Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (37 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Icardi, Higuain
Ronaldo, Costa
Bernardeschi, Cuadrado

I know some posters dislike the idea of the recent transfer moves, but that is a monster front line. I wonder if Sarri's low rotation policy will satisfy a squad like ours. Those 6 will want/deserve to play. If we don't sign Icardi and we end up with only Higuain then we can also play Ronaldo in the center and Costa and Bernardeschi on the wings. That's a possibility I think. Probably next year we replace one of Costa or Cuadrado with Chiesa.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you expect his price to be?
I agree with Orgut. For 30-40m we would have signed Icardi in June. His price will likely be 60m - 70m. Still worth it imo, that's a discount for a player like him. If the captain armband nonsense didn't happen his price would be around 120m.

Liviu

Jan 10, 2015
IMO it's quite the opposite with Icardi...the more time goes, the cheaper he gets. Why? Cause they will sign Lukaku and they'll be spending 65M = 10M in bonuses for a starter. They decided Icardi is not part of their plans and thus have gotten replacements and that leaves Icardi on their wage bill, who only wants Juve. A deal can be easily reached with Icardi so I'll guess we'll leave it when there will be like 5 days till the end to shatch him.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Icardi, Higuain
Ronaldo, Costa
Bernardeschi, Cuadrado

I know some posters dislike the idea of the recent transfer moves, but that is a monster front line. I wonder if Sarri's low rotation policy will satisfy a squad like ours. Those 6 will want/deserve to play. If we don't sign Icardi and we end up with only Higuain then we can also play Ronaldo in the center and Costa and Bernardeschi on the wings. That's a possibility I think. Probably next year we replace one of Costa or Cuadrado with Chiesa.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with Orgut. For 30-40m we would have signed Icardi in June. His price will likely be 60m - 70m. Still worth it imo, that's a discount for a player like him. If the captain armband nonsense didn't happen his price would be around 120m.
Ronaldo WC
Higuain still good but isnt amazing
Icardi - Not better than Higuain...
Bernardeschi - Overrated..
Cuadrado - Underrated but it doesnt make him a Neymar or something.. He is good option for rotation
D.Costa - I think he is very good when playing but he gets injured too often..

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Ronaldo WC

Cuadrado - Underrated but it doesnt make him a Neymar or something.. He is good option for rotation
:eek:rgut:

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Ronaldo WC
Maybe if you are comparing to Messi, Neymar, Suarez of Barca 2015. Otherwise this is one of the best frontlines in football, absolutely.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
It is the truth though.. Icardi isnt that great as people makes him to be.. You disagreeing doesnt make him better..
Icardi is only lighter than Higuain and thats why when its Icardi vs Higuain I`d take Icardi but when it comes to everything else Icardi is equal at best..
Bernardeschi - Why is he that great - I would be happy to get an explanation as the only positive I remember regarding him was that penalty he got us vs Atl Madrid...

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe if you are comparing to Messi, Neymar, Suarez of Barca 2015. Otherwise this is one of the best frontlines in football, absolutely.
Change Dybala and Icardi (current situation) and we have an even better one IMO

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
2/10 mercato so far
De Ligt means we added the best addition to our defense
Cancelo left but its not like he was that important as otherwise Allegri wouldnt have benched his ass so many times...
Midfield - Do I need to say anything?! Our mid is at least twice as good as it was last year
Attack - We got Higuain now but we appear to lose Dybala and we still dont know if we get another player but we probably get Icardi

So overall:
Defense - Stronger
Midfield - Stronger
Attack - Lets say its the same as this can be argued..

How is this a 2/10 mercato is beyond me..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)