Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (114 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
I have a gut feeling it depends on the Dybala deal. If Dybala stays and if Higuain's move to Roma doesn't happen, then Cancelo would be on the chopping block for sure.
We need four strikers Kean is gone so the rest of the strikers have to remain and we suddenly seem to not have any money

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Obviously, we are looking for plusvalenca. Key players that could realistically give it to us are: Cancelo (reasonable amount), Rugani (modest amount), Sandro (good amount but no negotiations thus far), Pjanic (good amount but fundamental to Sarriball), Costa, Dybala (the most).

Of the above, Rugani is a non-starter and even Dybala is no guaranteed starter in Sarri's system. Hence why I think both of them will go.

Hence, if Dybala doesn't go I think Cancelo is next in line to go.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Here is my explanation for the transfers.

Kean - last year of contract. Raiola wants him to be first team player, we can't make him such a promise. We got 40m for him or we risked to lose him for free next season.
Dybala - Vastly under performed last season. He has been too inconsistent for the last 3 seasons. He doesn't suit Sarri's game plan - Sarri doesn't want a SS, and the management are afraid that if he has another abysmal season his price will drop too much.
Cancelo - it seems to me that the problem is his professionalism in training and outside the pitch. I can explain his transfer only with character flaws that are disrupting the team cohesion.
Lukaku - he is our Benzema in the front three. I don't think he is lacking any of the core characteristics of Benzema and also he is relatively young at 26 years.
Danillo - all I can say - better than Darmian. Doesn't make much sense but we will see if it will happen.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Obviously, we are looking for plusvalenca. Key players that could realistically give it to us are: Cancelo (reasonable amount), Rugani (modest amount), Sandro (good amount but no negotiations thus far), Pjanic (good amount but fundamental to Sarriball), Costa, Dybala (the most).

Of the above, Rugani is a non-starter and even Dybala is no guaranteed starter in Sarri's system. Hence why I think both of them will go.

Hence, if Dybala doesn't go I think Cancelo is next in line to go.
Let's have a recap of what the new master is doing.

His plan was to fix the defense by splashing on De Ligt, get what he can for free for the midfield, as usual, and get in line with FFP by offloading the old, obsolete players like Khedira, Matuidi, Higuain and Mandzukic.

We managed to sign De Ligt and the freebies. So far so good.

Meanwhile, an opportunity comes up with Icardi to get him for a fraction of his true value. Not bad, even if we don't really need him and he's a piece of shit. Paratici positions himself behind Marotta and aims for penetration.

However, our wage bill is sky high and nobody wants our old junk, who are also on high wages (or they stubornly refuse to leave).

So, we turn to selling what is sellable for plusvalenza to get in line with FFP. Unfortunately, what is sellable is our most valuable players.

Paratici panicks, his dick shrinks and he abandons all plans of fucking Marotta. Instead, he does the only thing he can to raise money.

He lubes up his ass crack and flies to England offering around every young and talented player that we have at a knock off price. That way he can get some desperately needed plusvalenza and free up some wage budget to be able to afford paying the old farts who are clearly remaining in the squad.

This all makes perfect sense. It is completely stupid and incompetent, but it makes sense. The thing that makes no sense whatsoever no marter how you look at it is signing Lukaku.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
This plusvalenza thing was a joke, but I am curious how much it will be if we sell Dybala and Cancelo.

I seriously think we will get another WC player or two.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
This plusvalenza thing was a joke, but I am curious how much it will be if we sell Dybala and Cancelo.

I seriously think we will get another WC player or two.
Another, apart from Lukaku :D ?

The plusvalenza will be a lot because the exchanges will be at very inflated prices. Of course, that means that we will be in a lot of trouble in 1 or 2 years time with inflated ammortization costs. Then it's rinse and repeat. That's how Roma operate and it worked out great for them, so we are copying them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 112)