Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (79 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 19, 2007
Icardi does not fit how we play currently at all, our lack of goal scoring atm is purely down to the system not the personnel, put most strikers in the world up front for us and their numbers would be down.
We do not need another striker, spend the money on a midfielder for the love of god
If you can offload Higuain for 25 and bring Icardi in for 35 mil its a no brainer

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Icunti won't go for 35. If we pay anything beyond 40 for him, we're getting shafted (his wages shouldn't exceed 7 million either).

Anyway, I don't like him and I don't rate him as highly as some - he's just an Argentinean Immobile, and I don't like that box faced overrated cunt either.

Apr 19, 2007
PSG don't want him
lol ok

- - - Updated - - -

Icunti won't go for 35. If we pay anything beyond 40 for him, we're getting shafted (his wages shouldn't exceed 7 million either).

Anyway, I don't like him and I don't rate him as highly as some - he's just an Argentinean Immobile, and I don't like that box faced overrated cunt either.
He will be in Italy but not Inter most likely. Who do you think he goes to? Napoli? Milan? For 50 mil plus big salary? From what I heard he rejected PSG and they sent him back early. If he wants Juve we will get him for that.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Wages? Haaland, Werner, and Dembele. Young, lots of potential, and focused on their football. Also, they aren't one dimensional players. More importantly, we don't need to bring them in the summer of 2020.
Haaland has Real Madrid written all over him. He already turned us down twice...

Werner might be a good option but Dembele has lots to prove before we can fairly compare him to Icardi...

As much as every Juventino despises him, Icardi is the easy route to a top striker. And we have all the leverage. For Werner there would be an auction with huge competition which complicates things and drives up the price...

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Haaland has Real Madrid written all over him. He already turned us down twice...

Werner might be a good option but Dembele has lots to prove before we can fairly compare him to Icardi...

As much as every Juventino despises him, Icardi is the easy route to a top striker. And we have all the leverage. For Werner there would be an auction with huge competition which complicates things and drives up the price...
I think Madrid are going for Kane, Sane, or Salah. Also, don't forget who Haaland's agent is. If we can get him when he's 21-22 and then sell him when he's 26-27 for 150+ million, Raiola will be a happy man.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I think Madrid are going for Kane, Sane, or Salah. Also, don't forget who Haaland's agent is. If we can get him when he's 21-22 and then sell him when he's 26-27 for 150+ million, Raiola will be a happy man.
Raiola has already said he wants to bring a top player to Madrid. Who that may be exactly remains to be seen.

- - - Updated - - -

Wages? Haaland, Werner, and Dembele. Young, lots of potential, and focused on their football. Also, they aren't one dimensional players. More importantly, we don't need to bring them in the summer of 2020.

Bring in two midfielders (one caliber player and one promising young mid) and go in for Torres from Valencia (he'd be a steal for 45 million).

Sell Rugani, Costa, Pjanic, Romero, and Berna. That should bring in 130 - 150 million. That should cover the transfer fees for Tonali and Pogba. If we could get rid of more players and dead-weight (plus their wages) that would be great.
Sorry but I wholely disagree about Dembele, I'd take Icardi over him just purely on the basis Icardi has been consistent at a higher level in his career. Haaland already will cost more than icardi, Werner potentially there will be a lot of potential suitors ready to offer a lot too

Torres I've stated numerous times I really want and more than prepared to see costa sacrificed for him, and should be our number 1 target for the wing, fuck chiesa and the other pretenders, unless we're going for someone like Mahrez, Torres should be a serious target.

- - - Updated - - -

Luckily PSG will buy him out. They need a CF with Cavani leaving. Also, you never know what will happen with Neymar and Mbappe.
given the current climate i doubt anyone is going to buy Mbappe or Neymar this summer

Last edited:

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
given the current climate i doubt anyone is going to buy Mbappe or Neymar this summer
Given the current climate, I expect there to be quite a few bargains when the transfer season opens, whenever that may be. A lot of clubs are going to be forced to sell/reduce costs quite significantly, which would mean financially healthy clubs could profit.
JJ may fall into the "cost cutting" category, alas.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Why bother going for an old fashioned CF like Icardi or Werner? The game has moved on and its not like we play a style of football where we create chances to be tapped in by a forward who contributes little outside the box.
Agreed. But whilst Werner might be limited, his pace alone causes havoc, surely not as old fashioned and one dimensional as Icardi.

We aren't getting him anyway though.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Why bother going for an old fashioned CF like Icardi or Werner? The game has moved on and its not like we play a style of football where we create chances to be tapped in by a forward who contributes little outside the box.
We don't play that style and create those chances because we have no one to play that final ball to. Chicken or egg question here. If we actually had a decent prima punta we might actually throw in a cross once in a while. We have Cuadrado and Alex Sandro who are more than capable of doing that... But now it's all way too one-dimensional, exactly because we have no prima punta there....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 74)