Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (85 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
Why are you quoting daily mail? They are known for making up tripe.
I’m aware - I wasn’t quoting it as a factual source...I was pointing out how ridiculous that particular article was. The DM is bad, but suggesting that Ronaldo told Dybala in a WhatsApp conversation that he should go to MU because that is how he will become a champion is it’s own special kind of stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Allegri rotated the squad a lot and gave a lot of players playing time. Last year we had a squad of 24 including Kean. That consisted of 3 GKs, 9 defenders, 5 midfielders and 7 forwards including Bernardeschi. Given that we were playing mostly with 3 mids, that was way too lobsided.

With the arrival of Rabiot and Ramsey we now have 7 mids and 7 forwards (Kean is already gone but Higuain is back) + Pjaca (who is almost certainly leaving). While we have 9 defenders. So current squad size is 26 (excluding Pjaca and Perin).

Now Sarri is going rotate A LOT less. This means he won't need 2 players for each position. Dybala will not be at his best in Sarri's system because his best role would be redundant in his system. He could "ADAPT" to playing number 9 but there is a risk with that.

So my guess, is the squad will get rid of 1 defender (Rugani), 1 mid (Khedira), and probably 2 forwards or more.

Guys who are not starters are likely to be kept if their wages are lowish and/or they can play in multiple roles. Hence De Sciglio and Bernardeschi are good to have.

In fact, I could potentially foresee that Lukaku would be our only lead striker because Ronaldo can also play in that role to great effect. If there is another striker it would have to be a very low cost option.

Assuming the deal goes through this is what we will end up with:

Bernardeschi, Costa, Lukaku, Ronaldo and possible one other being either Cuadrado or maybe Chiesa.

This year I wouldn't be surprised if our squad is down to 22 players.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
If we end up giving Kean (40) and Dybala (80-100) we have acquired the necessary 120mil for Pogbs, it's really sad that we do business with Manun and don't get him...

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
Why are we selling Dybala again? And for what, Lukaku? Does anyone have a logical explanation, please go ahead and soothe my pains. The lack of communication from this management is ridiculous. It took us a month to sign De Ligt, now we’re becoming gods in selling our top players, within a week Dybala, Cancelo etc will be gone.
Lukaku, really? He only scores against bottom table teams, let’s bring him in to do Mandzukic’s job.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
I'd welcome Lukaku here with open arms on the conditions that we trade solely Mandzukic for him. I've also wondered why the management haven't considered a pjanic + mandzu for pogba deal either. I'm sure United fans would rather have him up front than lukaku. Maybe throw in a bit of cash if they turn it down.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Why are we selling Dybala again? And for what, Lukaku? Does anyone have a logical explanation, please go ahead and soothe my pains. The lack of communication from this management is ridiculous. It took us a month to sign De Ligt, now we’re becoming gods in selling our top players, within a week Dybala, Cancelo etc will be gone.
Lukaku, really? He only scores against bottom table teams, let’s bring him in to do Mandzukic’s job.

It's actually very simple. It mostly, if not totally has to do with the new tax laws in Italy for players purchased from outside of the country. One of the parameters in place for FFP is the amount of gross income paid out to its players. Net pay to the players is irrelevant, except to the players in question.

As a hypothetical example, let's say that Player A, who signed a contract in Italy prior to these new laws, was taking home 6 million in net salary. That gross salary would be close to 10 million, so 10 million counts on the books. Now, with these laws, the gross pay would only be 8 million. Player A, if he signed this year, would still receive his take home pay of 6 million, but the cost of doing that business is less from a financial and compliance point of view.

This is certainly not a level swap of players we are talking about. Lukaku only wishes he had the skills of Dybala. Unfortunately my friend, this is the new reality. It is also why Danilo is coming here in place of Cancelo.

- - - Updated - - -

If we end up giving Kean (40) and Dybala (80-100) we have acquired the necessary 120mil for Pogbs, it's really sad that we do business with Manun and don't get him...
Probably because the amount of the contract needed to satisfy Pogba and Raiola would outweigh the financial benefits of acquiring him.

It shouldn't be a coincidence that the two players we are tartgeting to relieve our payroll burden are players that are not even essential to their respective clubs.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
That Beckham law counts for how long? first 4 or 5 years? Good for us no one stays at the club longer than a few years anymore, otherwise we couldn't afford to renew with them if they come good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 79)