Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (56 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Players coming from United are going to have extortionate wages so unless they're as influential as Ronaldo then no. Lukaku is a prime example.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
If Sarri plays 433, CF is the only position for Higuain and Mario and imo it might be the best position in 433 for Ronaldo, Kean and Dybs as well. You can argue we need an improvement for a lot of positions, but CF isn't one of them.

You just know that if it wasn't Icardi who's available on a discount but Insigne f.e., we'd be going for Insigne and people who like Insigne would be arguing how we need him to unlock Ronaldo's potential lol.
Neither one of those 3 is a proven center forward. Ronaldo, Dybala ain't true center forwards at all and Kean is still an unknown quantity.

Higuain and Mario will 99,9% likely be sold. Insigne? Lol, overrated turd.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Neither one of those 3 is a proven center forward. Ronaldo, Dybala ain't true center forwards at all and Kean is still an unknown quantity.

Higuain and Mario will 99,9% likely be sold. Insigne? Lol, overrated turd.
So basically we agree, the difference is just a few details.

If I thought both Higuain and Mario are leaving, Kean can't be trusted and Ronaldo and Dybs ain't got what it takes to play CF in Sarris system I'd also be sure that we really need Icardi. I just don't think any of those things :D

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
So basically we agree, the difference is just a few details.

If I thought both Higuain and Mario are leaving, Kean can't be trusted and Ronaldo and Dybs ain't got what it takes to play CF in Sarris system I'd also be sure that we really need Icardi. We just disagree on pretty much everything here :D
The "Sarri's system" arguement is being overstretched gigantically... He actually used Milik and Giroud as typical center forwards. So why argue we wouldn't need that option...?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
If Sarri plays 433, CF is the only position for Higuain and Mario and imo it might be the best position in 433 for Ronaldo, Kean and Dybs as well. You can argue we need an improvement for a lot of positions, but CF isn't one of them.

You just know that if it wasn't Icardi who's available on a discount but Insigne f.e., we'd be going for Insigne and people who like Insigne would be arguing how we need him to unlock Ronaldo's potential lol.
We can actually use Insigne more then Icardi positionally. We dont have much wing forwards and he would be useful LW option, super creative. Tho we could probably need more a natural RW.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
The "Sarri's system" arguement is being overstretched gigantically... He actually used Milik and Giroud as typical center forwards. So why argue we wouldn't need that option...?
but we have 3 standard center forwards in Mandzukic, Kean and Higuain. and we have Ronaldo who was GOAT finisher in RM, switching from wing forward to box predator years before he went to Juve. and we have Dybala who has failed as wing forward and AM time and time again and he is probably a lot better off playing 9 similarly to Mertens in Napoli or Hazard around Christmas in Chelsea.

so no, I disagree that we need Icardi, I think he'll push guys like Mandzukic, Kean and Dybala either out of position or out of Juve altogether. and doing that he also won't help us maximize Ronaldo's goal scoring potential, he doesn't have the feet or mind of Benzema, there's a reason Lautaro Martinez hardly played with him at Inter while he was not frozen out

- - - Updated - - -

We can actually use Insigne more then Icardi positionally. We dont have much wing forwards and he would be useful LW option, super creative. Tho we could probably need more a natural RW.
yah, agree, we're a bit short there, Cuads is fine only as rotational option and who knows what Costas fitness will be like this season.

Last edited:

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Funny thing is, the players in the positions that we need most and who are the best market opportunities would be Dani Alves, Icardi and Nainggolan :howler:

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
but we have 3 standard center forwards in Mandzukic, Kean and Higuain. and we have Ronaldo who was GOAT finisher in RM, switching from wing forward to box predator years before he went to Juve. and we have Dybala who has failed as wing forward and AM time and time again and he is probably a lot better off playing 9 similarly to Mertens in Napoli or Hazard around Christmas in Chelsea.

so no, I disagree that we need Icardi, I think he'll push guys like Mandzukic, Kean and Dybala either out of position or out of Juve altogether. and doing that he also won't help us maximize Ronaldo's goal scoring potential, he doesn't have the feet or mind of Benzema, there's a reason Lautaro Martinez hardly played with him at Inter while he was not frozen out

- - - Updated - - -

yah, agree, we're a bit short there, Cuads is fine only as rotational option and who knows what Costas fitness will be like this season.
You are suggesting one of Manbro or Higuain stays; in that case fuck any new CF.

In the other case we definitely need one. Ronaldo scoring a ton doesn't mean he is a CF and Dybala failing as a winger or CAM doesn't make him a true CF, just as it doesn't make him a RB or goalie...

The Ronaldo arguement is another hyperextension. He combined with other center forwards perfectly well before and it can only be an extra diversion in the box. The more threats the better. We have crossers like Cancelo and Sandro here... PLUS Ronaldo is 34, thinking about life after him is needed...

If a striker like Icardi is available at a huge cut price, you don't pass up on that. Financial and sporting benefits...

Strickland

May 17, 2019
You are suggesting one of Manbro or Higuain stays; in that case fuck any new CF.

In the other case we definitely need one. Ronaldo scoring a ton doesn't mean he is a CF and Dybala failing as a winger or CAM doesn't make him a true CF, just as it doesn't make him a RB or goalie...

The Ronaldo arguement is another hyperextension. He combined with other center forwards perfectly well before and it can only be an extra diversion in the box. The more threats the better. We have crossers like Cancelo and Sandro here... PLUS Ronaldo is 34, thinking about life after him is needed...

If a striker like Icardi is available at a huge cut price, you don't pass up on that. Financial and sporting benefits...
I really hope we do :D

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Next season, Ericksen can be out-of-contract with Tottenham (if Real doesn't snatch him this summer), and we will strike a free signing again :D
He has Real written all over him.. The only way to get him is to pay now before he is going on a free transfer..

- - - Updated - - -

Gazzetta:

Perin to Benfica - 15M
Joao Ferreira(RB,18yrs) to Juve - loan + obligation of 12M
Is he any good?

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
He played 5 games in UEFA Youth League, recorded 2 assists. Not from crosses though, both times he was fouled for a PK - according to transfermarkt.

Apr 17, 2013
Official Rafia to Calcio Piemonte.
400 000€, +5 millions add-on, and 20% on the added value of a future transfer. Given the conditions when we will want Aouar, Aulas has interest to make us a preferential price.

Jul 13, 2010
Yup, selling season for couple of weeks now. Offload Gonzalo and Khedira first, matuidi as well probably. If manbro will want to leave, we will go for chiesa and play 433 100% Cr7 in the middle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)