Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (52 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
By wrong side you mean you'd prefer him on the right?
Sarri both at Napoli and Chelsea put the defensive b2b on right side and the technical b2b on left behind the creative player capable of changing games. Matuidi is a LCM and clearly can play only the Allan role in Sarri's model.

Dont think he'll switch sides either, Can / Bentancur on the right and Rabiot / Ramsey on the left behind Ronaldo fit Sarri's blueprint, so Matuidi seems out of place to me

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
I love Matuidi but let's be honest in here, he isn't technical enough or atleast the end product isn't good enough to play on a world class team. He would be a perfect fit on a mid table team anywhere in the world, with a defensive approach to play the game. I don't say we don't have any use for him in certain games, but him being a starter should be out of the question - no doubt about that.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Sarri both at Napoli and Chelsea put the defensive b2b on right side and the technical b2b on left behind the creative player capable of changing games. Matuidi is a LCM and clearly can play only the Allan role in Sarri's model.

Dont think he'll switch sides either, Can / Bentancur on the right and Rabiot / Ramsey on the left behind Ronaldo fit Sarri's blueprint, so Matuidi seems out of place to me
I never want to see Matuidi in same side as Ronaldo.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I love Matuidi but let's be honest in here, he isn't technical enough or atleast the end product isn't good enough to play on a world class team. He would be a perfect fit on a mid table team anywhere in the world, with a defensive approach to play the game. I don't say we don't have any use for him in certain games, but him being a starter should be out of the question - no doubt about that.
My thoughts as well.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
we should sell Dybala and D.Costa and buy Neymar. No one wants him lol.
I know it’s just forum talk we’re not getting either Mbappe or Neymar this summer. But id sell Costa and Dybala only for these two. Id wouldnt sell Dybala or Costa for Pogba, we dont need to pay for his holidays.
Imagine this.

D.Costa - CR9 - Mbappe.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
I know it’s just forum talk we’re not getting either Mbappe or Neymar this summer. But id sell Costa and Dybala only for these two. Id wouldnt sell Dybala or Costa for Pogba, we dont need to pay for his holidays.
Imagine this.

D.Costa - CR9 - Mbappe.
How many DC do you have?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Imagine this.

D.Costa - CR9 - Mbappe.
I rather Pogba who will also be available for most games than Neymar who will be injured for half of them.. as for Mbappe - There isnt a single one on this forum who will say no to this..

IMO Mbappe will join R.Madrid IMO and it will happen in the next season and not the current one

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
He has something we don't have yet (mind you, I've seen very little of Rabiot) - dynamism + engine. All our other mids are comparably sluggish. He is the 'bulldog' in our midfield that is necessary if you don't want to get played over the top of. I'm not saying all midfields need one, but he does still offer something different while I'd say Can, Bentancur and Khedira are pretty similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)