Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (31 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
So allegedly we rejected a Pjanic-Vidal swap.

Damn. Arturo burned that bridge, waited for us to rebuild it, snuck back in the middle of the night and burnt it down again :lol:

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Statistically (whoscored.com) Arthur looks quite inferior to Pjanic :shifty:

Haven't really seen much of him live so idk
He's very quick and tidy with the ball. Passes sideways very well. He can run just enough to probably be ok defensively as a B2B. He's basically like Iniesta when he's in his own half. But when he gets in the opponent's half, well.. he's not exactly Iniesta.

May 4, 2020
Again with Arthur :eek:

Already twice said he does not want to leave Barca.
Even if the Barca wants to get rid of him he is under the contract and he does not want to leave.

Same as Rakitic and Umtiti.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Mombly says its either Tonali or Pogba.
Isnt he the same clown who said we are getting Guardiola? If it is - I am not that optimistic...

- - - Updated - - -

Statistically (whoscored.com) Arthur looks quite inferior to Pjanic :shifty:

Haven't really seen much of him live so idk
Well I have seen both.
Pjanic is definitely a better player on paper but is also 2 other things:
1. Seems to have moved on in his head and Im not talking just about the rumors.. Im talking about the last 2 seasons...
2. Pjanic is way older than Arthur

On the other hand you have Arthur who has amazing potential but injuries kind of kept him from really making an impact so I guess this is why Barcelona doesnt mind shipping him out.

Should both be healthy its a win win situation as Barca will improve as they get a quality player who just needs a different environment while we get a quality player instead of someone who doesnt seem to have any grit left for us.

Long term - Obviously should both be healthy Arthur has far more value but since no one knows how fit he will be...

- - - Updated - - -

Again with Arthur :eek:

Already twice said he does not want to leave Barca.
Even if the Barca wants to get rid of him he is under the contract and he does not want to leave.

Same as Rakitic and Umtiti.
Rakitic would accept us IMO but we shouldnt go anyway near him..
As for Arthur - Yeah I dont understand this news - He clearly made his thought known..

Last edited:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Tonali as the marquee signing in midfield is so underwhelming, so meh. That's the kind of move an unambitious team like Roma would celebrate.

Can we get Castrovilli next summer? :boh:

What about Zaniolo?

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.blackwhitereadallover.c...o-2020-serie-a-la-liga-summer-transfer-rumors

Honestly, I would accept a Pjanic-Semedo swap. We need a right back and Pjanic has become surplus requirement recently.

But Arthur would be an excellent signing too.
I would accept a De Shitlio + cash component - Semedo swap but I'm not down with sacrificing our best midfielder, when in form, for a 2nd rate RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)