Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (147 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Those 2 salaries alone could cripple us, though.

I don't have any idea how to make it work, but thankfully that is not my job.

Don't get me wrong, to see the 2 greatest players of the last 20 years on the same club would be absolutely fucking amazing. Probably unheard of in the history of this sport.
I am sure just as the way we found a way to sign Ronaldo it will be the same with Messi and new tax laws can provide us with an advantage over other clubs

- - - Updated - - -

Dzeko is still a productive player. He’s older than Higuain but doesn’t look nearly as washed.
Still it is a lot of money for 34 year old striker whose form and fitness over two years will be a question mark unless he takes a wage cut

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
I am happy with either IF the money involved does not hamper our efforts to strengthen other positions in the squad that need it, i like Dzeko as a player, and Suarez' track record (as much of an absolute cunt as he is) speaks for itself.
I would rather Dzeko out of the 2 because i think he will age better and has a profile that suits us better.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Wouldn't the club have come out and said we aren't trying to sign Messi if we weren't actually inquiring? :shifty:

Seems like a crazy rumor the club wouldn't want growing if it wasn't true?

Mar 10, 2009
Wouldn't the club have come out and said we aren't trying to sign Messi if we weren't actually inquiring? :shifty:

After the Ronaldo signing, I have learned not to rule out anything. I think the two may actually want to play next each other as a last hurrah.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
After the Ronaldo signing, I have learned not to rule out anything. I think the two may actually want to play next each other as a last hurrah.
I posed the question in GOATs thread. What if they actually do want to play together one time before they hang up their boots? And why not? It's like a dream team scenario.

I mean guys, if Messi can free up his contract and our tax laws benefiting Italy over EPL/French teams, I don't think its all that crazy to think about it.

All I see is that photo earlier from the week with Pirlo talking to Paratici/Nedved and Ronaldo on the other side giving a thumbs up :grin:

What a clamorso tectonic shift this would be lol

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013

If it wasn’t for covid and leaving the CL so early and missing out on the $$$ I wouldn’t rule it out. I mean we got Ronaldo.

But do we have that kind of money now? And players Barça would be interested in?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
If it wasn’t for covid and leaving the CL so early and missing out on the $$$ I wouldn’t rule it out. I mean we got Ronaldo.

But do we have that kind of money now? And players Barça would be interested in?
If we manage to clear the books of these high earners, and we have Italy's tax laws in our favor for high earning foreigners AND Messi becomes a free agent? I'd say if the stars are aligned like they were with Ronaldo we could have GOATs instead of a GOAT :grin:

- - - Updated - - -

You can never have too many GOATs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 143)