Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (19 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
We don't really need any new signings here. If we can keep Cancelo & Kean while offloading Perin, Khedira, Cuadrado, and Mandzukic then I think we have a very very strong squad. Honestly, I know he is not cheap to keep but I really won't mind Higuain staying. Icardi is younger and a great goal scorer but unless we get him on the really cheap, I am not sure he is worth the risk to have to deal with his (and his wife's) toxic personality affecting the dressing room.

Chiesa to me is an unnecessary luxury - perhaps something we can look into next year.

So to summarize it looks like this (squad compared to last year):

IN:
1. Buffon
2. De Ligt
3. Demiral
4. Pellegrini
5. Rabiot
6. Ramsey
7. Higuain (back from loan)

OUT:
1. Perin
2. Barzagli
3. Caceres
4. Spinazzola
5. Khedira
6. Cuadrado
7. Mandzukic

Squad:

GK (3): Szczesny, Buffon, Pinsoglio
DEF (9): Cancelo, De Sciglio, De Ligt, Chiellini, Bonucci, Demiral, Rugani, Sandro, Pellegrini
MID (6): Pjanic, Bentancur, Rabiot, Can, Matuidi, Ramsey
FWD (6): Bernardeschi, Costa, Dybala, Ronaldo, Higuain, Kean

By the way, after analyzing the P&L effects of the above including assumptions on sale prices and wages, I calculated that the economic effect on the P&L is a negative EU30m or so (pre-tax or around 20m post tax). So as long as that can be covered by an increase in Revenue of around 5% then we should be fine from an Income statement point of view.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
IMO our squad needs to target one more player, but the position that player depends on how Sarri sees Bernardeschi.

If Sarri sees Berna as a winger, then we need to target another attacking mid (Zaniolo).

If Sarri sees Berna as an attacking mid, then we need another winger (Chiesa).

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
IMO our squad needs to target one more player, but the position that player depends on how Sarri sees Bernardeschi.

If Sarri sees Berna as a winger, then we need to target another attacking mid (Zaniolo).

If Sarri sees Berna as an attacking mid, then we need another winger (Chiesa).
I reckon the answer to that question is BOTH. Sarri likes to play with 2 different types of mids flanking his regista. One being an Allan style player and the other being a Hamsik style player. Ramsey is the closest to a Hamsik style player while Matuidi, Rabiot and Can (while all different) are likely to be filling the Allan role. Bernardeschi is going to have to fill in as the Ramsey substitute especially given his likelihood to be injured.

In terms of wingers, Its basically Costa and Bernadeschi again. Ronaldo is likely to be on the left but more central (Sandro likely to be the full back that attacks more).

If Cancelo stays, I wouldn't be at the least surprised to see him used as a winger too and have De Sciglio as the right back.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
:tuttosport: Would be a dream come true to have that sort of pace and power in defense. Unfortunately to afford a talent like Maguire we need to generate some transfer income and i fear it may come at the expensive of Bonucci to PSG for 50 mil. 100 mil? Maybe. but 60mil is low for a Juventus legend.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006

Cuadrado: any team would be happy to have James, he would be a good fit in Serie A. I’d be very happy to have him on Juventus. It’s in James’ hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He could be good as the creative winger (Insigne role) in Sarri system. If we could get him on loan to piss of ADL it would be great.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
How can we pass up on Maguire. Has management lost their mind. Just fork over bonucci and 70 mil. and seal the deal. De ligt is just a scrub in comparison .He has takling weakness. Whoscored knows best.
Just Dew it!

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Man Utd haven't met Leicester's demands yet, so there is still time for us to steal in there and nab Maguire, who MDL could learn everything from.
Who the f is this Maguire dude?! I mean I know he is going to be the most expensive defender in history but I dont recall him.. Obviously you were joking about it and obviously we wont go for this next Man Utd flop but I just wonder is he really that talented or is Man Utd over overspending again?

