Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (54 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 3, 2014
Did we proceed with that issuance of a non-convertible bond that was mentioned in February this year.

The bond deal could either refinance that 328 million in debt and push out the repayment date further into the future (5 years with no amortization payment), or it could be to fund player purchases. If commercially we are doing well enough, perhaps management feels comfortable raising incremental debt.
We completed the bond yes and the use of proceeds was refinancing and general corporate purposes which means what we want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Papi-a

May 9, 2006
Icardi makes no sense! But Lukaku??? Omg. That would be perhaps the worse transfer In our history. The guy is awfull! And for that Price, i cant believe it! If he was playig in any other league than Premier league he would max be a 30€ player.

I have nothing Against Selling dybala for the right Price, but not for freakig Lukaku! Not even moratti would make that move.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Don't see the improvement at all. If anything, it's a downgrade and absolutely underwhelming. We're definitely not putting ourselves in the best possible position to compete if your scenario materializes.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
I am not sure I like this but I also have a sense we are doing this in order to force Inter's hand to lower the Icardi price. But in all honestly I would rather try and keep Higuain even though he costs a bit to hold.
Lukaku would cost even more o_O
80m/5m + wages 36m year
Higuain 32-33m year

Just to get another one not good enough for a failure like United and that we'll never be able to re-sell in case of

May 26, 2016
lukaku is an upgrade over who exactly? worst spent 80m ever if that happens. manure management will laugh their asses off.

not that icardi would be any better, but at least he's available on a discount, so potentially less money flushed down the toilet.
Are you kidding? Icardi is a douchebag, granted, but a much much better striker than Lukaku.

Lukaku is a braindead brute that only relay on physicality, on top of that he has a terrible first touch (not that we need more of those in our team)

at least Icardi plays with some sort of intelligence in the box and is technically decent.

Last edited:

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Icardi is in some ways also inexperienced in Europe. He has played six games in CL. That's it. Eight games with NT. He's a good player but a douchebag as you say. Our dressing room is soon to become like PSG's if this continues. Given all above I also question if he really has the mental strength to play for us. Higuain certainly doesn't and Dybala isn't really quite there, seems a little fragile and will need a lot of confidence boost from Sarri to blossom. Either way, I don't want Icardi and would prefer to keep Kean and remove Higuain.

Skickat från min SM-G960F via Tapatalk

May 26, 2016
Icardi is in some ways also inexperienced in Europe. He has played six games in CL. That's it. Eight games with NT. He's a good player but a douchebag as you say. Our dressing room is soon to become like PSG's if this continues. Given all above I also question if he really has the mental strength to play for us. Higuain certainly doesn't and Dybala isn't really quite there, seems a little fragile and will need a lot of confidence boost from Sarri to blossom. Either way, I don't want Icardi and would prefer to keep Kean and remove Higuain.

Skickat från min SM-G960F via Tapatalk
He is inexperienced in Europe because the team he played for sucked balls and were only present in Europe in the first place because of his consistency of goals.

Say what you want, but he saved filthy inter ass more than a dozens of times over the years

I'd much rather have a capable piece of shit as a forward than a limited brute, although I agree ; we should keep Kean and give him a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)