Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (71 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
There are a good number of possibilities for Dybala - Dzeko (center) Ronaldo (left) on paper Dybala right but let him wonder all over the front. and come back to the midfield to pick up balls like he played under Sarri after Covid 19 break. He never was a pure center . That can be in a 4-3-3 in a 4-3-2-1 in a 4-3-1-2 even in a 3-4-2-1 , 3-4-3 or 3-4-1-2.
Thats the idea i have in mind for him, in fact this is the way i envisioned dybala since ronaldo came. But things have not gone smoothly. Now Dybala is on a way better physical and mental form, so lets hope Pirlo find a solution that makes us use the 2 of them and a striker

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Wanting Paratici's head bc we didn't have competent backup for attack last season. Panicking and wanting Paratici's head now bc we're signing competent backup. :lol:

And bringing back a 20 year old who flourished with us just 2 seasons ago, would count towards the HG quota, and be eligible for the B squad for CL.

I don't know. I just don't anymore. If it were only Dzeko, quite frankly, I would be pissed, as this would have done nothing to bring the age down. But combine him with Kean? I'm all in.

Sashazulu

Jan 19, 2017
Kulusevski is just as good as an attacking midfielder as he is a winger. Arguably better.

It would not surprise me the least to see Kulu play mostly as AM here
Yes he can agreed we have possibilities but still that does not mean we need another winger. He can play there if needed and he plays well
Saw him a good number of times with Parma and most of the time he was on the wing. he plays also sometimes in midfield and 1 time as trequartista.

Last edited:

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
He's definitely slower. Who's better currently overall, him or Dzeko?
99 percent of the Barce fanbase are happy to get rid of him for free is the same situation with us and higgy they see how he has no legs or mobliity left

Dzeko 19 goals and 14 assists

Sureaz 21 goals and 11 assists

One plays for Roma and the other plays for Barce with Messi behind him so which you think is better? Suarez has not scored away in Champions League for 5 years so thats another reason not to buy.
Most important thing is that Dzeko is a better fit beside Ronaldo than Sureaz its not just about who is better.

Sashazulu

Jan 19, 2017
Thats the idea i have in mind for him, in fact this is the way i envisioned dybala since ronaldo came. But things have not gone smoothly. Now Dybala is on a way better physical and mental form, so lets hope Pirlo find a solution that makes us use the 2 of them and a striker
I thought they played very well together the second part of the season. In the first part much less but they had to know each other better cause the 2 unusual players.
Now that they know each other it should not be a problem.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
And bringing back a 20 year old who flourished with us just 2 seasons ago, would count towards the HG quota, and be eligible for the B squad for CL.

I don't know. I just don't anymore. If it were only Dzeko, quite frankly, I would be pissed, as this would have done nothing to bring the age down. But combine him with Kean? I'm all in.
lol same thing I said earlier.

Bring in an experienced striker that you KNOW will score goals and give him a 20 year old former Juve striker (that we know thrives here) to rotate with and you got a happy medium. 2 years from now we cash in on a WC striker if Kean doesn't level up to lead the attack.

This summer is ALL ABOUT the midfield. All the players we have signed so far are under the age of 24 (Arthur, Kulu, Pellegrini, Romero, Texas).

We are heading in the right direction IMO...at least based off the rumors so far.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
99 percent of the Barce fanbase are happy to get rid of him for free is the same situation with us and higgy they see how he has no legs or mobliity left

One plays for Roma and the other plays for Barce with Messi behind him so which you think is better? Suarez has not scored away in Champions League for 5 years so thats another reason not to buy.
Most important thing is that Dzeko is a better fit beside Ronaldo than Sureaz its not just about who is better.
Given his loss of speed, I assume he can't jump and head anymore either?

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Juventus mean business with Messi
Football Italia

Comments

After L’Equipe, now Spanish newspaper AS also claim Juventus have been in contact with Lionel Messi’s entourage and are options along with Manchester City, PSG and Inter.

The Argentina legend is locked in a legal battle with Barcelona, as both club and player are convinced the contract clause backs their position.

Barca insist it expired on June 10, Messi that the date should automatically shuffle along because the season did not end until mid-August.

Now Marca report via Football Espana that Barcelona have fired law firm Cuatrecasas, because they seemingly helped Messi and his lawyers work out a strategy to leave the club.

If Messi does manage to leave Camp Nou as a free agent, then Juventus would be the main competition for Manchester City, claim L’Equipe and AS.

Both those papers in France and Spain assure Juve have been in contact with Messi’s entourage to enquire about the situation and make it clear they are interested in this astonishing swoop.

It would enable Messi to play alongside Cristiano Ronaldo for the first time in their careers, although the inevitable problem then would be deciding who gets the larger salary.

Manchester City remain the favourites thanks to Pep Guardiola’s presence and their financial status now the FFP row with UEFA has passed.

Inter are a little further behind, in part because Antonio Conte wouldn’t even necessarily want someone like Messi dominating his squad and forcing a change of tactics.

PSG already have Neymar and would welcome a reunion to finally end their Champions League taboo.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

But he also payed 7 more matches and 900 more minutes than Suarez this season. Let's be fair when we are trying to compare numbers here. And yes, he played with Messi last year. But he would also be playing with Dybala and Ronaldo this year

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Suarez is physically slower/heavier then ever before, but Dzeko has allways been slow. Dzeko is a better fit as a targetman/hold up player, but Suarez is better scorer/attacker still, he has more goals and pretty much similar assists numbers while playing 17-8 games less then he should because of injuries. Barca and Roma are a difference, but its a difference in the reverse too, Dzeko is the entire focus of Roma attack, Suarez isnt.

I'm fine either way, but would say Suarez is bit better multi-triple level threat attacker, even if injuries wrecked him, and he barely scores on away anymore. Big game matches is what dissapoints me the most with Suarez past 2 years.

I'm fine with choosing Dzeko over him mainly because even if I rate Suarez slightly more still, he has more of risk of declining because he relies more on his physicality/speed, and he is completely spent there now compared to before. Defenitely not athletic anymore.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
I'm not being negative, I'm giving you an honest opinion. If we don't win it next year with a 36 year old Ronadlo, a 35 year old Dzeko, and a 34 year old Messi, how would things possibly shape up any better in the future?
I can understand your worry about dzeko but Ronaldo and Messi still deliver the champions League and perform at the highest level

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I can understand your worry about dzeko but Ronaldo and Messi still deliver the champions League and perform at the highest level

Those 2 salaries alone could cripple us, though.

I don't have any idea how to make it work, but thankfully that is not my job.

Don't get me wrong, to see the 2 greatest players of the last 20 years on the same club would be absolutely fucking amazing. Probably unheard of in the history of this sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 58)