- - - Updated - - -

How can we pass up on Maguire. Has management lost their mind. Just fork over bonucci and 70 mil. and seal the deal. De ligt is just a scrub in comparison .He has takling weakness. Whoscored knows best.
Just Dew it!
This one is brilliant!

Breaking news!!! Wanda to leave Icardi for Maguire!

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Who the f is this Maguire dude?! I mean I know he is going to be the most expensive defender in history but I dont recall him.. Obviously you were joking about it and obviously we wont go for this next Man Utd flop but I just wonder is he really that talented or is Man Utd over overspending again?

- - - Updated - - -

This one is brilliant!

Breaking news!!! Wanda to leave Icardi for Maguire!
This Maguire dude had a decent season with lester and by his and pl standards he was great.An up and comer. Lester saw that man utd is crushed by the pressure to find a somewhat good defender and they smell blood. So they want them to fork at least double the price for him, because almost al pl teams are rich and they can refuse offers that seem too good to refuse.
Also he is English and that's like a diamond for them.I mean who was the last good English cb Rio Ferdinand, john Terry?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
This Maguire dude had a decent season with lester and by his and pl standards he was great.An up and comer. Lester saw that man utd is crushed by the pressure to find a somewhat good defender and they smell blood. So they want them to fork at least double the price for him, because almost al pl teams are rich and they can refuse offers that seem too good to refuse.
Also he is English and that's like a diamond for them.I mean who was the last good English cb Rio Ferdinand, john Terry?
I see.. We should make a formula for real EPL player`s worth like Price/2 I mean for how it sounds a 40M might still be higher than a CB wonderkid should worth (De Ligt aside)
It would also make Pogba`s worth more reasonable as 200M - There is probably only one player who is even close to that figure.. 100M sounds like a reasonable value..

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I reckon the answer to that question is BOTH. Sarri likes to play with 2 different types of mids flanking his regista. One being an Allan style player and the other being a Hamsik style player. Ramsey is the closest to a Hamsik style player while Matuidi, Rabiot and Can (while all different) are likely to be filling the Allan role. Bernardeschi is going to have to fill in as the Ramsey substitute especially given his likelihood to be injured.

In terms of wingers, Its basically Costa and Bernadeschi again. Ronaldo is likely to be on the left but more central (Sandro likely to be the full back that attacks more).

If Cancelo stays, I wouldn't be at the least surprised to see him used as a winger too and have De Sciglio as the right back.
I haven't watched PSG much, but isn't Rabiot capable of being the "attacking" mid? From what I've seen he's got good technique and composure, his last full season 17/18 he had 5g7a, although not sure how telling is that given PSG score shitloads of goals. Rabiot, Can, Bentancur and possibly Matuidi is a serious overload for one position on the pitch

Paolino

Nov 1, 2013
https://www.football-italia.net/140884/report-neymar-open-juve

A report in today’s Mundo Deportivo claims Paris Saint-Germain star Neymar is now open to joining Juventus.

Neymar has since returned to training with PSG, but the newspaper insists he is still sold on leaving the club this summer, even if a return to Barcelona seems increasingly unlikely.

With that in mind, the Brazilian would have begun considering moves to Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Manchester United and Juve.

- - - Updated - - -

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
For those that were worried about Icardi wanting to come to Juve now we also have Neymar

mundo_neymar.jpg
There is a difference between the two...

Neymar is an amazing player with talent that is on Messi`s level BUT his brain is what holds him back.
Neymar is a great player that immediately improves every team he goes to..
Neymar`s behavior and work ethic are his main and maybe even only weaknesses

Icardi is a great finisher but nothing more than that
His behavior is much better than Neymar`s but he has his wife who isnt an easy person as well.

In terms of behavior I wouldnt call Icardi a risk while Neymar is definitely a risk
In terms of skills and ability Neymar with one leg is still better than Icardi..

And of course there is also that thing that Icardi is possible while Neymar is not.. We wont be splashing 200M on one player not this year and not on the next one.. We might do it in 10 years with how prices are inflated but definitely not now..

Also can you imagine Ronaldo and Neymar training together - Ronaldo will try to kill him for not putting enough effort..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)