Pjanic who is 30 years old.

How unrealistic. I thought this thread is about realistic things that could happen , and not about us getting best deals ever that will not happen even on menager.

michel

Mar 25, 2010
Well, Paratici believed he was capable last summer, I guess we just have to convince PSG to believe the same :D

- - - Updated - - -

Well if they need RB (PSG) why would they go from younger and better Verratti to turtle Pjanic who is 30 years old.

How unrealistic. I thought this thread is about realistic things that could happen , and not about us getting best deals ever that will not happen even on menager.
I guess you haven't read the entire comment, and just focused on the things you wanted. My point was that if PSG want Pjanic, we should ask for Verratti, and throw in Danilo as well. If they want the best midfielder on our team, why wouldn't we ask the same? If we accept the deal involving Paredes we are idiots. The deal, as I have already mentioned in my past comment, would most probably get rejected by PSG.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
So what happens if we let Higuain go? No pure striker for 1-2 years? Not saying Icardi but we would need another ST and can't wait for that clause to become active.

Jethro

Mar 6, 2018

I really had to Google how old is Verratti when you named Pjanic old and turtle and he's basically just 3 years older than Verratti. :ratcafe:

michel

Mar 25, 2010
So what happens if we let Higuain go? No pure striker for 1-2 years? Not saying Icardi but we would need another ST and can't wait for that clause to become active.
From the interviews, I understand that he wants to respect his contract with us, which runs for another year; leaving aside all the chatter regarding his desire to be with his family in Argentina. Haaland's clause becomes active in the summer of 2021, which is exactly when Higuain's contract runs out.

But I agree, if we are to cut Higuain loose, we need a replacement. However, I highly doubt Icardi would earn less than Higuain.

- - - Updated - - -

I really had to Google how old is Verratti when you named Pjanic old and turtle and he's basically just 3 years older than Verratti. :ratcafe:
It's even 2 years, Verratti was born in 1992, and Pjanic in 1990 :D

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2,578
    well, if you trust Mombly saying the deal with Barca is done and waiting for the player's response.

:snoop:

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    Jorginho’s agent has hinted that the Chelsea midfielder would not turn down Juventus but maintained Fabio Paratici ‘hasn’t called me’.

Juve boss Maurizio Sarri managed Jorginho at Napoli and Chelsea, and the Italy international continues to be linked with replacing Miralem Pjanic as the coach’s playmaker.

“Juventus are one of the top teams in Europe and any player would like to play for them,” Joao Santos told Radio Kiss Kiss.

“I haven’t heard from [sporting director] Paratici, he hasn’t called me. Jorginho has three years left on his contract with Chelsea, he’s doing well in London.

“I read about the links with Juve through newspapers and various outlets.”

Santos was then asked about the possibility of a reunion taking place in Turin.

“I repeat: Juventus are one of the top clubs in football.”

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)