Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (74 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We had 5 last season, but one of them was Barzagli who did not play much anyway. So I think we'll be fine with the other 4.
Barzagli couldn't play, he was injured. That left us with Chiellini who also got injured. Then that left us with Rugani, which we are selling. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Caceres was injured too LOL

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Barzagli couldn't play, he was injured. That left us with Chiellini who also got injured. Then that left us with Rugani, which we are selling. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Caceres was injured too LOL
I know. The reason we needed 5 CBs last season was that 3 of them were very injury prone. Now we have only one injury prone one, so we should be fine.
P.S. Also as Mark said we can promote Gozzi when needed.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Using this logic, should we avoid Pogba?
No, because Pogba is still a top player, who despite shortcomings based on expectations on him, is world class midfielder. We would all struggle to mention too many midfielders better then him. Would instantly become our best midfielder if we signed him.

Danilo in comparison has been a resounding and gigantic flop in Real and Man city, he litterally has been poor for 4 seasons, has become a backup player that barely gets minutes.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #10,430
    No, because Pogba is still a top player, who despite shortcomings based on expectations on him, is world class midfielder. We would all struggle to mention too many midfielders better then him. Would instantly become our best midfielder if we signed him.

Danilo in comparison has been a resounding and gigantic flop in Real and Man city, he litterally has been poor for 4 seasons, has become a backup player that barely gets minutes.
    what the hell happened to him? He was rocking it with A. Sandro at Porto.

Top club pressure? Party? Trans?

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
    Daniele Rugani's agent will meet with Paratici and Jorge Mendes in London today. Arsenal are interested in the defender & Sami Khedira but Sarri is not in favour of selling Rugani, given Chiellini's injuries. Juve could still sell him to record a capital gain. [SportItalia]

Epic

Jan 7, 2013
    When was the last time you watched him play?
    I watch Man City quite regularly. He did not play much, but when he was playing at the turn of December and January, he did well.

He did not get along with Guardiola though and could not get a stretch of games, even when Walker had a bad run of form.

Contrary to his reputation acquired during his Porto days, Danilo is quite solid defensively but not so spectacular going forward.

I think he will be a positive surprise for us.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Why would we want to avoid Pogba? his bad season last year was better than 90% of the other midfielders out there.
    I want him. I'm pointing out the the arguments I'm seeing. Don't buy player X because he was bad, don't sell our players X, Y, Z even though they have been consistently poor. Buy Pogba even though has has been below what we know he can do.

Everyone thought Cancelo, Sandro, Dybala and Higuain would be the answer to our problems for years. how can so many be so wrong?

In my opinion, there is a bigger issue at hand: Why are supposed top players starting so well then regressing so quickly without any signs of turning it around?

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    what the hell happened to him? He was rocking it with A. Sandro at Porto.

Top club pressure? Party? Trans?
    I have no idea, I watched him since Santos days, and he was always a dynamic and physical all around athlete, was originally a midfielder(CM/DM), not the most talented or technical of the bunch but the one most ready for European top footie tactically.

He defenitely looked better then Sandro in Porto, but shown in especially Real Madrid it's not just limited skillset for that top top level (offensively needs space to run into rather then beat his man, attacking skills basic), but also complete and utter brainfreeze when it comes to decision making. He played with zero confidence, every situation he was involved in looked like a ticking time bomb defensively (attack as said already average). And it hasn't gotten better since despite being alright at times in City. So no idea why we are going for him as our solution for RB.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)