Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (50 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Birdie

May 19, 2016
It's true it should be everyone's thing, but I don't see anyone signing up for the revolution. Unless its sponsored by the same disrespectful people, of course. Expecting it from a super-commercially driven mega club, while not so much from the very institutions that govern you is absurd to put it mildly. Same thing for people with a career span of 10 years.
What's that supposed to mean? Maybe you have no expectations of the institutions that govern you. And that's fine, if you see thing that way... But how would you know my expectations? What you were trying to say about career span of 10 years i do not understand at all...

Leaving all that aside. My position is this: why would we go after someone who handled his exit the way Pogba did? And we all know perfectly well what i'm, talking about.

Rabbit

Secure The Bag
Jun 8, 2010
We are for sure making one big signing.

We're selling

Perin 15m
Mandzukic 15m
Kean 27.5m
Cancelo 30m

Possibly a couple more as well. Who's the target, Pogba?

Apr 29, 2006
What's that supposed to mean? Maybe you have no expectations of the institutions that govern you. And that's fine, if you see thing that way... But how would you know my expectations? What you were trying to say about career span of 10 years i do not understand at all...

Leaving all that aside. My position is this: why would we go after someone who handled his exit the way Pogba did? And we all know perfectly well what i'm, talking about.
10 year career span is the average footie's player career. Top salary times, I mean. Why would you expect him to waste them earning 'respect' and not money? Especially in a society like ours. With regards of the governing institutions - one look is enough to any sane person to know 'respect' is a forgotten word/metaphor in our world.

Yes, we all know what you are talking about - its just not that big of a deal. We don't have a better alternative for the most important matter - player performances. If SMS or anyone else was cheaper/better there would be no talk of Pogback. The common denominator Juve fans want right about now is CL - if Pogba gets us there(or helps getting us there) I wouldn't care one bit for his previous offences and nor should you.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I want Pogba back. Would take immediately.

I do, however, find it strange that when discussing high value players that have been mediocre here but the thought of selling them angers people I have to ask why. Do we keep players indefinitely simply because they have "potential"? Ideally I'd like to keep Sandro, Dybala (worth a shot with Sarri) and Cancelo but I'm also not going to kick the puppy because we might sell them.

We have a problem at Juventus and it isn't this plusvalenza people are talking about. Its about talented players with a lot of potential start off strong then taper off to a stagnant mediocre level.

Sandro: Season 1, amazing. Nothing much after that
Cancelo: Started last season well, then looked like he didn't give a fuck.
Dybala: Season 1, holy shit. After that, it was like watching paint dry.
Higuain: Season 1, wow. Goals galore. Then those eventually started to dry up.

Over 200m in player transfers for those 4 players alone...did we get our worth over time with them? I don't think so.

WC players should be improving consistently. Why are players regressing here? Coach? Luck? Philosophy? What is it?
I definitely agree with your words even if I dont think Dybala was "holy shit" in season 1 and I dont think Cancelo didnt give a fuck while Higuain was bashed here for no reason..
A.Sandro was amazing in his first season then became meh and then he stabilized as a very good player although not as great as season 1
Dybala - He was ok in all seasons but the last one but he was never great in any of them (unless you consider the start of the 17/18 season IIRC in which he was Messi in a Dybala costume...)
Higuain - Season 1 yap. Season 2 still scoring but he became heavier. Allegri then decided that if he has Ronaldo he doesnt need Higuain and you can respect it but its not like Higuain became terrible... He still is a good player...
Cancelo - This is where it gets tricky - He started in a great way but then he started to lose concentration and with time all his flaws became more obvious

If we sell all 4?! Nothing will happen - All are replaceable!
Should we sell all 4?! This is up to the management but Im sure we can find different opinions regarding this question here..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)