Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (126 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012

bye pjanic, that's obvious for a while. every single time this current management let an important midfielder go, we ended up with an inferior player. let's hope it is different this time.
Relax, nothing will be done at this point of the season. There's still a lot of time to the end of the season and it seems like all the leagues will resume eventually.

The good news is that Juve is pushing for Arthur. Hopefully if they don't get the deal done, they'll go elsewhere. Rakitic doesn't make any sense.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Marotta yes, and he would state pjanic wanted out so we met his wishes at the clubs expense. Paratici has yet to take such a stance
i'm convinced that paratici was the brain behind our transfer strategy all along. that's why he got the job, and that's why marotta is still working from his juve notebook.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
If you think Pjanić is slow and lazy and lifeless wait for Arthur.

I'm all for cashing in on Mire and getting Pogba and another midfielder, but let's get some character in this midfield and upgrade it for once instead of just re-arranging deck chairs on Titanic.

- - - Updated - - -

But "Juve did everything in their power to bring him in..."

Last edited:

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Anybody would take Pogba over Arthur but the question is how do you finance the move for possibly one of the most expensive mids in the world? I guess only KDB would cost more.

It's clear as day that Juve has to downsize massively before taking any top player and this will be difficult in the time of corona. Less clubs will be after expensive players, be it in transfer fees or wages, so it'll be difficult to make profit in order to reinvest.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I think we are a bit quick to right off Pjanic.

He has excellent in the first half of the season and his performances completely fell off a cliff after that. Of course Pjanic should take a lot of the blame but I suspect Sarri's insistence on playing him constantly and our team's dismal performances were big factors.

I'm sure Paratici sees his as a last opportunity to cash in on him but if we are selling he has to be replaced by a top player as on his day he is easily our best midfielder.

Apr 17, 2013
If we can't take Pogba, let's focus on a younger project, take Aouar and Tonali for the future. What we want is to get rid of all our useless midfielders, if it is to exchange them for the Barças garbage we will gain nothing in exchange.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

I'm all for cashing in on Mire and getting Pogba and another midfielder, but let's get some character in this midfield and upgrade it for once instead of just re-arranging deck chairs on Titanic.

- - - Updated - - -

Raiola lol sad part is he is probably correct in that statement.

- - - Updated - - -

After the Kean treatment I don't blame him. That was a shot fired at Juve for sure.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
i'm convinced that paratici was the brain behind our transfer strategy all along. that's why he got the job, and that's why marotta is still working from his juve notebook.
Based on last summer's and the winter mercato which of the key players did Paratici sell in order to bring in mediocre replacements?

has he strengthened the core of the defence? most certainly yes
The midfield? to a certain degree it's better on paper than it was last season even if it's by no mean a long term fix which is clearly trying to be addressed this summer. It seems obvious enough to me though if we're giving up Pjanic we aren't signing someone worse and/or older in return, otherwise we would have taken Vidal and or Rakitic by now which to be frank is a marotta thing to do alla Vidal for a washed up hernanes.

- - - Updated - - -

Raiola lol sad part is he is probably correct in that statement.

- - - Updated - - -

After the Kean treatment I don't blame him. That was a shot fired at Juve for sure.
what about De Ligt? What about Demiral? Look at Bentancur this season, it's apparent we are after a younger profile, I think Raiola's words are from an old statement from when we wanted Haaland when he was still relatively unknown.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Marotta yes, and he would state pjanic wanted out so we met his wishes at the clubs expense. Paratici has yet to take such a stance
You do realise we have Paratici who was trying to swap Dybala for Romelu Lukaku and accepted a 60M bid from the Spurs at the last day of the mercato? I'd say he was doing everything in his power to weaken his squad with those deals.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006

- - - Updated - - -

:howler:

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Dybala is a fan favourite but Lukaku will score more than him and I'm sure if we had a creative midfield most people would take that swap. The fact that Ramsey and Rabiot have underperformed, yes keep Dybala for his creativity.

Right now we have an expensive squad in terms of wages. One Pogba is probably worth Rabiot, Ramsey and Pjanic for transfer and wages. If we can cut the likes of Khedira and Rabiot then the possibility of Pogba becomes more real. Also, if Higuain goes we need a replacement for him and that won't be cheap.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Based on last summer's and the winter mercato which of the key players did Paratici sell in order to bring in mediocre replacements?
cancelo-danilo is a massive downgrade. cancelo is a retard, but on his day, a world class fullback, and he is a threat in the attacking 3rd, while danilo is plain mediocre for plenty of cash. cancelo had potential as a winger too, that's a position that fits our current coach's philosophy. let's not forget that we don't have a proper left back backup to rest alex sandro, because marotta someone loaned out spinazzola's replacement. while de ligt and demiral are undeniably good purchases, the fullback department never was weaker since evra's arrival.

and yes, the midfield. imagine if pjanic gets sold as paratici planned (he was on the market last summer, allegedly sarri stopped the sale)...

also, not giving a chance to mandzukic was criminal, and honestly, i don't care whether it was sarri's or paratici's decision. it's probably on sarri, but the club should have intervened, knowing that no other attacker has remotely the same defensive contribution. look at the number of goals we're leaking: if sarri's zonal marking wasn't a big enough change, we simply let go our best player with aerial duels.

and i remember that we started the season with way too many players, and some expensive ones at that. an amateur mistake juve rarely makes.

paratici might be a good scout, he probably knows 30 times the players than our small community at tuz, but as a manager, he is still at the beginning of his learning curve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 120)