Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (126 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Fact is, it didnt happen. Given lukaku's stats this season he is somewhat justifying his price tag even if I cant stand the guy. Even so it doesnt compare to selling Vidal and replacing him with hernanes
Lukaku would never score like that if he were here. We'd also be scoring less in general, due to removing any semblance of creativity we have left. Who would be creating chances for him? Dybala has 12 assists this season in all competitions, Lukaku has 5. This midfield and our fullbacks could never pick up that slack.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Would you accept a Tolisso Burnturdeski exchange?
No more broken goods

- - - Updated - - -

Lukaku would never score like that if he were here. We'd also be scoring less in general, due to removing any semblance of creativity we have left. Who would be creating chances for him? Dybala has 12 assists this season in all competitions, Lukaku has 5. This midfield and our fullbacks could never pick up that slack.
Badass going as far as defending an idea of Tootsie that didn't even materialize lol. Such dedication.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
You have to bare in mind that firstly Lukaku is playing in a different system to what he'd be expected to do at Juve, the only reason we're playing 4-3-1-2 half the time is to accommodate Dybala better than he would fit in a 4-3-3 which Lukaku would do be expected to do well in too. I'm not saying we would be right in selling Dybala, not that it even matters now as nothing ever came of it. Fact remains that Paratici hasn't sold off any key players in the 2 transfer window's he's been in charge of and replaced them with crap. Given I'm not even counting cancelo as one of those key players since half the time he wasn't even trusted to hold his own defensively and Barzagli or some other more defensively sound RB had to come on.
I still maintain that we were right to sell cancelo given the problems he was causing us, whether in exchange for cash and Danilo is a good deal remains to be seen, for the sake of balancing the books it was the only option we had.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Would people like Lorenzo Pellegrini? Juve is linked to him again. His release clause is 30m, payable in two tranches.

There are rumors of exchange but I doubt Roma would take Juve's jarboni for him. They surely consider him nontransferable.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
I'd like to get someone better. He seems like another softy.
We need a Sturaro heir tbh

I miss Stu:sad:

- - - Updated - - -

He's not even a possibility, are the management even looking in that direction?!

I'm talking about names were actually linked to. God knows how many players we should have pursued but never even acknowledged.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Would people like Lorenzo Pellegrini? Juve is linked to him again. His release clause is 30m, payable in two tranches.

There are rumors of exchange but I doubt Roma would take Juve's jarboni for him. They surely consider him nontransferable.
No thanks. We need quality players, high caliber players, not just names to stuff the roster with.

No geezers, no Jabronis or Mini Jabronis, and no overpaid freebies like Fagiot who contribute nothing, take their money and mope and sulk (typical French cunt really).

- - - Updated - - -

Mercato open all year ery day
Mercato Bro. It's not the Supermercado :p

- - - Updated - - -

You're missing the point. Right now we need Dybala but if we get a decent midfield and some proper wingers then Dybala becomes surplus. It's not about who's better, it's about who's more useful for us so if we do use a traditional 4-3-3 then Lukaku fits better than Dybala. Also, Dybala can change the course of a game only if he's in his preferred position which hasn't happened much this season.
I would never endorse a Dybala -Lukaku exchange in any world, universe, or dimension, even if we had a better/more creative midfield. In fact, with a better midfield, Dybala would shine even more, not become surplus to requirements.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
No geezers, no Jabronis or Mini Jabronis, and no overpaid freebies like Fagiot who contribute nothing, take their money and mope and sulk (typical French cunt really).

- - - Updated - - -
Who's your #1 player that's worn a Juve shirt you dislike the most?!

- - - Updated - - -

For me it's Zambrotta due to heartbreak, i loved him as a kid

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I go back and forth on Pellegrini. He has some technique and creativity but probably doesn't run enough to compensate for CR7/Dybala. I would sell Rabiot and replace him with Pellegrini but I wouldn't bend over backwards to buy him.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Who's your #1 player that's worn a Juve shirt you dislike the most?!

- - - Updated - - -

For me it's Zambrotta due to heartbreak, i loved him as a kid
Oh shit. Loool. That's a tough one.

Molinaro, Sturaro, Miccoli, Baiocco, Paramatti, Porrini, Motta, O'Neill, Bachini, Iaquinta and Jorge Martinez all deserve a mention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 108)