Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (215 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Dybala is a fan favourite but Lukaku will score more than him and I'm sure if we had a creative midfield most people would take that swap. The fact that Ramsey and Rabiot have underperformed, yes keep Dybala for his creativity.

Right now we have an expensive squad in terms of wages. One Pogba is probably worth Rabiot, Ramsey and Pjanic for transfer and wages. If we can cut the likes of Khedira and Rabiot then the possibility of Pogba becomes more real. Also, if Higuain goes we need a replacement for him and that won't be cheap.
:rofl: :howler: Only retards would agree to that swap. Get rid of a quality player who can change the course of a game for a giant oaf.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Attachments

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Yes, but we mustn't believe everything that this fatty tells. If Juve had paid 30 million for halland it isn't to make him play with the primavera.
I'm confident Raiola knows that he wouldn't be in the U23 and is just exaggerating. The general message from him is that he wouldn't have had the same starting opportunities or faith shown in him as he has had at Dortmund. It's hard to argue with that, partly because we have a far stronger trio of forwards and partly because we don't have a good track record of playing young players straight away.

Pogba is a prime example of that if you are good enough you will get a chance at Juve. De Ligt too but with Chiellini's injury he was thrown in a bit earlier. I think he would have been a backup for Higuain initially with a view to taking over from him eventually.

From Raiola and Haaland's point of view it has been a good move. He is the main attacker in a good team playing in a decent league. He'll develop and get a big money move in the near future.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Easy to use hindsight re: haaland. Nobody would’ve promised that kid a starting spot back in january, just like nobody is ready to promise kulusevski one for next season now.

May 4, 2020
Todibo could become the icing on the cake for the big deal that's coming up with Juventus. The Italian club are willing to pay 20 million euros extra for the French centre-back, so the deal would be as follow: Semedo and Todibo for Pjanić, De Sciglio and 45 million euros. SPORT.ES

Wtf is wrong with them

Well nobody now when transfer market wil lbe open, but hting is sure that it will last longer so clubs can prepare themself.

Bananaman

May 14, 2020
I said they'd be inclined to accept a lower fee due to the pandemic and the contract that is running out. I checked and the source I had is weak, Daily Star. Nevertheless, they pay him a lot and he has barely featured for them this season. Paying him a fortune for the next two years and getting nothing in return doesn't sound good to me.
https://www.juvefc.com/manchester-united-wont-exercise-pogba-renewal/
He's been injured most of the season, that's why he has barely featured.

United always exercise the +1 option on contracts so that they can get a fee, even on players who are surplus to requirements like ashley young. Herrera only had 7 months left when united exercised it. Selling a high value asset when the market is in a bad state and buyers are struggling for cash is not good business, smart business is holding onto the asset until the market goes back to normal. That's why all these major deals probably won't happen.

From pogba's point of view, if he waits until next year a move to real madrid could be on the table, so it wouldn't be the end of world for him if he stays.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
:rofl: :howler: Only retards would agree to that swap. Get rid of a quality player who can change the course of a game for a giant oaf.
You're missing the point. Right now we need Dybala but if we get a decent midfield and some proper wingers then Dybala becomes surplus. It's not about who's better, it's about who's more useful for us so if we do use a traditional 4-3-3 then Lukaku fits better than Dybala. Also, Dybala can change the course of a game only if he's in his preferred position which hasn't happened much this season.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
You do realise we have Paratici who was trying to swap Dybala for Romelu Lukaku and accepted a 60M bid from the Spurs at the last day of the mercato? I'd say he was doing everything in his power to weaken his squad with those deals.
Fact is, it didnt happen. Given lukaku's stats this season he is somewhat justifying his price tag even if I cant stand the guy. Even so it doesnt compare to selling Vidal and replacing him with hernanes

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
cancelo-danilo is a massive downgrade. cancelo is a retard, but on his day, a world class fullback, and he is a threat in the attacking 3rd, while danilo is plain mediocre for plenty of cash. cancelo had potential as a winger too, that's a position that fits our current coach's philosophy. let's not forget that we don't have a proper left back backup to rest alex sandro, because marotta someone loaned out spinazzola's replacement. while de ligt and demiral are undeniably good purchases, the fullback department never was weaker since evra's arrival.

and yes, the midfield. imagine if pjanic gets sold as paratici planned (he was on the market last summer, allegedly sarri stopped the sale)...

also, not giving a chance to mandzukic was criminal, and honestly, i don't care whether it was sarri's or paratici's decision. it's probably on sarri, but the club should have intervened, knowing that no other attacker has remotely the same defensive contribution. look at the number of goals we're leaking: if sarri's zonal marking wasn't a big enough change, we simply let go our best player with aerial duels.

and i remember that we started the season with way too many players, and some expensive ones at that. an amateur mistake juve rarely makes.

paratici might be a good scout, he probably knows 30 times the players than our small community at tuz, but as a manager, he is still at the beginning of his learning curve.
Cancelo had to go, he had issues with the players, lack of effort etc... and given we also had to balance the books I'm glad he went and not say Dybala. I still dont get what was so special about cancelo, he wasnt that consistent, yes he was a threat going forward at times but he is not and never was a world class player, there is a reason why city dont play him, infact Danilo seems to be a bigger loss to city for it. Truth be told and without being biased I hold Ricardo pereira in higher esteem because hea consistent and has a better balance both to his defensive and offensive play.

Mandzukic going was always going to be apparent when sarri came in. Again inlove the guy but his technical contribution outside of the box is very limited and was never going to suit sarri for the same reason he didnt fit at bayern when pep arrived.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 208)