Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (72 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 3, 2014
The real solution is getting rid of FFP. The big teams don't really get punished if they are in violation (see PSG), and all it does is stop middling teams from becoming elite. Milan, and Inter have been handcuffed due to FFP and have been delayed by 5+ years because of that stupid rule. Roma needs to constantly sell players. FFP limits equity contribution which is stupid since that is the company literally pouring money into the club. It's not debt. It's not going to make the company insolvent. FFP is just a way of protecting big teams from smaller teams getting larger. But the problem is the EPL is growing like crazy and those smaller teams can actually afford to sign bigger players, meaning that Serie A and La Liga are stuck. They cannot grow their brands because it is very difficult for teams outside the top 3 to actually move into the elite.

Serie A is ****ed right now due to 3 reasons:
- FFP, which keeps the Milans down, and suppresses TV deals.
- Red tap in Italy preventing new arenas
- A complete drought in elite Italian talent (2 of the most promising ones Cassano and Balotelli ended up having serious personality problems)

If I'm the FIGC, I lobby for tax free player salaries. Turn it into a tax haven and give yourself a real advantage.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
The real solution is getting rid of FFP. The big teams don't really get punished if they are in violation (see PSG), and all it does is stop middling teams from becoming elite. Milan, and Inter have been handcuffed due to FFP and have been delayed by 5+ years because of that stupid rule. Roma needs to constantly sell players. FFP limits equity contribution which is stupid since that is the company literally pouring money into the club. It's not debt. It's not going to make the company insolvent. FFP is just a way of protecting big teams from smaller teams getting larger. But the problem is the EPL is growing like crazy and those smaller teams can actually afford to sign bigger players, meaning that Serie A and La Liga are stuck. They cannot grow their brands because it is very difficult for teams outside the top 3 to actually move into the elite.

- A complete drought in elite Italian talent (2 of the most promising ones Cassano and Balotelli ended up having serious personality problems)

If I'm the FIGC, I lobby for tax free player salaries. Turn it into a tax haven and give yourself a real advantage.
Financial Fair Play (FFP) was established by UEFA to make sure that football clubs were not spending more than they earned and, in doing so, prevent them from falling into financial troubles which may endanger their long-term survival – and, in their words, "improve the overall financial health of European football".

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
That article is an opinion, these are Raiola's words.

And "always play" is pretty much asking for a starting spot.
That's how you interpret it. I think Kean and Raiola would have been happy to be first off the bench at Juve over more playing time at Everton. But unfortunately we still have Higuain and Mandzukic on our books, so leaving Juve made more sense

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Raiola made it clear many times that he needs to play.

Could we guarantee him a starting place? No.

There has not been a single instance of Kean demanding a starting spot in Juve.

- - - Updated - - -

When he said that Kean wasnt playing AT ALL for whole of first half of the season (hence why he was close to being loaned out). Not even 10 minute subs. 2nd half changed all of that, he was nr one off the bench with several starts. There is difference wanting more minutes, to demanding starting spot. Raiola is an ass, but he is not illogical, he was hardly demanding starting spot in stacked attacked, but more playing time.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005

Re the last paragraph, how would that play with the general public in Italy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 67)