Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (186 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2006
I am not a member on redcafe
To some people your comments make it seem that you are. Perhaps we are having our Juventus bias.

Let me explain why is it beyond absurd to me:
1. Pogba is one bad(average United) season from being a less than 50M player. His price tag was based on his performances with Juve alone and even we would be taking a risk trying to accommodate 60-70% of his current demands in hope he would be like 'coming back from a holiday' and getting back to football.
2. United are in the middle of a rebuild with a guy that has never won anything before. Their chances of competing, nevermind winning the CL in the next 5 years are at best a single digit. There goes convincing Paul and other superstars without paying a hefty premiums for fits and misfits.
3. Maybe you know United better than their CEO, but posting record profits rarely does wonders for a publicly traded(? or not) company. You are right their owners aren't oil magnates or states, but they aren't the Agnellis either. Nobody wants them in Manchester and their interests are all liquid. That's all to say even outsiders can see they aren't there for the long haul.

On the other hand we have De Ligt whose release clause (insisted upon by Mino) is in the whereabouts of 150 mils. Baring unforeseeable major injuries his value will only rise to us and the world for at least for 5-6 seasons, years after his current contract expires.

PS: As far as I can read United are not going to get Sancho this year. Costa it is then...

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Bananaman

May 14, 2020
he wrote that a pogba - de ligt swap might or might not be a fair exchange. that's what i quoted. and that's completely wrong
Do you know what ''maybe it is, maybe it isn't'' means? It means i am not making any judgement on whether or not it's a fair exchange, I am simply pointing out that this is the type of player united would want in exchange. Your opinion on the merits of the exchange is immaterial to that.

They are interested in Costa if the Sancho deal doesn't work out

Not only if the deal goes through they'll get players in exchange that we deem exchangeable players, they also don't have the upper hand because they have very few suitors and they already decided not to renew Pogba - BECAUSE they think he is dispensable. They'll indeed get their money worth in a possible deal but they can therefore forget about the Dybalas and de Ligts
When did united decide not to renew the contract, when was that announcement made? No such decision has been made by united not to renew, that is a complete fiction. United have no interest in costa, pjanic or any of those other surplus juve players. United's current transfer policy is young hungry players who view moving to united as a step up, these surplus juve players are the polar opposite of what Ole is looking for.

Last edited:

Bananaman

May 14, 2020
1. Pogba is one bad(average United) season from being a less than 50M player. His price tag was based on his performances with Juve alone and even we would be taking a risk trying to accommodate 60-70% of his current demands in hope he would be like 'coming back from a holiday' and getting back to football.
Any player's value can drop after a bad season, united will be hoping he has a good one.
I suppose his value has nothing to do with his performances for france, nobody saw him win the world cup, its only what he did for juve :)

2. United are in the middle of a rebuild with a guy that has never won anything before. Their chances of competing, nevermind winning the CL in the next 5 years are at best a single digit. There goes convincing Paul and other superstars without paying a hefty premiums for fits and misfits.
They are already paying pogba a premium so, i don't see anyone here arguing that they don't need to do that.

3. Maybe you know United better than their CEO, but posting record profits rarely does wonders for a publicly traded(? or not) company. You are right their owners aren't oil magnates or states, but they aren't the Agnellis either. Nobody wants them in Manchester and their interests are all liquid. That's all to say even outsiders can see they aren't there for the long haul.
You claimed that united were screwed financially, i've yet to see any evidence of that...

On the other hand we have De Ligt whose release clause (insisted upon by Mino) is in the whereabouts of 150 mils. Baring unforeseeable major injuries his value will only rise to us and the world for at least for 5-6 seasons, years after his current contract expires.
Ok, so you think it is not a good exchange. That's fine, you can think that, but it doesn't change the reality that this is the kind of player united would want.

PS: As far as I can read United are not going to get Sancho this year. Costa it is then...
Yes, because Sancho and Costa are the only two wingers in existence, there is literally no-one else united could turn to :)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
You don't think that DeLigt would be the type of player that they would ask for in exchange for Pogba? That my point.
that's his point to be precise, and since he's unsellable for the club, and the player doesn't want to leave, it's an absurd suggestion. if manure's people would insist on asking for de ligt, the negotiations would stop before they even started. i mean manure could ask for de ligt, but they'd get a simple "no" in a second. then what?

also, this is brilliant:
...United's current transfer policy is young hungry players who view moving to united as a step up...
manure might or might not be a step up over juventus. let's not make a judgement on this.

Apr 29, 2006
@Bananaman

RE: United are expected to post record LOSSES. My bad. Their CEO prepared the investors.

Regarding Sancho and Costa - maybe you don't get the irony, so I will spell it out - its been said tongue in cheek. But united has mostly right footed players with little experience. I doubt they will keep both Martial and Sancho.

I didn't see the france-pogba-WC part. rofl. He was being played as a DLP there - who is gonna play him there? Why was he being played out of position is a better question.

In short you fail to state the obvious - Pogba is an expensive flop for MU. Nobody is happy. De Ligt is just the opposite for Juventus.

