Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (40 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
https://www.blackwhitereadallover.c...o-2020-serie-a-la-liga-summer-transfer-rumors

Honestly, I would accept a Pjanic-Semedo swap. We need a right back and Pjanic has become surplus requirement recently.

But Arthur would be an excellent signing too.
No, that's just stupid. There are plenty of RBs in Semedos level or better, he is mainly a speedster and like the 3rd RB in Portuguese NT. While Pjanic is much more rare top quality midfielder in more important role, going out and finding a replacement for him more difficult and costly venture. Defenitely not someone you just through away for the first fullback offered to you.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I would take jorgi over arthus, especially since the former is eager to come here, also how much would hakimi cost? Would be a good RB option
I don't want either tbh. Fagjinho is too limited and Arthur seems injury prone with little end product in the final 3rd. I don't want to see Chain Smoking Cancer here beyond 2021 either. Hakimi would probably cost 50 million.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
He's a very good passer, but I see him as average at everything else. He's not physically imposing, he's not particularly quick or agile, and he's not a great threat in the opposition box. I don't see him as an upgrade on Pjanic or Bentancur, and we need someone in midfield who's more dynamic, agile, and a physical presence.

Your suggestion to target someone like Kante was spot on - we need someone of that ilk. We basically need a Matuidi with passing skills and high footballing IQ.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
He's a very good passer, but I see him as average at everything else. He's not physically imposing, he's not particularly quick or agile, and he's not a great threat in the opposition box. I don't see him as an upgrade on Pjanic or Bentancur, and we need someone in midfield who's more dynamic, agile, and a physical presence.

Your suggestion to target someone like Kante was spot on - we need someone of that ilk. We basically need a Matuidi with passing skills and high footballing IQ.
He's a DM and would be a perfect pjanic replacement, and he doesn't need to be any of the things you described above, do you think pirlo was quick or agile? Also of course id love to have kante and sms too but we need to be realistic here. Finally you need midfielders who complement each other, if resources are indeed scarce a midfield of ramsey jorginho bentancur is acceptable and could click imo

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
He's a DM and would be a perfect pjanic replacement, and he doesn't need to be any of the things you described above, do you think pirlo was quick or agile? Also of course id love to have kante and sms too but we need to be realistic here. Finally you need midfielders who complement each other, if resources are indeed scarce a midfield of ramsey jorginho bentancur is acceptable and could click imo
I don't know Bro. I respect your opinion, but I just don't see it. I think a midfield of Ramsey Jorginho and Bentancur is a downgrade, not an upgrade. I also don't think we have a great coach, so that's another aspect working against us, and not in our favor. I wouldn't go to battle with that midfield trio against any of the EPL big guns, Barca, Real, Bayern, or even PSG.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Let's say Kulusevski plays behind Dybala and Ronaldo as a playmaker, we could afford to lose Pjanic and have Jorginho, Bentancur, Matuidi. If Kulusevski plays wing then we'd need a Tonali type. If Costa gets fit we push Kulusevski into midfield and that's enough creativity I'd say. Getting the likes of Paredes does nothing for us tactically.

Anan M

Aug 24, 2012
What about a Verratti-Pjanic swap? Weren't PSG interested in Pjanic? I guess their market value is almost equal (probably Juve will need to add some cash ~10M).

Add to this Tonali and Kulusevski and it might be a proper midfield. If we can find a way to replace Khedira for Castrovilli and Matiudi for someone else it would be superb. I can't see big investment taking place in these circumstances; so SMS or Pogba will have to wait.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Jorginho Bentancur and Matuidi :rofl: :howler:

Way to make the midfield worse than it already is.

Kulusevski is not going to just jump into the starting 11 - let's not overrate him FFS!
When exactly was the last time we paid 40 million for a bench player ? Kulu is definitely bought to step into our starting 11...

- - - Updated - - -

Hakimi will go back to Real Madrid he is on loan from Madrid.

He is great in 3-4-3 I would not bet he would be great in 4-3-3.
They changed formation because of him. He plays as RM or RWB not RB.
Then why the f*ck would he return to Madrid?

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Jorginho is absolutely better in the center of midfield than Pjanic or Bentancur. Very clearly so. These negative posts about it seem like unnecessary hating on him.

Amid field of him, Bentancur and Ramsey would be very good to see.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
It's heartening to see that I am not the only one who would gladly take Jorginho here. He is a sublime passer, and for some reason, vastly underrated around these parts.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm up for suggestions for a better solution for the center of our midfield, because Pjanic has become a liability

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
You guys clearly lack ambition. A starting midfield of Ramsey Bentancur and Jorginho? :rofl: :howler: How is that an upgrade on what we currently have? Please enlighten me.

I'm willing to bet my life we're not winning the CL with that midfield and Chain Smoking Cancer as our coach. Quote me on this.

I'd rather go with younger and hungrier options, if the choice is between the aforementioned midfield and something else. Of course, Pogba is the dream, but I'd take Kante, SMS, Ndombele and even Tolisso ahead of Fagjinho.

- - - Updated - - -

When exactly was the last time we paid 40 million for a bench player ?
Burnturdeski says hi ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)