Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (215 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2006
Who said that? Dybi's best position ain't CF...
I am starting to wonder what is Dybala's best position. Granted he ain't ADP, but I don't remember even him having much sway over his partners, nevermind the formation. Top players adapt and fit in any formation.

(IMHO)Dybala is best coming from the right, but doesn't have the stamina to man the wing. I think he should be an wide auxiliary playmaker with a very attacking play. But he needs at least two forwards making runs and a good shooting mid to come for cutbacks.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Report: Juve move for Milik
By Football Italia staff

Juventus have reportedly sounded out Napoli striker Arkadiusz Milik as an alternative to Mauro Icardi and Gabriel Jesus.
According to Tuttosport, Milik ticks several boxes for Juve in that he knows coach Maurizio Sarri well, has “excellent” experience and has “no intention” of staying at the San Paolo.
His contract with Napoli expires in June 2021 so the two seem set to split at the end of the season.
The newspaper also cites Polish sources that claim all of the above has prompted the Bianconeri to move for the 26-year-old.
Milik joined Napoli as a replacement for Gonzalo Higuain in 2016, arriving from Ajax in a €35m deal.
He has scored 12 goals in just 17 starts for Napoli this season and has also been linked with Atletico Madrid, Milan and Schalke.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I am starting to wonder what is Dybala's best position. Granted he ain't ADP, but I don't remember even him having much sway over his partners, nevermind the formation. Top players adapt and fit in any formation.

(IMHO)Dybala is best coming from the right, but doesn't have the stamina to man the wing. I think he should be an wide auxiliary playmaker with a very attacking play. But he needs at least two forwards making runs and a good shooting mid to come for cutbacks.
Second striker behind a targetman is obviously what he does best if you ask me. And yes, he'll naturally occupy the right side more.

He was massive in our 4-2-3-1. If we could make that work with Cristiano, we'd be terrifying. Or a 4-3-2-1 with Dybi & Cristiano freely around a striker.

Whatever we do, it needs serious midfield changes to work.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Once we're linked to Milik, I start to entertain names like Gabriel Jesus and Icardi, lol.

It would suck to lose Douglas Costa though. He's the only proper winger that we have, he suits Sarri's needs perfectly.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
I feel like if we fix our midfield, our attack will be fine as it is. Add Kulu in summer, get ride of Bernie and all will be well.
no doubts .... this year the focus will be on the mid ...finally ...

dream...
Pogba - Tonali in ------------------ Khadera, Pjanic, Costa, Berna out ....

let's refresh the attack next year ....

but isn't the market closed in the summer?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
no doubts .... this year the focus will be on the mid ...finally ...

dream...
Pogba - Tonali in ------------------ Khadera, Pjanic, Costa, Berna out ....

let's refresh the attack next year ....

but isn't the market closed in the summer?
Keep Costa for the bench, put him in Bernie's slot on the bench. When fit, he is excellent to have b/c we don't have anyone that can beat a man like he can.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
We don't need Milik, Icardi or Gabriel Jesus. We have Gonzalo, he should accept lower wage and stay he is super striker and should play with Dybala and Ronaldo together
The sad thing is even if I dont want Icardi or G.Jesus, at least they are very good at their role.. Milik is strong physically and has a good heading skills but he is actually quite average...
Tuttosport headline - Juve Milik and Inter Kean - I much rather have Kean as even if he isnt the player you all claimed he is and even if he isnt as experienced as Milik at least there is something to do with Kean..
Anyway we should avoid any of these names... If we must get one of these names I`d go for G.Jesus but seriously anyone but him would be a disaster.. (G.Jesus would be an ok transfer and not even a bit more than that..)

