Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (57 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagicAardvark

Jul 20, 2006
We seem to be going crazy with the wages these days.

Got to wonder how sustainable this is and whether we are going to have issues in a few seasons when we inevitably try to get rid of him.
So looks like:
Cancelo is on 3 mil
Danilo is currently on 5 mil,

so its a meet half way kind of deal. I dont imagine Danilo wants to almost half his salary by taking Cancelos pay.

Buy on AliExpress.com

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
So looks like:
Cancelo is on 3 mil
Danilo is currently on 5 mil,

so its a meet half way kind of deal. I dont imagine Danilo wants to almost half his salary by taking Cancelos pay.
Cancelo earns €5.25 gross. Danilo will earn €5.1 gross.

€1M net in England costs €1.8 gross.
€1M net in Italy costs €1.27 gross.

Manchester would be paying about €9.1M in income statement expenses to pay him €5M.. We would pay only €6.4M. And at €4M only €5.1M gross, less than Cancelo’s €5.25M.

Juventus is actively looking for swaps in order to reduce their payroll, which will give them capital gains and capacity for further signings. I don’t like this deal but if this leads to acquisitions of guys like Pogba, Eriksen or Neymar, I’m all for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
We seem to be going crazy with the wages these days.

Got to wonder how sustainable this is and whether we are going to have issues in a few seasons when we inevitably try to get rid of him.
With the new tax laws, the net effect on our books will be the same.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
We must live in different environments then. I suppose in your society there is no respect for one another or to any ideals and ideas and that''s just sad to me. Then again, it might just be you...

Getting back to Pogba. To you it may not be a big deal and to me it is. He had possibilities to handle it way better, but he did not care enough to do so. So yeah, he can go f... off as far, as i'm concerned. And i do not think our board looked enough for the alternatives. Last few rumours makes me question their decision making a lot.
It is not just him but at least half of the world population are like him. You know, the people that adore Trump, Putin, Xi Jinping, Duterte, Salvini , Orban. They are the same as the people they vote for or keep in power. That is the plain truth.

Изпратено от моят HUAWEI LYO-L21 с помощта на Tapatalk

Boksic

May 11, 2005
With the new tax laws, the net effect on our books will be the same.
Are the tax laws permanent or for a limited period? I thought I had read that they only apply for the first 2 years. Even if you don't look at the Danilo deal, the quoted 9m for Lukaku was mental, plus the existing salaries we have e.g. Khedira.

Regardless of the cost to the club, the player will see no difference in their pocket each month, it's going to be difficult selling a guy like Danilo on 4m net in a couple of seasons.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #10,509
    Cancelo earns €5.25 gross. Danilo will earn €5.1 gross.

€1M net in England costs €1.8 gross.
    €1M net in Italy costs €1.27 gross.

Manchester would be paying about €9.1M in income statement expenses to pay him €5M.. We would pay only €6.4M. And at €4M only €5.1M gross, less than Cancelo’s €5.25M.

Juventus is actively looking for swaps in order to reduce their payroll, which will give them capital gains and capacity for further signings. I don’t like this deal but if this leads to acquisitions of guys like Pogba, Eriksen or Neymar, I’m all for it.

new law on taxes in effect already?

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
    Are the tax laws permanent or for a limited period? I thought I had read that they only apply for the first 2 years. Even if you don't look at the Danilo deal, the quoted 9m for Lukaku was mental, plus the existing salaries we have e.g. Khedira.

Regardless of the cost to the club, the player will see no difference in their pocket each month, it's going to be difficult selling a guy like Danilo on 4m net in a couple of seasons.
    I’ve read they begin on Jan 1 and last for 5 years with an option to extend for additional 5 years if the person has a kid or buys a house

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
    Aug 27, 2008

5 years iirc

new law on taxes in effect already?
    Jan 2020. All players signed after July 5th (I think) would benefit from the new tax law.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
    Jan 16, 2013
    A 28 year old Brazilian still being good, lol.

Seriously thought I always thought he was a bit of a playmaking fullback, not really any explosiveness to his game (not since he's been at City, anyway). Pretty strong and will put his foot in. Basically a current Alex Sandro on the right.
    True, there are exceptions though like Alves.

I'm trying to stay positive but if he's at current Alex Sandro level then we aren't really improving over Cancelo.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)