Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2006
Arthur probably wants some Barca loyalty bonuses, before he exits the scene. Since he won't get transfer fees - and he was on a comparatively lower salary with massive bonuses + increase. Hopefully we won't try to reel him in with massive wages and italian taxes.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Arthur probably wants some Barca loyalty bonuses, before he exits the scene. Since he won't get transfer fees - and he was on a comparatively lower salary with massive bonuses + increase. Hopefully we won't try to reel him in with massive wages and italian taxes.
We can afford it. Offloaded Emre Can in January.
We'll offload Higuain, Khedira and Pjanic this summer. Arthur is not earning a ton currently and even if we offer him an improved contract he's not gonna earn even what Pjanic is currently banking.

Apr 29, 2006
We can afford it. Offloaded Emre Can in January.
We'll offload Higuain, Khedira and Pjanic this summer. Arthur is not earning a ton currently and even if we offer him an improved contract he's not gonna earn even what Pjanic is currently banking.
I have no problem with him getting a deserved salary. But I would be cautious doing another Emre Can or Rabiot transfer. Sure, Pjanic is done here, much older and on a higher salary... but we are not a team fighting for a trophy in the next few years. He is coming in one of the best 5 teams in the world.

May 4, 2020
You act like nobody is asking arthur , does he want transfer to juve...He already said no.

He have 5 million euro salary at Barca. They will sell a lot of players this summer (under the price which they) so if he want big salary he will get it.

Bananaman

May 14, 2020
Hmmm ...let's see Mourinho played him as a cancer, Ole doesn't play him and Deschamps used him as an DLP because France had NO capable DLPs. But Pogba has the 'same' position - somewhere in the middle of a grassy field, kicking a ball, I presume.
Ole has played him whenever he was fit, only resting him in some cup games. So I don't know what you are talking about saying Ole doesn't play him...

Let's talk some quality talk, ah. Mourinho brought 30 years old Matic to take over Pogba. Matic - the 5 time Ballond D'Or winner! Still starting for United and winning titles.
Mourinho bought Matic to be Pogba's partner, not to take over from him.

Also Covidiotism wasn't the reason PSG or City might have financial issues. Falling oil prices are.
I never claimed that covid might cause PSG or City to have financial issues, here is what i said:
''United are better placed to ride out this crisis than almost any other club bar the oil money clubs''
You are trying to refute arguments i didn't even make now, sigh...

Covidiotism isn't why United are in dire straits - greed is. Why are United impacted the most - I would leave to others to explain.
United have the second highest net spend in england over the last 5 years, but apparently greed is the reason the club has struggled to even finish in the top 4, ok.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Pjanic can go to any other top club, we shouldn't be forced into getting Arthur especially as he is a downgrade. We swapped Cancelo for Danilo who is mediocre and will be difficult to get rid of in the future. Put Pjanic up for sale then with the money, get Tonali. Sell the others like Berna and then buy a Zaniolo type.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Pogba - Benta - Arthur

This would be great upgrade. Go all in on midfielders. Sell Pjanic, Khedira and Rabiot and get Arthur and Pogba. Dont touch the attack and the defence. Maybe add de Siglio + money for Semedo and call it a day.

If we signed Pogba on top of Arthur, it woud be great. I hope we can do it. Then Arthur wouldnt need to be main man and instead the complimentary technical little helper he is.

- - - Updated - - -

You think Arthur is a great upgrade to Pjanic?

No, not at all, but if its 1-2 for one deal, where it makes the team younger and more easier to get Pogba financially (Arthur has lower salary, and is 23 year old better book value), then you do it imo. Even if I dont rate Arthur that much, actually a really good player, but just not as a main piece. Without the Pogba part of the equation I wouldnt do it iMO.

I would rather Pjanic be replaced by Verratti or (healthy) Thiago, but that would be asking too much.