Jun 7, 2003
The sad thing is even if I dont want Icardi or G.Jesus, at least they are very good at their role.. Milik is strong physically and has a good heading skills but he is actually quite average...
Tuttosport headline - Juve Milik and Inter Kean - I much rather have Kean as even if he isnt the player you all claimed he is and even if he isnt as experienced as Milik at least there is something to do with Kean..
Anyway we should avoid any of these names... If we must get one of these names I`d go for G.Jesus but seriously anyone but him would be a disaster.. (G.Jesus would be an ok transfer and not even a bit more than that..)
Bringing back Kean would be the best option, if he is okay with seating on the bench.
Any of them would be okay, i see Gabriel Jesus and Icardi a level above Millik.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
These names are not good enough. Just use Ronaldo there. Use the money on real wingers and B2B players and finally free us from the need to play Matuidi.

Milik #9, then Ronaldo wing and then, of course, Matuidi in the team to compensate? That's not good enough.

Just do LW-Ronaldo-Dybala (Use Dybala in the "Ronaldo" position as he runs more, it's more balanced).

And some matches just use Ronaldo-Dybala classic 4-4-2.

Or Ronaldo-Dybala 3-5-2

or even

4-3-1-2

Use the money on other positions. Whatever you think of Ronaldo as a #9, he's better than those names, so what's the point.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
These names are not good enough. Just use Ronaldo there. Use the money on real wingers and B2B players and finally free us from the need to play Matuidi.

Milik #9, then Ronaldo wing and then, of course, Matuidi in the team to compensate? That's not good enough.

Just do LW-Ronaldo-Dybala (Use Dybala in the "Ronaldo" position as he runs more, it's more balanced).

And some matches just use Ronaldo-Dybala classic 4-4-2.

Or Ronaldo-Dybala 3-5-2

or even

4-3-1-2

Use the money on other positions. Whatever you think of Ronaldo as a #9, he's better than those names, so what's the point.
Yeah, don't see how to have Ronaldo and a CF playing together in most games.

And you can assemble an extraordinarily talented midfield, but if you don't have width and/or movement in behind a defence, you are going to be forcing the midfield to play in a small space and it will be very difficult for them to operate effectively.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Yeah, don't see how to have Ronaldo and a CF playing together in most games.

And you can assemble an extraordinarily talented midfield, but if you don't have width and/or movement in behind a defence, you are going to be forcing the midfield to play in a small space and it will be very difficult for them to operate effectively.
Which is exactly what we're doing now. A striker with actual depth would help...
The center is as clogged as it can be. Also because opponents know we only have that one shortpassing-through-the-center-strategy...

We had Mandzukic playing with Ronaldo only a year ago and coupled him to Higuain more than a few times. So let's not pretend it can't be done.

Last edited:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Ideal Scenario:

OUT:
De Sciglio 10 million
Danilo 15 million
Rugani 25 million
Romero 20 million
Pjanic 60 million
Khedira Free
Berna 25 million
Costa 30 million

IN:
Tonali 40 million
Pogba 90 million or Aouar 70 million
Torres 45 million
Versatile FB 25 million
Veteran CB 10 million

Go all in for Haaland in the summer of 2021.

This kid is going to be special

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boubakary_Soumaré

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Ideal Scenario:

OUT:
De Sciglio 10 million
Danilo 15 million
Rugani 25 million
Romero 20 million
Pjanic 60 million
Khedira Free
Berna 25 million
Costa 30 million

IN:
Tonali 40 million
Torres 45 million
Versatile FB 25 million
Veteran CB 10 million

We already spent 40 on Kulusevski... Even with all those sales, I guess we do not have that kind of money lying around.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Ideal Scenario:

OUT:
De Sciglio 10 million
Danilo 15 million
Rugani 25 million
Romero 20 million
Pjanic 60 million
Khedira Free
Berna 25 million
Costa 30 million

IN:
Tonali 40 million
Torres 45 million
Versatile FB 25 million
Veteran CB 10 million

That's never gonna happen.
30 year old and out of form Pjanic is worth 30 mil., max and that if we are lucky to find some desperate club to pay it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 208)