Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (75 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
I posed the question in GOATs thread. What if they actually do want to play together one time before they hang up their boots? And why not? It's like a dream team scenario.

I mean guys, if Messi can free up his contract and our tax laws benefiting Italy over EPL/French teams, I don't think its all that crazy to think about it.

All I see is that photo earlier from the week with Pirlo talking to Paratici/Nedved and Ronaldo on the other side giving a thumbs up :grin:

What a clamorso tectonic shift this would be lol
Imagine this: We have him in the bag, but we fail to offload Gonzalo and the transfer doesnt happen. Salas - Ronaldo style. :lol:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Let Barcelona be an example. They only purchase the most expensive attackers in the hope they can outscore everyone but they've been brutally exposed in the CL by Roma, Liverpool and Bayern in recent years. They neglected the defence and midfield and look at them now in total disarray. Let Liverpool be the example of buying the correct players for a system then working hard on their game. Messi is the last person we need.

Jun 16, 2020
I posed the question in GOATs thread. What if they actually do want to play together one time before they hang up their boots? And why not? It's like a dream team scenario.

I mean guys, if Messi can free up his contract and our tax laws benefiting Italy over EPL/French teams, I don't think its all that crazy to think about it.

All I see is that photo earlier from the week with Pirlo talking to Paratici/Nedved and Ronaldo on the other side giving a thumbs up :grin:

What a clamorso tectonic shift this would be lol
I was just a reader back then, but I’d like to see this forum plane tracking again.

And it seemed like the world exploded when Ronaldo signed for us, I’d love to see that explosion another time.

Apr 19, 2007
Wouldn't the club have come out and said we aren't trying to sign Messi if we weren't actually inquiring? :shifty:

Seems like a crazy rumor the club wouldn't want growing if it wasn't true?
All publicity is good publicity. Being linked to Mess is much better than what we had last week where everyone in the world seemed to say we were broke from Ronaldo and offloading players to stay solvent

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
All publicity is good publicity. Being linked to Mess is much better than what we had last week where everyone in the world seemed to say we were broke from Ronaldo and offloading players to stay solvent
:agree: Probably the same reason we aren't denying Messi is the same reason we didn't do much to deny Pep last summer.

Free publicity is good.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Which we are fixing....
Maybe.. We are trying but I guess we will se the results next season.
We got Arthur for Pjanic.
While I do rate him as a great talent he is not the finished product yet and we do not know how he performs for us.
The American - I dont know him and so does most of the forum while whoever did watch him said he is a nobody...
Aside for that we didnt sign another midfielder

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
I'm not being negative, I'm giving you an honest opinion. If we don't win it next year with a 36 year old Ronadlo, a 35 year old Dzeko, and a 34 year old Messi, how would things possibly shape up any better in the future?
Our revenues will sky rocket and stay there even after they leave. So we will have a shit load of money to find their replacaments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)