Last edited:

Bananaman

May 14, 2020
you forget one thing: pogba wants to leave. keeping an unhappy player won't suit manure at all, so they are obliged to sell asap: after this mercato, pogba's price will drop, even if they exercise their option on a 1-year extension. it's more likely that manure accept depth players in part-exchange than juve giving up on de ligt. let's be real, even rugani would be an upgrade on lindelöf, not to mention rabiot vs fred or soon-to-be-32 matic.

i do think you overestimate your favorite club's bargaining power in this case.
Yes, we know pogba wants to leave, but he will have to accept that it is difficult in the current market.

Rugani an upgrade on Lindelof? I don't think so. United already have Tuanzebe anyway who's a good up and coming talent, no need for Rugani. Fred and matic are already the depth, they don't need replacing with more depth. Also, united are already trying to sign a young midfielder, bellingham, and promising him a senior squad place.

Last edited:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Also Pogba will not come to Juve. Juve does not have cash to make that transfer. Maybe if they offer De Ligt.But that is not going to happen.
Pogba even he does not play is still big name, and offer with 32 year old douglas costa and some cash is so bad deal for them that will not happen.
If Juve wants him they will need to offer way more.
Yes. Absolutely. There's only one problem here. Costa is 29 and not 32, but keep going. Facts aren't important.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
yeah arthur changed his mind according to gds because they have really great insider information...Makes me laugh.
As i read on spain portals arthur does not want to leave as he said already. This story should be done.

They are trying to get rid of rakitic and vidal, but nobody is crazy to buy them for more then 10 mil or swap for Pjanic like they want.

Semedo is probably going to city for cash because they need it to cover the books.
Semedo,Todibo,Cuccurela,Coutinho,Rakitic,Vidal,Neto,Firpo and Umtiti are on transfer list for them.All dead wood except Semedo and Todibo.
So I think there will not be any swaps with Barca.

Also Pogba will not come to Juve. Juve does not have cash to make that transfer. Maybe if they offer De Ligt.But that is not going to happen.
Pogba even he does not play is still big name, and offer with 32 year old douglas costa and some cash is so bad deal for them that will not happen.
If Juve wants him they will need to offer way more.
They've basically flogged most of their promising youngsters from the mythical la masia too :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

isn't that the same thing?
Not quite, if you're referring to whether Arthur is pound for pound a better player than pjanic is very different to whether Arthur is a better suited player for us than pjanic

- - - Updated - - -

He'll turn 30 in September.

But yeah, he's easily 32 in lolzilian years.
still 18 in Nigeria

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We've been taking too many sideways or backwards steps in the midfield for too long, if Pjanic is to be sold it can't be for someone just "good", or someone with potential like Tonali. That isn't making a concerted effort to win the CL, which is what the signing of Ronaldo, and to a lesser extent Higuain and De Ligt, was all about. We could have used the money spent on Ronaldo and Higuain to guarantee further long-term investment by signing four or five talents, if we were thinking about just dominating Serie A and looking to win the CL in 5 year's time.

Current Juve have our own version of "Zidanes y Pavones", which is essentially "Ronaldos e freebies", because we obviously can't even develop a Pavon at this club.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I don't understand why we are desperately pursuing Arthur. Arthur and Tonali alone won't resolve our midfield issues - they're both a combination of young, inconsistent and unreliable talents. They're both raw at this point in time.

We really should be going for 1 talent and 1 WC player. Essentially, Pogba or SMS + Tonali should be the requirement. There's no minimum or maximum requirement in this scenario. Either get those players that can elevate the level of your team or don't bother at all.

We should be entertaining offers for every single one of our midfield players (except Bentancur), Costa, Pjaca, Burnturdeski, Rugani and De Shittlio. Actively try and sell these players or use them in exchange deals. Honestly, half of our squad should be/could be sold, and we would only be losing numbers, nothing in terms of quality.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
I would go for Zaniolo and Tonali.
Keep Matuidi,Bentancur and Pjanic

Drop Khedira.
Don't buy back Mandragora.
Get a Higuain replacement.
Sell Romero o Rugani
Sell Alex Sandro
Keep De Sciglio as Back up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)