Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (428 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
He was great under Sarri as well and we could definitely use a decent ball winner in the middle of the park. Bring him in.
exactly. we didn't have any of this type of player since vidal was sold for some modest capital gain. emre can was a meh attempt, otherwise we didn't even try to sign ball winners for the midfield.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
not close enough unfortunately. i honestly like the guy, but matuidi's main strengths like tactical awareness, positioning and engine (or call it grinta) doesn't include touching the ball, tackling or intercepting.

Energetic and excellent at closing but not a true ball winner like a Kante.

I think Bentancur is out biggest ball winner in the squad certainly when you include interceptions.
agreed on the 1st part. about the stats, our best in that regard is actually alex sandro, bentancur is a very close second, with cuadrado 3rd. what is more surprising: even pjanic and rabiot do better than matuidi when it comes to tackles + interceptions combined.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Whats the point in signing Kante? 0 creativity. Ceballos would be a sweet move but he doesn't strike me as a good enough professional for Juventus.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Depends on the price

We should bring in Tonali as well

What's with all the ferran Torres links, is he any good?
Seen too little to actually judge but I watched him against Atletico & Atalanta and he definitely stood out. He is a real threat on the ball, beating his man time and time again. At the right price -as always- he could be a valuable Costa replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 415)