Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (45 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Mercato closes on September 2nd.
Wrong.

Serie A transfer deadline

Italy was the only other league to bring its deadline forward last summer, and it will once again shut before Serie A starts.
The market will open on July 1 and is expected to close at 8 p.m. CET on Friday, Aug. 23 -- the day before the Serie A season kicks off. Free agents can still be signed, and clubs can still sell or loan players to leagues where the transfer window remains open.

Edit: just googled and saw conflicting reports WTF

Leendiz

Feb 14, 2018
Spinazzola got us money but we did lose a good backup
Kean is good but its not that he is some kind of Ronaldo.. We sold a bench player with promising future although not Ronaldo type of future..
Dybala hasnt been sold yet and if we do sell him we will get someone..
You seem to really underrate Higuain
Cancelo - Like most of the forum you overrate a player`s contribution for our team! Yeah he can attack but he couldnt really defend...
Danilo - I cant really comment on him as I dont feel I have seen enough to get a clear impression but I can tell you that a blind man can defend better than Cancelo so Im pretty sure Danilo can defend better too..

Like everything its about balance!
GK - Same 1st GK but better bench GK..
Defense - Do I need to convince you that our defense is now better?
Midfield - We got an even bigger upgrade than in defense..
Attack - This is the only place nothing substantial happened.. We are quite the same as last year but Higuain for Kean - Right now Higuain is the better player but I`ll keep it as same as last year

So overall Defense and Mid improved while attack is the same - How can you seriously say its a bad mercato?! Im starting to think you might be trolling here..
Cancelo defending wise was awful but he’s young and full of potential I’m not sad he’s gone but as I said if Danilo is a failure it’s not a good move, as far as the defence being stronger I don’t see how that’s true when we’ve gone from Cancelo Sandro De Sciglio spinazzola to Danilo Sandro de Sciglio? There’s more to a defence than the central players if we sign another lb and Danilo fits then yeah sure but you can’t judge a mercato by if buts and maybes, midfield is a lot better but attack is no better than last year. These last few days will decide if it’s an average window or a good one.... and no I’m not a troll I’ve supported this club for 27 years

- - - Updated - - -

Window shuts Friday not September so In a few days all this will be over thank fk lol

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Cancelo defending wise was awful but he’s young and full of potential I’m not sad he’s gone but as I said if Danilo is a failure it’s not a good move, as far as the defence being stronger I don’t see how that’s true when we’ve gone from Cancelo Sandro De Sciglio spinazzola to Danilo Sandro de Sciglio? There’s more to a defence than the central players if we sign another lb and Danilo fits then yeah sure but you can’t judge a mercato by if buts and maybes, midfield is a lot better but attack is no better than last year. These last few days will decide if it’s an average window or a good one.... and no I’m not a troll I’ve supported this club for 27 years

- - - Updated - - -

Window shuts Friday not September so In a few days all this will be over thank fk lol
Cancelo is hopeless defensive wise - Saying things like he can improve - Yeah but not to a degree of him being decent at defending - Allegri preferred MDS over him in many games and its not because Allegri is stupid as he is actually very wise!
Depth wise - We lost Spinazzola so LB position has weakened in terms of depth
CB - I rate both MDL and Demiral higher than Bonucci so we obviously strengthened ourselves in that area + We are probably set for years..
RB - Its the Cancelo thing so you can say we lost attacking strength in this position but our defense is clearly better and its about balance - I wouldnt want a player who can defend but do nothing when attacking and I wouldnt want the opposite as well...
Cancelo certainly dont fit this bill and Danilo - Lets wait and see.. (I wont put an x on him before giving him a chance)

As I said before the only area of the team that might (up to debate) have weakened is our manager and as I said about Danilo - Im not going to give an opinion about him being good or bad until we get a clear indication from competitive games...

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Wrong.

Serie A transfer deadline

Italy was the only other league to bring its deadline forward last summer, and it will once again shut before Serie A starts.
The market will open on July 1 and is expected to close at 8 p.m. CET on Friday, Aug. 23 -- the day before the Serie A season kicks off. Free agents can still be signed, and clubs can still sell or loan players to leagues where the transfer window remains open.

Edit: just googled and saw conflicting reports WTF
No. The mercato closes on September 2nd. It was moved to be in line with the rest of the major european leagues.

https://sport.sky.it/calciomercato/...mercato-serie-a-mondo-2019-data-chiusura.html
https://gianlucadimarzio.com/it/calciomercato-sessione-estiva-date-chiusura-italia-mondo-2019
https://www.goal.com/it/notizie/cal...zia-quando-finisce/1b331rxctq0gl1vgtgmu1fe3uq

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Honestly, everyone should get their act together and agree to shut the market at the same time in the 3rd week in August when most leagues have started.
Should is a nice word as I can say it on so many things
People should be tolerant to each other
People shouldnt fight over religion
City should have got a more severe punishment..
Fifa should have made clean WC hosting bid and shouldnt have taken Qatar`s money..

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
On other news - We are now linked with Suarez - I hate to say it but I rather have Icardi (Still rather not than get him though) ... Suarez is clearly better but he is 32 already and his value both money wise and skill wise is going to take a major drop..

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

Neymar-Dybala-Suarez
What intrigue!
Summit in Paris with PSG: Argentine’s agents because Tuchel wants Paulo before the Brazilian leaves
In Barcelona, meeting between Paratici and the Catalans, who put the Uruguayan on the table and propose a Rakitic-Emre Can exchange
Rugani-Roma or Barca
Marchisio: ‘No to Suning, because I am Bianconero’

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Rakitic is way better. Better then most our mids. Main issue is his age.
Rakitic might be better but he is still meh in my books - Never rated him and always thought about him as average..
I`d play Ramsey Pjanic Rabiot before I`d play Rakitic and I dont think Rakitic will be brought as a sub if he does arrive..

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Rakitic might be better but he is still meh in my books - Never rated him and always thought about him as average..
I`d play Ramsey Pjanic Rabiot before I`d play Rakitic and I dont think Rakitic will be brought as a sub if he does arrive..
Ramsey fitness is a big question mark plus Khedira and Matuidi are past their prime

- - - Updated - - -

Dybala has already booked his flight to Paris, According to Gianni Balzarini

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Ramsey fitness is a big question mark plus Khedira and Matuidi are past their prime

- - - Updated - - -

Dybala has already booked his flight to Paris, According to Gianni Balzarini
Seems right as we all know he is going there..
Agree about Ramsey so maybe this is why we are after him.. He is kind of a temp until next season when we try hard for Pogba and Eriksen..

james95

Sep 2, 2018
Ra
Rakitic is a class above Can. His football IQ is elite even though he has declined a bit. I’d swap them instantly.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Ra

Rakitic is a class above Can. His football IQ is elite even though he has declined a bit. I’d swap them instantly.
Dont know about a class above Can although I agree about the football IQ thing.
I see Rakitic as cm who can attack and defend well and thats it
I see Can as a player who is quite good at defending but I dont recall him attacking too much..
Rakitic vs Can - Same price and wages aka straight swap?! Still a No from me as I think we can get money from Can while selling Rakitic would be much tougher..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)