Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (22 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Let's try make sense of the Dybala situation before we start cussing the management. Firstly, Paratici would never agree letting Dybala go without any capital gain unless Sarri told him Dybala won't be in his plan. How Dybala can't be in Sarri's plans? Here's why:

1) Sarri likes to play a lone striker upfront in his system with Higuain at Napoli and Morata for a time being until Jan at Chelsea then re-signing Higuain in the window. We all know Sarri doesn't rotate much so having Lukaku and keeping Higuian will be enough in his mind. Since Mandzukic can't offer upfront as he used to, Lukaku will be the younger alternative upfront.

2) This is what Sarri said in a press conference last week:

Sarri has stated Ronaldo will play in a free role while the other 10 players follow his instructions. It worked for him at Napoli with Dries Mertens and Eden Hazard at Chelsea with both players having their best seasons under him. You think Dybala should suit in a free role given he is at his best when roaming in the attacking third but Sarri chose Ronaldo in that role so that leave Dybala with not much option regarding first team opportunities.

3) This benefits only Manchester United. The manager at the club has no use for Lukaku as his shortcomings will only hinder his team. Lukaku openly wants a move to Italy but given the financial situation this only leave Inter and Juventus as his only destinations. Conte always wanted Lukaku as he tried to buy from Everton before United trumped him in summer 2017. He is back in management with Inter this time and trying to get him once again only Inter can't offer what Utd demand. Instead of wasting time with Inter, this proposal works in their favor as they get one of the best attacking players in world football while offloading an unwanted asset.

So in short, the reason why the Dybala-Lukaku has become ever likely is because one does not fit with Sarri's vision while the other does and Inter can't agree on Utd's valuation.
This all sounds great and dandy, but your point 2 practically debunks all this.

Sarri indeed planned to use dybala.... But the higher ups decided to sell him and sarri has no power over it. He just recently came to juve so he has almost no leverage in this. Most likely fab and the upper echelon told sarri that dybala MUST be sold for whatever reason they believe... and most likely proposed sarri the lukaku option.

And knowing the opportunity sarri has in coaching juve and after just arriving... he would not create a fuss over it, instead cooperate and hearing the uppers solution

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
The club has clearly lost its mind I can see this being the beginning of the end as far as dominating it the league goes
With Sarri, Lukaku and Danilo, we have less than 50% chance of winning the league. It all depends on how good a season Napoli and Inter have. If they get close to 90 points, we won't win.

Leendiz

Feb 14, 2018
I don’t see how we expect the fans to fill the stadium if the prices have again gone up and we sell Dybala Kean and Cancelo that’s just asking for trouble surely. I’ve been a fan since 1992 but this is definitely the most annoyed I’ve been with the club, if this mercato does go as bad as the rumours are saying I can see it being a season to forget and the fans turning on the manager and board

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Dybala kean cancelo rugani and mandzukic plus Matuidi and Khedira is a lot of movement in the squad.

Dybala for Lukaku is the killer...I can put up with cancelo for 40m plus danilo. Kean for 40m with a buy back clause I wouldn't mind. The others I really don't care.

Blind Freddie can see these deals are just fucked. Something is brewing...we are either gearing uo all these sales and bringing in a big name e.g. pogba or the club has fucked up in previous seasons and needs to make the financials comply.

Plusvalenza

The Photoshop Pervert
Jan 6, 2009
Something is brewing...we are either gearing uo all these sales and bringing in a big name e.g. pogba or the club has fucked up in previous seasons and needs to make the financials comply.
Nah, we wouldn't go for De Ligt if this was the case. I don't get all the negativity in here. Until now, this mercato has been almost perfect, all the rest is just a pure speculation and there are so many rumors at the moment that it's impossible for all of them to happen. Unless we make an unprecedented last minute revolution of the whole squad.

I keep calm and trust the new and better than ever Triad ;)

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Lukaku potential is huge guys.. He's still only 26. Born in '93 like Dybala.
Physically insane. If it wasn't for CR7, I would love this guy to lead the line in Sarriball potentially scoring 40 goals.
This is NOT an ironic post. I'm just truly trying to make sense of it all..

- - - Updated - - -

Let's sell Pjanic too for some plusvalenza. We already brought in Rabiot and Ramsey. Add Khedira, Matuidi, Bentancur and Can. We are well coverd in midfield. What could possibly go wrong.
Honestly.. I would sell Pjanic for a €70m bid

Skærmbillede 2019-08-02 kl. 12.46.11.png

If we're selling Mandzukic, Higuain, Khedira, Matuidi, Perin, Kean, Cancelo and Dybala, this is what we'd have.
Still room for Chiesa and/or another midfielder!

Last edited:

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Wojc
Cuadrado-MDL-Chiellini-AS
Rabiot-Pjanic-Ramsey
Berna-Ronaldo-Costa

Still a strong team but our fullbacks are way worse(atleast depth wise), midfield is one Ramsey injury away from being mediocre, and Berna/ Lukaku is not good enough to be starters, and with Costa’s injury history they are probably going to be starters for a substantial part of the season.

I just cant get why we dont sell the deadwood (Khedira, Rugani, Perin, Matuidi, Mandzu and Higuain), get one more strong midfielder and close the mercato. Overall we would have a much stronger team than the one rumours suggest at the moment.
No one wants or deadwood, or they are not impressed by our asking price.So to strong arm us they want our good players and after they are going to take some deadwood as collateral damage.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
I still think that we are going to end up with icardi, seeing that it is reported that he refuses every move except juve.
I can see lukaku going to inter for icardi and dybala's move to man utd is so to not end in inda.Icardi"s refusal to go anywhere but here is very suspicious.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
I still think that we are going to end up with icardi, seeing that it is reported that he refuses every move except juve.
I can see lukaku going to inter for icardi and dybala's move to man utd is so to not end in inda.Icardi"s refusal to go anywhere but here is very suspicious.

Lukaku > Icardi

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006

Yeah, this could be a game to force Inter's hand but so far is not working.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Yeah, this could be a game to force Inter's hand but so far is not working.
The deal could be already agreed and we are waiting for pieces to fall in place.
They want lukaku , we want icardi. Inda doesn't want to pay man utd asking price , man utd doesn't want to pay dybala's price and juve doesn't want to pay icardi's asking price.So this merry go round could ensue .
Juve could potentially swap dybala for icardi, but the fan backlash would be immense.
Management would be seen as traitors for doing such a despicable deal, but swapping lukaku would actually come as a relief for most of us.
Dybala's decision is the key in this because he has to downgrade for this to happen and I understand his frustration.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
The deal could be already agreed and we are waiting for pieces to fall in place.
They want lukaku , we want icardi. Inda doesn't want to pay man utd asking price , man utd doesn't want to pay dybala's price and juve doesn't want to pay icardi's asking price.So this merry go round could ensue .
Juve could potentially swap dybala for icardi, but the fan backlash would be immense.
Management would be seen as traitors for doing such a despicable deal, but swapping lukaku would actually come as a relief for most of us.
I don't think we will get Lukaku just to swap him with Icardi.

At most Dybala will go to MU, Lukaku to Inter and Icardi to us in separate deals.

But with our luck, we will swap Dybala with Lukaku and that's it.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
I don't think we will get Lukaku just to swap him with Icardi.

At most Dybala will go to MU, Lukaku to Inter and Icardi to us in separate deals.

But with our luck, we will swap Dybala with Lukaku and that's it.
Yeah! It certainly is not done and dusted.
It's just a theory. Maybe paratici thinks that lukaku is better or he actually is better. Who knows.In my opinion everton's lukaku > icardi but not the man utd version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)