Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (72 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
He won't play CDM for them, simple as that.
Yeah, I meant to imply that they won't be using him there.

Their midfield now comprises of Busquets, De Jong, Vidal, Rakitic and Arthur. Already in need of rejuvenation, swap Arthur for Pjanic and that midfield is old as fuck and still short a man.

I imagine they'd like up like this:

Pjanic-De Jong-Vidal

With old, alcoholic Tio Vidal as the physical presence that's a pretty lethargic midfield. Unless they plan on making another big signing for midfield.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Yeah, I meant to imply that they won't be using him there.

Their midfield now comprises of Busquets, De Jong, Vidal, Rakitic and Arthur. Already in need of rejuvenation, swap Arthur for Pjanic and that midfield is old as fuck and still short a man.

I imagine they'd like up like this:

Pjanic-De Jong-Vidal

With old, alcoholic Tio Vidal as the physical presence that's a pretty lethargic midfield. Unless they plan on making another big signing for midfield.
De Jong doesn't play in the middle though. I guess that says a lot about their current management

De Jong - Biscuit - Pjanic

The true motivation here is plusvalenza I believe. Arthur is dispensable for them, while they badly need a #9 - Lautaro. Suarez can play here and there but it's definitely time to move on.
For that you need cash and some book-manipulations to make it look more affordable. They also consider selling Semedo. So that Pjanic + MDS for Arthur deal looks good for their books.

In the end they're in a situation similar to Juve - huge paychecks given to too many players, an ageing here and there squad with no capacity to rebuild, even before covid. Now it is even worse, you need to trade your players and in this market it'll be difficult to sell oldies/flops on big paychecks. So you end up with creative accounting as last resort.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
and he's off to Real...
Pogba is more talented but that ship has sailed and he'll cost a lot. Don't get me wrong id like to get him back but Fabio hijacking a VDB deal would be more future proof and good value for money. This why Madrid are preferring him to Pogz

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Pogba is more talented but that ship has sailed and he'll cost a lot. Don't get me wrong id like to get him back but Fabio hijacking a VDB deal would be more future proof and good value for money. This why Madrid are preferring him to Pogz
VDB is younger, cheaper and will earn less. Plus he's coming off a decent season, unlike Pogba who has been plagued by injuries.

Last but not least, the attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 70)