Last edited:

Bananaman

May 14, 2020
that's his point to be precise, and since he's unsellable for the club, and the player doesn't want to leave, it's an absurd suggestion. if manure's people would insist on asking for de ligt, the negotiations would stop before they even started. i mean manure could ask for de ligt, but they'd get a simple "no" in a second. then what?
Let me explain how player exchange deals work. You have to give them a player they want, and they have to give you a player you want. If you are not willing to give them a player they want, or vice versa, then a player exchange cannot happen. So yes, you are right, negotiations would stop before they even started. That was my point all along, you finally got it.

- - - Updated - - -

@Bananaman

RE: United are expected to post record LOSSES. My bad. Their CEO prepared the investors.
Yeah, a thing called corona happened, losses are happening across the board, not just at united.

Regarding Sancho and Costa - maybe you don't get the irony, so I will spell it out - its been said tongue in cheek. But united has mostly right footed players with little experience. I doubt they will keep both Martial and Sancho.
My bad, its hard to tell the tongue in cheek posts from the serious ones in here. Martial plays up front so there is no issue with keeping martial and sancho.

I didn't see the france-pogba-WC part. rofl. He was being played as a DLP there - who is gonna play him there? Why was he being played out of position is a better question.
He played the same role at the world cup that he does at united. Starting plays from deep but with some positional freedom to get forward when the opportunity comes. But maybe you know better than Mourinho, Ole and Deschamps what his best role is, ok.

In short you fail to state the obvious - Pogba is an expensive flop for MU. Nobody is happy. De Ligt is just the opposite for Juventus.
Why do i need to state such a thing, my points are not contingent on that...

Last edited:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Hakimi will go back to Real Madrid he is on loan from Madrid.

He is great in 3-4-3 I would not bet he would be great in 4-3-3.
They changed formation because of him. He plays as RM or RWB not RB.
Fuck hakimi, ricardo Pereira wouldnt cost any more and hes better over all

- - - Updated - - -

Let's say Kulusevski plays behind Dybala and Ronaldo as a playmaker, we could afford to lose Pjanic and have Jorginho, Bentancur, Matuidi. If Kulusevski plays wing then we'd need a Tonali type. If Costa gets fit we push Kulusevski into midfield and that's enough creativity I'd say. Getting the likes of Paredes does nothing for us tactically.
Costa is never getting fit, sell and get ferran torres.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
@Bananaman

First off, welcome to the forums. I really like bananas - they're delicious and full of potassium. Choco Banana smoothies are absolutely divine.

Aside from Juventus, which other teams do you support?

Regarding Pogba, there's no doubt in my mind that reacquiring him would take a monumental effort on our part, but it's improbable NOT impossible.

@Mark

Boga? Aouar? Camavinga? Kalidou Sidibe? Havertz?

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2,651
    @Bananaman

First off, welcome to the forums. I really like bananas - they're delicious and full of potassium. Choco Banana smoothies are absolutely divine.

Regarding Pogba, there's no doubt in my mind that reacquiring him would take a monumental effort on our part, but it's improbable NOT impossible.

@Mark

:think:

players who will not be Juve players next season?

Bananaman

May 14, 2020
    @Bananaman

@Mark

Thanks for the welcome :) I've been a lurker here for a long time, decided i would finally sign up and get involved. Aside from Juve, you can maybe tell I have a soft spot for united too, i watch a lot of their games. So it's really a no lose situation for me whether Pogba stays or goes. I agree its not impossible, if juve pay something close to what united are asking it will happen, i just doubt that Juve can put the money together for such an expensive deal at this difficult time. I think united already have a very good replacement lined up in jack grealish so i don't think it would hurt united a lot, that deal is entirely dependant on pogba going first tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, imagine getting caught up in discussions with the most obvious ratcafe tourist
    I am not a member of redcafe and have no reason to lie about it either, but if i was so what? Are redcafe members banned from signing up here?

Last edited:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    Thanks for the welcome :) I've been a lurker here for a long time, decided i would finally sign up and get involved. Aside from Juve, you can maybe tell I have a soft spot for united too, i watch a lot of their games. So it's really a no lose situation for me whether Pogba stays or goes. I agree its not impossible, if juve pay something close to what united are asking it will happen, i just doubt that Juve can put the money together for such an expensive deal at this difficult time. I think united already have a very good replacement lined up in jack grealish so i don't think it would hurt united a lot, that deal is entirely dependant on pogba going first tho.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not a member of redcafe and have no reason to lie about it either, but if i was so what? Are redcafe members banned from signing up here?
    Good to have you on here, quality posts

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002

- - - Updated - - -

Its ok, you can admit you are a just an United fan, we dont bite here, tho you need to have rabies shot just in case (*looking nervously at BB81*).

Also I'm pretty sure United are in the mess they are by thinking you replace world class top players with likes of Jack Grealish (talented, but it would take 1-2 top talents to replace the impact of someone of Pogbas caliber).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 175)