Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (33 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Jorginho is not an upgrade, and he wouldn't really improve us that much. Like I said, we need a much better marquee signing in midfield. He's a good player, but he's also a very limited player. If/Once Sarri leaves, we'll be stuck with him because there's no guarantee the next coach will utilize him effectively.

I want to have a team of quality individuals who'd fit any system and impose themselves regardless of coaches, tactics and formations. Jorginho just isn't that kind of player. I also don't think he's better than Pjanic or Bentancur, so no thanks.
Jorginho isnt an upgrade over Pjanic but if you take Pjanic`s for over the last 2 years and add Sarri`s method to it.. maybe he would be (although not the kind of improvement really strong players like Pogba could make..)

- - - Updated - - -

PSG wants C.Ronaldo? Their pressident was full of praise and bullish about their chance to sign him...

The only reason I see Andrea accepting this one is if we have Mbappe or Neymar promised in return. But maybe we need cash for something else...
I cant see it happening but if he does leave for PSG - Mbappe wouldnt join in return while Neymar seems poised with Barcelona (and even if he accepts - He is a billion dollar talent ten cents brain type of guy which means fake injuries, terrible attitude and lots of laziness...

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
He's been injured most of the season, that's why he has barely featured.

United always exercise the +1 option on contracts so that they can get a fee, even on players who are surplus to requirements like ashley young. Herrera only had 7 months left when united exercised it. Selling a high value asset when the market is in a bad state and buyers are struggling for cash is not good business, smart business is holding onto the asset until the market goes back to normal. That's why all these major deals probably won't happen.

From pogba's point of view, if he waits until next year a move to real madrid could be on the table, so it wouldn't be the end of world for him if he stays.
Speaking of his injury, there were voices he's prolonging it on purpose, fueling speculation that he simply doesn't want to play for United anymore.
Moving back to his sale, you say it's unwise for United to sell him now while the market is in a difficult situation. It's true, however, there are two other factors that need to be taken into consideration. First of all, nobody knows what will be the consequences of the pandemic in the long run. Maybe it'll take 10 years for the prices to go back to their previous levels? Second, even if the prices go up, next summer Pogba will be on his last contract year so his price is going to be lower anyways.
To sum up, in my opinion it's better for United to sell now for a lower price and reinvest than keeping Pogba till his last contract year and suffer both from the descending contract and low transfer fees due to pandemic.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
PSG wants C.Ronaldo? Their pressident was full of praise and bullish about their chance to sign him...

The only reason I see Andrea accepting this one is if we have Mbappe or Neymar promised in return. But maybe we need cash for something else...
Sure, they could have him. Maybe we could start answering the phone once the bid hits €300M.

Apr 29, 2006
Sure, they could have him. Maybe we could start answering the phone once the bid hits €300M.
Fine by me, but I don't see even them doing something that crazy, unless there is something very shady here.

I doubt Psg boss will give Mbappe or Neymar for 35 years old player ;)
I agree, but someone has to be benched.

I cant see it happening but if he does leave for PSG - Mbappe wouldnt join in return while Neymar seems poised with Barcelona (and even if he accepts - He is a billion dollar talent ten cents brain type of guy which means fake injuries, terrible attitude and lots of laziness...
There is always the possibility of Icunti being the swap guy. I don't care much for Neymar, but his contract is coming to an end and so it seems more believable than Mbappe, for instance. I am sure if our boards ever considered Neymar they did their behind the scenes job very well. One thing I can certainly say is Neymar has a very short window left to make it or break it. He doesn't get a Ballon d'Or and he is done - another average lolzillian historically. Very hard to get that when playing with CR7 or Messi. :cronios:

Bananaman

May 14, 2020
Speaking of his injury, there were voices he's prolonging it on purpose, fueling speculation that he simply doesn't want to play for United anymore.
There are lots of voices saying lots of different things, most of it made up. Ole has been asked many times in press conferences and always reiterated that the player was injured.

Moving back to his sale, you say it's unwise for United to sell him now while the market is in a difficult situation. It's true, however, there are two other factors that need to be taken into consideration. First of all, nobody knows what will be the consequences of the pandemic in the long run. Maybe it'll take 10 years for the prices to go back to their previous levels? Second, even if the prices go up, next summer Pogba will be on his last contract year so his price is going to be lower anyways.
To sum up, in my opinion it's better for United to sell now for a lower price and reinvest than keeping Pogba till his last contract year and suffer both from the descending contract and low transfer fees due to pandemic.
You say the price next summer will be lower, but it appears that juventus are only willing to pay a relative pittance this summer anyway. There is no value in united selling for that sort of money, and it would set a bad precedent for united in the market. The feeling around united is that corona has killed any chance of him leaving since no-one can afford him anymore. Most of the noise seems to be coming from the italian media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)