Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (157 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Oh shit. Loool. That's a tough one.

Molinaro, Sturaro, Miccoli, Baiocco, Paramatti, Porrini, Motta, O'Neill, Bachini, Iaquinta and Jorge Martinez all deserve a mention.
I understand it all but Iaqinta doesnt deserve to be there IMHO. He gave it all. And his goal vs Chelsea one-two pass with Trezeguet was nice.

Though i remember one of his goals when he scored then took off his shirt got a yellow card, after few minutes he tackled a player and was sent off.
I think the hate comes when he refused to leave when Conte took over.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I understand it all but Iaqinta doesnt deserve to be there IMHO. He gave it all. And his goal vs Chelsea one-two pass with Trezeguet was nice.

Though i remember one of his goals when he scored then took off his shirt got a yellow card, after few minutes he tackled a player and was sent off.
I think the hate comes when he refused to leave when Conte took over.
Maybe he doesn't, but I never really liked him and he was a a bit of a leechfuck. I could also add Borriello and Bendtner to the list - they were both quite useless tbh.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Oh shit. Loool. That's a tough one.

Molinaro, Sturaro, Miccoli, Baiocco, Paramatti, Porrini, Motta, O'Neill, Bachini, Iaquinta and Jorge Martinez all deserve a mention.
K, I give you scenario, you are walking on a beach in Bangkok and you see Iaquinta lounging, what do? Assault? Insult? Set him up? Autograph?

If I ran into Zambrotta I'd insult....I'm still butthurt.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Maybe he doesn't, but I never really liked him and he was a a bit of a leechfuck. I could also add Borriello and Bendtner to the list - they were both quite useless tbh.
Nah Iaquinta deserves to be there. Apart from his first season he was a sulking, permanently offside yellow-card-magnet

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
Mercato Bro. It's not the Supermercado :p

- - - Updated - - -
Give it a couple more months it'll be whole sales all across.

I go back and forth on Pellegrini. He has some technique and creativity but probably doesn't run enough to compensate for CR7/Dybala. I would sell Rabiot and replace him with Pellegrini but I wouldn't bend over backwards to buy him.
I was thinking exactly to replace Rabiot and even then. Should we Zaniolo?
Raiola: "Why Haaland picked Dortmund over Juventus?" They would put him in the U-23 squad."

:boh:
OK fatty we all know you got a good one here now back to fixing shit you created for keane

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
K, I give you scenario, you are walking on a beach in Bangkok and you see Iaquinta lounging, what do? Assault? Insult? Set him up? Autograph?

If I ran into Zambrotta I'd insult....I'm still butthurt.
Knowing that he loves coke, I'd set him up :klin:

- - - Updated - - -

Melo, Amauri, Isla, Hernanes, Bernardeschi.
Oh yeah. Hernanes too. I didn't like that fucker. Lucio was another mind boggling acquisition.

Apr 17, 2013
Always had a soft spot for Melo, he's one of my favorites of the trash generation. Hernanes came 5 years too late, solid player though. BernaGuti was a disappointment.
Melo, there are still "cunt player" like chiello or Lichtsteiner adored by his supporters and hated by opposing supporters, melo has made the feat of being hated by both.
Amauri, this parasite that has been stealing money from us for years.
Isla, mediocre player his first statement: "Juve is a step to go to Real Madrid" Ahaha.
Hernanes, the biggest cur. I don't forget his statement when he signed at inter "Un club onesto, mai sceso in Serie B e mai coinvolto in scandali" ... (soprassediamo). "(An honest club, never down in Serie B and never involved in scandals).
Bernardeschi, me too but I quickly lost hope, a mindless player who prefers to complain on Instagram than to train hard to succeed.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
You have to bare in mind that firstly Lukaku is playing in a different system to what he'd be expected to do at Juve, the only reason we're playing 4-3-1-2 half the time is to accommodate Dybala better than he would fit in a 4-3-3 which Lukaku would do be expected to do well in too. I'm not saying we would be right in selling Dybala, not that it even matters now as nothing ever came of it. Fact remains that Paratici hasn't sold off any key players in the 2 transfer window's he's been in charge of and replaced them with crap. Given I'm not even counting cancelo as one of those key players since half the time he wasn't even trusted to hold his own defensively and Barzagli or some other more defensively sound RB had to come on.
I still maintain that we were right to sell cancelo given the problems he was causing us, whether in exchange for cash and Danilo is a good deal remains to be seen, for the sake of balancing the books it was the only option we had.
Another reason, perhaps more importantly, that we're not playing a 4-3-3 is we don't have wingers. Ronaldo for the left, sure, and then the right is...? DC is crippled. Bernardeshi...I don't even know what happened to him. Cuadrado sure, but it seems he's primarily a RB now (another position we're crippled at). Now we would have Lukaku, a player heavily reliant on service, and no one to really provide it with all of our weak points brought to the forefront, so we would barely be able to accommodate Lukaku there. Dybala could be shoehorned into the RW position if we really needed him to be, so at least with we get extra versatility with Dybala over Lukaku as well.

Speaking of systems, Lukaku isn't exactly known for his first touch and quick passing - things that Sarri allegedly demands for his system. That presents a clear mismatch at the outset that should rule him out before anything else is even considered. He may not have sold any key players (more on Cancelo later), but it wasn't for lack of trying. It's clear at this point that the rumors were true and Paratici was trying to push Dybala out for Lukaku. As this was the only way Lukaku would've ended up here, it is impossible to not evaluate the deal as a whole with consideration to what both players bring to the table. With Dybala being far more technically skilled, versatile, and a year younger, it's clear who has the higher value.

Cancelo can go fuck himself. Mediocre player with a shit attitude that can dribble or put in a nice cross every now and then. As much as I don't like him, he still played 34 matches in his season here, I'd consider that "key" player territory, even if a bad one. One underperforming "key" player for another, it is what it is at the moment. Call it even, maybe Danilo can turn it around under a different coach.

But back to the main point. I like Lukaku, he's a great player with a good attitude. However, trading Dybala for him would've been a disaster. The way things transpired with this deal was the best result for all parties involved, Lukaku included, despite Paratici's best efforts to the contrary.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Yesterday the barca swap deal was reported as finished, they get Pjanic + De Sciglio and we get Semedo+22mil
So we failed to get Artur and still condeded Pjanic?
Its a great victory to offload De Sciglio for a decent player i reckon, but losing Pjanic creates a new hole to our starting lot. We need 2 starter mids now, even if we sell Rabbiot its still quite hard with just 22mil to boot

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Easy to use hindsight re: haaland. Nobody would’ve promised that kid a starting spot back in january, just like nobody is ready to promise kulusevski one for next season now.
Haaland is as near top player as a young player can be. I dont doubt for a second he could out compete Higauin in quick way. Would he be compatible with Ronaldo is another matter, and that could slowed down his introductory phase to become a starter.

But Haaland is basically a proven quality with each game he plays. Kulusevski is an absolute nobody in comparison, who has to begin from grunt level to get minutes. And its right, because he hasn't shown the dominating phenom performances of the norwegian kid, and is a tier lower talent wise until shown otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 147)